Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Living with Purpose


“‎What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and work flow.”

― Martin Luther

_MG_4941

Hello ladies :)

I want to take a quick moment to thank you all for your prayers and thoughts on my mammogram.  I got my results yesterday and they were normal.  Praise the Lord!!!

If you haven't yet booked yours and are due for one, please make the appointment.  I understand the apprehension and fear, it's never something we want to do, but it's so important to keep on top of these exams.  I always tell myself that I'm doing it not just for my own well being, but for my husband and children because if something were to be found, it is better to find it early and treat it, allowing us to be with our families for many more years to come. :)

I woke up this morning feeling very blessed, not just with the results of the mammogram but with life in general.

There is nothing quite like having that feeling of contentment and joy in your life, and speaking of being blessed, let me show you what my sweet daughter gifted me.

_MG_4923

_MG_4924

_MG_4925

Does she know me??? :)

Now you're probably wondering why the title of this post, or what I mean by living with purpose.  There's nothing complicated about it and maybe it has different meanings for everyone else, but for me, it simply means staying focused and not allowing the world and all it's constant bombardment of distractions, to influence my physical and mental well being.

_MG_4927

I had a point in my life where I actually wondered if I was living the life I was chosen to live.  Not because I didn't like being a homemaker, but because the outside world made me feel that I was less than, that what I was doing at home was not important and I needed to be out there working a *real* job.

It made me feel quite discombobulated and unsure of myself.

I prayed on it, constantly and it slowly started to dawn on me that this IS my purpose driven life.  My homemaking, motherhood, being a wife.  It may not be anyone else's preference or purpose, but it surely is mine and God has shown me that numerous times, over and over again.

_MG_4942

_MG_4943

And so I started embracing it, and started being purposeful in every thing I did on a daily basis.

God is front and center, right at the top, and without Him I surely could not do what I do.

That contentment and joy I have mentioned so many times here on the blog?  That is the sign of being on the right path, of living my purpose driven life.

_MG_4944

_MG_4945

But I have raised you up for this very purpose, that I might show you my power and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth” (Exodus 9:16).

_MG_4946

So, here I am, living that purpose driven life, from cooking to cleaning, homeschooling and gardening, and even my crochet, it's all part of it. :)


I am home all day today, so I need to write up my new menu plan for the upcoming two weeks, and the grocery list as well.

I'll also be making another set of placemats.  I'm trying to make a few sets to sell because I don't plan on doing made to order, and so I find it a bit pointless to have just one available to sell.  I'll slowly build it up and should have some for sale maybe next week, if anyone is interested.

We have cloudy skies here today and I'm hoping some rain, but there's only a 20% chance of that so who knows. 

I'm also getting ready for Easter and need to plan what we will be eating, make sure I have everything I need to fix the meal and all that jazz.

Lots going on, in my head at least, it's just a matter of getting it off my brain and onto paper.

With that said, I am going to end this post and get it published, go grab another cup of coffee and some breakfast, take my allergy meds and get dressed for the day.

I hope you're all having a good week so far, we are exactly halfway through on this very important blessed week.

I'll be back tomorrow with another post :)


4 comments:

Helen said...

You have no idea how much I needed to read your post today. God surely sent it to me through you!
Yours is one of the first blogs I turn to each day. Thank you
Helen

Felicia said...

I have struggled in the past with feeling like I wasn't living up to the worlds perceived potential of what I could do. I always felt like I should be doing more... but never could figure out what that more was. It wasn't until I learned to fully embrace my role as a homemaker that it all clicked into place. That feeling of contentment is the best in the world.

I love wonderful reminders like this, it's always refreshing.

Mother Em said...

Sandra, I'm looking forward to your shop and placements. Could you make me that beautiful signature picture with Mary? Please and thank you.

Mother Em said...

Think we connected a long time ago thru email but have lost you along the way. Send me...if ok