Monday, August 29, 2022

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 08/29/2022 }

Good morning sweet ladies, how are you all doing this last Monday of August? Can you believe it? Thursday is the first day of September, my word, but, at least we are heading into Fall right? There's always a silver lining.

I have already been out of the house, and am back home now to get my day started. I have a lot I want to do, so need to write up a list and try to get to it as much as I can.

I wanted to quickly take a moment, to just thank you all for the comments and being so sweet with my return to full time blogging. I hadn't realized just how much I missed it, until I started. And then one day back in July, July 13th to be specific, I made my first daily blog post.....Wednesday Catch Up!


I went into it thinking that it wouldn't last, like so many attempts before, I would start off great and within a few days, just stop. But something clicked within me that day and I'm so glad it did, it's been such a blessing sitting down every day to write up a post. Makes me miss our old blogging days.

Anyway, enough about that, just thank you for commenting, interacting and making this comeback so wonderful. I appreciate you all so much.

Now, let's go see what is happening around our homes. Have a wonderful, blessed week!






♥♥ The Weather ♥♥
Wonderful. We've stayed in the upper 80s and lower 90s, since our rain last week, and it's cooled things down so much. The garden, the trees, the lawn is thriving, it looks so green out here. Love it.

Monday - A stray shower or thunderstorm, 96
Tuesday - Partly cloudy, 95
Wednesday - Partly cloudy, 96
Thursday - Partly cloudy, 96
Friday - Mostly sunny, 96
Saturday - Mostly sunny, 97
Sunday - Mostly sunny, 95



♥♥ As I look outside my window ♥♥
There is a slight breeze which is making the trees sway back and forth. From my bedroom window I have a perfect view of my garden, and I can see the cucumber plant filled with little yellow flowers, clinging onto the fence. We are so late in producing anything in the garden this year, so I am hoping that we get a harvest before the first frost sets in. Which also reminds me, I need to figure out when that is, so I can get the Fall/Winter crops into the ground.



♥♥ Right now I am ♥♥
On my bed, typing this post while Kaia and Elliott nap next to me, one on each side of my leg, so I'm kind of pinned down. We have this routine, or rather they have this routine, where every morning, after 8am, they both climb onto my bed, snuggled into the blankets and take a 2 hour nap. I'm not even kidding, this is their daily routine and if for some reason it doesn't happen, they are a mess the rest of the day.





♥♥ Thinking and pondering ♥♥
I am planning on doing a new routine schedule for myself. I used to have one when the kids were little, and as they've grown and we moved States, first to Idaho then to Texas, the routine just fell apart.

Since then I've been just flying by the seat of my pants, and it's not a feeling I enjoy. I feel so lost some days, and I much prefer to have a set routine to stick to. Just need to figure it out, and adapt it to my new chapter in life, which is that of a much older mom, with adult kids who do their own thing.



♥♥ How am I feeling ♥♥
So tired. I woke up at 2:30am to go to the bathroom, then for the life of me, could not fall asleep again. I laid in bed, I prayed, I let my mind run rampart....have you all noticed that when you can't sleep, is usually when the enemy will come into your mind and one by one, lay down every failure, every thing that is wrong in your life, everything you messed up....it's so frustrating. I usually combat that by praying and praying until my mind clears, God calms my heart, and I fall asleep again. Problem is, by the time I drifted back to sleep, it was 4:30am and the alarm goes off at 6.

Coffee, lots of coffee is going to keep me going today.



♥♥ On the breakfast plate ♥♥
Cup of coffee with pumpkin spice creamer, and two mini croissants, toasted and buttered.



♥♥ On the lunch plate ♥♥

Salad, just lettuce, tomato and onion with olive oil and vinegar, salt and pepper.  It's what I feel like.  Also, I'm going to start having just salads for lunch as well, so if you have some healthy tasty salad recipes, send them my way.  



♥♥ On the dinner plate ♥♥

Slow Cooker Sticky Chicken, Rice, Garlic Spinach

Slow Cooked Sticky Chicken

 
 
♥♥ What I'm wearing ♥♥
One of my summer dresses, you can see it in the picture above showing Kaia and Elliott.



♥♥ On my reading pile ♥♥
Reading through Isaiah in the Bible. 
Paul David Tripp New Morning Mercies devotional.
I still need to finish Butter in the Well, didn't get much time to read last week, but it needs to be finished.  I have so many other good books to get through, plus I have the Fall and Winter book tours starting in a few weeks with more amazing books to review.  
 
One I'm quite excited to review is this one.....






