Monday, June 26, 2017

{ Sleeping away from home }

June 26, 2017

Hello everyone.

It's after 10pm and I'm sitting on my brother's couch.  I just finished editing today's pictures and am only now getting this post up.  It's been a long day, my word.

So I'm house sitting for tonight, my son didn't want to do it anymore, he is a 14 year old teen who would much rather be in his own bedroom.  As he calls it, his "safe place".   My brother and his family will be back home early tomorrow morning, so it's really the last night we need to house sit and watch their dog.

It's so strange though, I don't mind visiting people, I don't mind going on vacations and staying at hotels etc, but it's never quite the same as being in your own house, is it?  I've been here just 2 hours and I'm so ready to go home to my own bed hahahah

I did bring my book with me, it's one that I am finishing for a review and I'm absolutely loving it.  I love the style, I love the story, I love how the author's writing just flows, but yeah, enough on that, I'll tell you more about it when I review the book.

June 26, 2017

As I was saying, it was a long busy day for me.  I didn't have to go anywhere, but I did a lot of work around the house, mainly tackling a project that has been needing some attention for about 2 months or so.  It will be featured in tomorrow's Tackle it Tuesday.

June 26, 2017

While in the middle of that big mess you see above, I had a knock on the door.  It was the postman delivering yet another few packages.  It's been my life the past month, I see the postman every single day, or every other day, with a package or two of books to review.  I love it.

June 26, 2017

The books that came in today were, The dress in the Window by Sofia Grant and two cookbooks that I'm super excited to review.

June 26, 2017

Here's a little sneak peek....

June 26, 2017

I've been trying really hard to up my water intake again, I've been abusing the sodas and I can feel a huge difference.  At my age I shouldn't be abusing the bad stuff anyway.

June 26, 2017

For dinner tonight we went to Texas Roadhouse to celebrate my husband's new job.  We haven't gone to a good sit down restaurant in a very long time.  It felt good sitting with my husband and kids, talking, laughing, and sharing an amazing dinner.

I ate too much though and am paying for it now.   At one point, right at the end of the meal as we waited for our ticket, I actually thought I was going to be sick.  Never happened to me before, and I hope it never happens again.  That was a bit of a scary moment there lol

I kept looking around to see where the exit was and how I could make it out of the restaurant quickly without embarrassing myself or ruining the meal for others.  That would have been awful.

Well it's 10:35pm and I'm thinking I need to get some sleep as I need to be up bright and early to leave this house, go back to mine and make coffee for my husband before he leaves for work. 

I hope you all have a wonderful, restful night :)

No comments: