Sunday, April 28, 2019

{ Grandma visited, more rain and some homemaking }

_MG_5066

It is almost 1pm and grandma just left the house.  She came to visit yesterday afternoon and stayed the night with us.

Grandma Pat always makes an effort to come and visit the kids for their birthdays, it's something they love and look forward to, and so do Curt and I.  She is an amazing woman, sweet as honey and with a faith so strong that it's at times almost intimidating, in a good way :)



_MG_5068

_MG_5072

_MG_5089

Thursday our beautiful girl turned 20 years old.  It was a surreal day, I couldn't believe that my baby was 20, she is officially out of the teens....oh goodness.

I made her a simple chocolate cake, you know I always make the kids their birthday cakes, well, the kids and the hubby and mine as well.  I think there may have been maybe one time that we got a store bought and I don't know why or what the circumstances were.  Anyway, we had dinner at home, just the four of us, and then she blew out her candles.

_MG_5095

Craziness I tell you!!!

Right, moving on, I was quite busy on Friday with my usual homemaking.  One of the first things I did was laundry, and that included soaking my kitchen towels in some water and bleach, before running them through the washer.

_MG_5090

Also got some black beans soaking early in the day, and then cooked them in the pressure cooker.   I cook a few batches at a time, then freeze them, and when I want to have them for a meal, I take whatever I need and then spice them and finish cooking them at that time.

_MG_5091

Dishes are never ending, I feel like no matter how much I wash, put away and reload the washer, there is always and I mean ALWAYS dishes in the sink. 



_MG_5114

This picture perfectly summarizes my feeling towards the constant dishes in the sink.  Just so over it hahaha

_MG_5121

Gave the kitchen a good cleaning, swept and mopped.  I don't mop every day, I mop once a week, mainly because it doesn't need more than that, but also because my lower back just kills me when I sweep, mop, vacuum or carpet clean.

_MG_5126

_MG_5130

An ever growing pile of laundry on my bed.  I wash, hang out to dry and as I take them off the line, I fold and put on the bed.  Rinse and repeat until it's all done.

I honestly don't mind because I enjoy ironing so much, and it usually gives me a chance to watch a show on the TV while I work on the laundry pile.

_MG_5132

_MG_5133

And that is exactly what I did.  I watched Morocco:  Love in Times of War.  If you don't know what I'm talking about, be sure to go read the post just below this one, where I share about the show, where to watch and so on.  If you love period dramas, you will enjoy this one.

_MG_5135

As my chores came to an end, I had an hour to kill before making dinner, so I used that hour to continue reading my current review book, By Invitation Only by Dorothea Benton Frank.

My days seem to be pretty much the same, the same routines, same chores and so on, but I feel that I need to continue sharing them because it's part of my life and what I'm doing.    I may find them a bit pointless at the moment, but I am positive that years from now when I sit down and look through my blog books, I'll enjoy all these details, looking back on what I was doing, where we lived and what was around me.  I think it's imperative to put these memories down either on paper or on an online journal such as this blog, because it's something that will be around for a long time and what a joy my grandchildren or greatgrandchildren will one day have, reading and seeing our life, where their parents and grandparents came from etc.

I only wish there was blogging back when my greatgrandmother was alive, it would have been amazing to have a place online where I could go back and read all about her day to day.

Anyway, my mother in law has just left to go back home,  my house is clean and tidy and I have nothing planned for the rest of the day, so I'm going to relax, finish watching my show, find another one to get into and just have a very quiet restful Sunday.

I hope you are all doing the same and enjoying your weekends too.  :)

1 comment:

Lulu said...

i like routines...have a good day sandra.