Thursday, June 29, 2017

{ Allergy results and my Atlanticus }

June 29, 2017

Finally!!!

It's been almost 2 weeks and I hadn't heard back from the doctor on my allergy panel.  The rest of the results came back fine, I didn't realize until today that my doctor had ordered pretty much a full panel, so everything was checked including Thyroid and so on.  Everything is good there.

Let me just start by saying that, if you're in the military you know how frustrating it can be to try and reach your PCM (primary care manager) by phone.  Usually you can reach the Tricare appointment line but it's automated and you get the run around and so on.

I had been trying for a few days to reach my doctor or at least her nurse, and couldn't get through.  Today I called the Tricare appointment line and they actually transferred me to the Family Care Clinic so I could reach my doctor, which by the way, I didn't.  But the airman that spoke to the me on the phone was extremely helpful and after following some of his suggestions, I finally landed on the right spot which is the Tricare Online Patient Portal.

If you haven't yet done so, you might want to check into that, you can access all the doctor appointments, the lab results, you can order prescriptions and make appointments and even message your doctor through a secure server.  It's amazing!!!!

Ok I'm getting off track......so yeah I got my results from the allergy panel and I'm allergic to quite a lot of things around my house which completely explains why I've been suffering so bad with allergies.

One thing I suspected but wasn't completely sure of, was the dog dander, and yep, it came back that I'm allergic to Cat and Dog Dander.  Oh joy!!!!  I can't get near cats, they make me so sick, but I think my body is used to dogs because we've always had dogs, the only time I really suffer is when they are shedding.

Anyway, I'm allergic to mold, fungus, grass bermuda, grass timothy, grass johnson, white ash tree, birch, oak, juniper trees, russian thistle, mugwort, house dust mites, ragweed and a few other kinds of grass and spores and whatever that I don't even know.  Honestly from that list, I think only one or two things are not around me, everything else is in my house (dogs) or in my front and back yard.  LOL

So I'm waiting to talk to the doctor so that we can figure out the course of action, because I'm absolutely miserable and need some relief.

Alright, after that medical talk, let me show you some prettiness.  I worked on my Atlanticus while waiting for my allergy pills to kick in, and while doing that I started rewatching my Everybody Loves Raymond DVD's from Season 1.  I absolutely LOVE this series.

June 29, 2017

Did you know that the Atlanticus blanket is a boy?  It's actually a him.  How neat is that?

June 29, 2017

I'm loving how it's turning out, I wanted it to be inspired by Cath Kidston colors and I think I've achieved that, only color really missing is the yellow, but I am just so happy with the progress so far, and for once I'm caught up on a CAL.

June 29, 2017

All ready for Part 7 on Monday :)

Well friends, my allergy meds are kicking in and here shortly I'll conk out so I'm going to cut this short and head to bed.

3 comments:

Mac n' Janet said...

When my husband retired from the military w e quit using military doctors. Civilian are easier to reach.

Jean said...

Glad you found some answers, hopefully, now you'll get some relief! Your blanket is beautiful. I used to really enjoy the Everybody Loves Raymond reruns when they aired. My favorite episode was the "AIS" one where he leaves her while she's getting ready for an awards show or something. Hope you're having a great weekend!

Carol said...

I'm allergic to pretty much everything, too! Though I have to say my allergies have improved as I have gotten older (I did get allergy shots as a child). But I sympathise with your misery!

Your Atlanticus is beautiful! I still have to finish Part 3 (SOB!), but life has just been too busy. I am hoping over the weekend and 4th of July I can make some headway.