Saturday, April 20, 2019

{ Laundry, baking and Hashbrown Casserole }

_MG_5058

I sat down, for the first time today, about 30 minutes ago.

To say my lower back is aching is quite the understatement.  Ouch!

Why is it that you don't realize how sore you are until you actually stop and sit?  And then try to get back up again and are met with horrible back pain.

It's just been one of those days, where laundry took up most of my time.  I lost count of the loads I've done, and spent most of the day in different stages of laundry.  Throwing in washer, carrying big loads out to hang on the clothesline, removing those when dry, hanging another load in, and tossing another in the washer.  My ironing pile is humongous, thank goodness I enjoy ironing or this may have been the straw the broke the camels back.

_MG_5059

While that nonsense was going on, I vacuumed and washed both living room carpets (hence the culprits for my lower back being so sore right now), baked hot cross buns for Easter, cooked a dozen eggs for deviled eggs, washed a ton of dishes and moved plants around, watered them and so on.

_MG_5052

_MG_5053

Curt did a lot of mowing, matter of fact, the only thing left to mow is the enclosed back yard, but I told him to leave it and I will get to it this week.  He got a mighty ugly sunburn out there too, guess it's already that hot.

When he popped to the local hardware/garden store to get a new belt for the mower, I went along just to keep him company, and ended up coming home with 3 new plants that were 25% off.  I got a Tabasco Hot Pepper Plant, a hybrid tomato and some sweet basil.  They've been planted in the new little garden area.

_MG_5054

_MG_5055

_MG_5060

Back at it with the laundry.  It is never ending.

I wanted to show you a quick tip for the kitchen.  To make my dishwashing liquid last longer and to also get the dishes even cleaner and fight that hard to clean grease, I use a mixture of washing liquid and vinegar.

I don't measure, I simply mix them together.  For example, before I went grocery shopping I noticed that I had that much left in the dishwashing detergent bottle, instead of buying a new one, I fill the rest of that bottle up with white vinegar, shake well and use as normal.

_MG_5061

It really makes a difference.  You all know how powerful vinegar is for cleaning, I use it in quite a few homemade cleaning mixtures.

Hope you enjoy that tip, and if you try it out, let me know what you think.

Finally, for dinner, I was keeping it very simple.  We had basically breakfast for dinner, I made some buttermilk biscuits and sausage gravy, and then a hashbrown casserole very similar to Cracker Barrel's.

It was delicious, filling, and quite an inexpensive meal to make.

_MG_5064

Here in a few minutes we have to go pick up Jasmine from work, and then I'm coming home, getting into my pajamas and getting into bed.  My back is killing me.  I already had my shower and just put on a little summer dress to run out.

Tomorrow we are having family over for Easter lunch, so I'll have to be up early to make the deviled eggs, and the rest of the dishes.

But I'll be back in the morning to wish you all a Happy Easter and to share our menu and some of the food we will be having.

Have a blessed night :)

1 comment:

Mary said...

God bless you all Sandra and I will include a prayer that your back feels better in the morning in my rosary intentions. Have a happy and blessed Easter!