Friday, August 26, 2022

{ And Friday rolls around again }

IMG_3643

 
Y'all, I know I say it all the time, but honestly, what is it with time flying lately?  
 
When I was a kid, I remember thinking that the days dragged.  It seemed that one day lasted a month!  *not really, but you know what I mean*
 
As I got older, it seemed to move a bit faster, but nothing like it's been the past 2 or 3 years.  It's been just going so fast, that I feel like I blink and a whole week has gone by.  I'm not complaining that it's Friday, because I love my weekends with my family, but simply making an observation.
 
So, this morning, Jasmine was off work, but had a therapy appointment, so I offered to go with her, because I had to pick up my prescriptions on base, and the antique store I mentioned last week, that was closed that day I tried to go, was actually opened today.
 
It gave me a reason to go downtown.  I walked around the store for about 40 minutes, and would have loved to have spent more time in there, but my time was short, and it was so hot in there too, that I started feeling a bit sick to my stomach.  I was also wearing jeans, which is usually a big no no for me on hot days. (totally random piece of information for you, but hey ho, it's my blog and I tend to ramble on as if you're sitting across from me, having a cup of coffee).
 
 IMG_3646

Base air traffic has been quite busy lately, which means lots of cool jets flying above
 
 
We picked up some Sonic for lunch, on the way home, and the rest of the day I spent organizing the tv stand in my room, and the bookshelves too.  
 
I quite enjoyed going through the crochet blankets I have, the ones that I still have in progress, which I'm ashamed to say are at least 5.  I need to get back on the crochet wagon.
 
There is a corner to corner granny, so easy to make and so quick to work on as well, not sure why I haven't finished it.  I have to put a border on a small lap blanket, that also won't take very long to do either.  I have a plaid blanket I was working on, but I've since then forgotten how to do it, so will have to go look for the pattern again.  
 
There is also a new Mandala Madness blanket on the hook, and two others that I can't for the life of me remember the pattern name.  This is what you get when you set things aside for years, and don't leave some sort of note on hook size, yarn weight or the pattern.  I'm a ditz, what can I say!


IMG_3649

IMG_3650

IMG_3651

IMG_3652

After finishing that chore, I stepped out to let Kaia potty, and was just so happy to see all the green that has suddenly sprung up everywhere.  Grass is growing, plants are happy and the blossoms have come out, the birds are flying around chirping back and forth, and all because of the 3 days of rain we got . 

Isn't it amazing?

IMG_3653

Back inside, more pops of Fall are springing up too.  I love, love, loveeeeee the BER months.  Not to say I don't enjoy Spring and Summer too (normal summer, not the summer we've been subjected to), I tend to love all the seasons, but if I were to pick the absolute faves?  

Fall and Winter.....most specifically Fall.

Crunching leaves, hot chocolate, pumpkin pie, fire crackling, warm sweaters and comfy blankets.  
 
"Listen! The wind is rising, and the air is wild with leaves, we have had our summer evenings, now for October eves." -- Humbert Wolfe

5 comments:

Aritha Vermeulen said...

Wwat een mooie foto van de mussen. What a nice sparrow photo.

Sandra said...

Thank you so much Arieth :)

Billie Jo said...

Hello! I am with you on the love of all things fall! Beautiful photos too, my friend.

Mari said...

Be warned - the older you get the quicker time goes!
I love your bird shots, they are so sweet!
My favorites are Spring and Summer, I like Fall but hate thinking about what comes after that!

Mandy said...

Such beautiful pictures! Antique shopping sounds fun! We have a couple of places here but I haven’t been in them in a long while. I may need to pay them a visit soon.