♥♥ On my TV this week ♥♥
Mad About You - finishing off the show then will have to find something else to watch with hubby
Homemaking vlogs
House of Dragons



♥♥ On the menu ♥♥
Will need to start working on the new menu plan this week.  I'm already craving chilis and soups and slow cooked meals.   So, I have meals until Thursday, then will see what is left in the freezer to make a meal for Thursday night.  Friday I go grocery shopping, so new menu plan will kick in there.

 
Monday - Slow Cooked Sticky Chicken, Rice, Garlic Spinach 
Tuesday - Honey Chipotle Slow Cooker Ribs, Corn on the Cob, Scalloped Potatoes
Wednesday - Creamy Taco Pasta, Garlic Bread, Salad
Thursday
Friday -
Saturday -
Sunday -



♥♥ Looking around the house ♥♥
I need to tidy the living room, just fold blankets on couches, fluff pillows and vacuum.  The kitchen just needs the breakfast dishes done and the counters wiped down.



♥♥ To Do List ♥♥
- Clean master bathroom
- Vacuum carpets
- Dust living room, den, bedrooms
- Prep salads for the week



♥♥ Something fun to share ♥♥
If you love medieval anything (like me), and you also enjoy ambience videos where you can go about your day with just background noise, then you'll surely enjoy this ASMR  Medieval Castle video.  
 
I love popping one of these on, and getting to my chores around the house.  
 
 
 
 
 
♥♥ From the camera ♥♥
One of my favorite things to photograph, is nature.  You don't need to add anything to the picture, just look at those gorgeous colors.  




 
♥♥ Devotional ♥♥ 
The Bible is not a collection of stories of human heroes.  No, the Bible is the story of a hero Redeemer who transforms weak and ordinary people by His powerful grace.  
— New Morning Mercies Devotiona by Paul David Tripp




12 comments:

Jodi said...

Your dinner plate, looks oh so yummy!! And that cookbook, will be looking for your review!! I need to update my prompts for HHM... will do that for next week's post. Happy Monday!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hello my Friend! I'm sorry you didn't have the best nights sleep. I can relate! Yes, lots of coffee is the cure. Lol I bet that cookbook is amazing! 😋 I love those ambience videos too. They are so relaxing. And I your sweet babies are the cutest. Just like babies in every way down to needing their naptime! 😆 I'm so grateful for your blogging dear Sandra and feel blessed for the time I share with you here each week. (and on insta 😉 )

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

That chicken looks so good. Hope your week is nice.

Jean said...

Oh, I can relate to so many things in this post especially the need for a routine. Nature photography is also one of my favorites. Might have to borrow that chicken recipe for my menu plan. Hope you have a fantastic week!

Luludou said...

Boy that sticky chicken sure looks good! I need to get back into a routine too, will ponder on what I want and what I can do to stick to it. Have a great week

Aritha Vermeulen said...

Oh I recognize that, not sleep and your racing (bad) thoughts. How much coffee have you already drunk? I wish you a quiet day.

Mandy said...

I love those ASMR videos on YouTube! I usually watch seasonal-type ones with music and background sounds. Lately I’ve been stuck on one that’s a beachside cafe that plays bassa nova tunes. Looking forward to those fall ones soon! When I worked at my school my kids loved them as well.

Deanna said...

Oh how I love the Golden Girls! Your photo of nature is gorgeous. The restless nights are sometimes rough to handle. I have had many a sleepless night and it's miserable. I use to get up and rearrange the furniture and kitchen cabinets. I thought I might as well be doing something. God bless and may you get rested.

Billie Jo said...

Hello! I am so glad you are blogging! I always enjoy visiting here, I feel as if we are very similar. I love to cuddle with my pups, and they love it too. I need a routine, as I did when my children were little. And I love fall! Have a cozy evening.

threesidesofcrazy said...

I love the "SILVER LINING" description of fall! My garden wasn't what it should have been this year either and is all but done for the year! We'll pull out the zucchini this week, but I'm hoping for a couple more weeks of tomatoes that I can make more sauce with. I love the title of that cookbook and am a BIG fan of the show. I'm making fall adjustments to my menu for September also. Have a wonderful week my friend.

Deb said...

I glad your return to blogging has worked out for you. I love seeing that blogs like this are still alive. Too many these days are just for making money, all cookie cutter repeats of each other, or just directing people to the blogger's social media accounts. My own return to blogging is a struggle. I just can't get going again. I have SO many things I want to post but for some reason I just can't seem to do it. So yes, I'm happy to at least have blogs like yours to read and inspire me.

How are you liking House of the Dragon?

Monique G. said...

Our garden is late producing this year. The only thing we've gotten so far is Roma tomatoes for making tomato paste and a few hot peppers. Cuddle time is the best. Have a great week.