Monday, April 08, 2019

Happy Homemaker Monday - 04/08/2019

Good morning everyone and a very happy Monday to you all :)

How was your weekend?  Ours was pretty good, Curt and I had a nice breakfast with my brother and sister in law on Saturday morning.  Even though we live just 5 minutes from each other, it has been a month since we had been together.  Life just gets in the way and we all get busy, so it was wonderful sitting down for a nice breakfast and catching up.

Yesterday Curt and I started my raised beds in the back yard.  I'm so excited, we have so many plans but just don't have the finances to be able to do what we want, so it's a very slow process, every few months we are able to get one or two things for the yard.  It's a bit frustrating but that's ok, we know that God is watching over us and helping us be smart about our finances, and some things are merely wants and not needs right?

Anyway, let's see what we have waiting for us this week. 



The weather:::
We've had some lovely rain the past few days, but it's still very much warm temperatures all around, we've even been sleeping with the fan on.  We are even going to be in the 90's this week, goodness.

Monday - Sunny, 82º
Tuesday - Sunny, 87º
Wednesday - Mostly cloudy, Wind, 92º
Thursday - Sunny, Wind, 65º
Friday - Mostly sunny, 69º
Saturday - Rain, 55º
Sunday - Mostly sunny, 69º


On my reading pile:::
Beyond the Point by Claire Gibson


Movies or Shows I watched this weekend:::
Curt and I watched one episode of Supernatural but other than that, I have watched nothing aside from the usual Youtube vlogs. 


On my TV this week:::
General Hospital
Random Vlogs
Call the Midwife
Victoria
Jesus:  His Life - Premiering tonight on the History Channel
The Act
The Cult:  The Family
Esther
Ruth

On the menu for this week:::

Monday
Beef Stroganoff, Rice and Beans
Tuesday
Ono's Hawaiian Grilled Chicken, Potato Salad
Wednesday
Bifes de Cebolada (Portuguese recipe), Homemade Fries
Thursday
Lasagna, Garlic Bread 
Friday 
Fried Sausage and Potatoes, Salad
Saturday
Panda Express Chow Mein
Sunday
Tasty Burritos


On my to do list:::
Change bedding and wash linens
Sweep patio, pull out table and chairs for summer
Homeschool
Transplant plants into bigger pots
Mammogram on Friday - it's that time of year again


What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Finished my little peg bag and really happy with the result
Crochet placemats


Looking forward to:::
My littlest is turning 16 on Thursday.  I can't believe it, and in two weeks my girl turns 20.  Twenty!!!!!!  How is this happening?


Looking around the house:::
It is not even 8am yet, and the house is very quiet.  The kids and the animals are still fast asleep.  I need to give the living room a dust and tidy up.  Nick has been in there all weekend, well to be fair we all have, except for Jasmine since she's worked both Saturday and Sunday.  But we have all been in there enjoying the Playstation VR games.


From the camera:::
Clothes hanging out to dry and beautiful flowers :)


What I'm wearing today:::
A comfy summery dress.   


One of my simple pleasures:::
Gardening or doing yard work with my husband.     


Bible verse, Devotional, prayers::: 
I just found out on Saturday, that a friend of mine from school is fighting a huge battle with cancer.  She recently found out she has Inflammatory Breast Cancer, and just had a mastectomy this past week.  My prayers are with her as she fights this huge battle against this horrible disease.
My friend Stacey is still dealing with her own battle, I mentioned her a few weeks ago.
My mother in law in her third battle with breast cancer.
My retracted ear drum, it's a very slow healing process but I'm confident that it will all get sorted out.
As always, my prayers and thoughts are with each and every single one of you who visit me each day, here on my blog.  I pray that the Lord watch over you and bless you immensely!!!


7 comments:

Jodi said...

That peg bag is cute (snuck a peek, will have to go finish reading the post). And yep kids grow up so fast! My baby will be 24 in a few weeks! Praying for your friend! Have a great Monday!!

Jean said...

Healing prayers for all. Enjoyed reading your post. Right there with you on not having the finances to do all the things I want to do in our yard as well. I keep plugging away at it bit by bit. Someday, we'll see the final results :) Happy early birthday to your son! Hope you have an amazing week ahead.

Luludou said...

What a lovely spring picture. Hoping your ear gets better quickly. Have a great week

threesidesofcrazy said...

Sorry to hear you are already having some of those dreaded Texas 90's - hope the humidity stays in check a bit longer. I'm excited to hear about your raised garden beds. I know you've been wanting to do that for a long time. Happy birthday to Nick! Where does the time go? Have a WONDERFUL week!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Yeah, building raised beds is not cheap. We have to build a few new ones this spring, and hope to use the old barn wood if we can. Have a great week.

Sarah @ In Pleasant Places said...

I can't wait to start my own crochet placemats, I immediately went and found my own pattern. Thank you for this lovely link-up, I'm looking forward to joining in.

Rebecca Knox said...

Greetings, Sandra! Sounds like you had a lovely family breakfast on Saturday and, yes, time certainly does seem to slip away quickly. It's wonderful when we can slow down and spend time with those we love and catch up with one another. Am praying health and healing over all your requests. Have a lovely and productive week ahead! Blessings! <3