Thursday, August 04, 2022

{ Cooking Thursday }

 
 
Good morning everyone, welcome back to another Cooking Thursday.  

For today, I am sharing a recipe that is from my childhood, and one of my favorites.  Actually had it last night for dinner, and I am very much looking forward to eating it for lunch today.
 
 

Every time I make this Bacon Spaghetti, and share on Instagram, I get a ton of messages asking me what it is, and if there is a recipe available.  Yes, there is a recipe on the food blog, and if you're new here and didn't know, I do have a food blog called Full Bellies, Happy Kids.  

I wish I could say I update it often, but I don't, it's been a while.  I will get there eventually, but for now, I'm concentrating on daily blogging here on the main blog, and feel that if I try to take on daily or even every few days recipe updating on the food blog, I will become overwhelmed and give up on both.  Does that make sense?

Anyway.

Here we go, this is a super simple recipe, and it's delicious.  My stepmother would also sometimes make it with Tuna instead of Bacon and that was one of my favorites as well.  Best part is that it can go quite far, feed a lot of people and it's a cheaper alternative to ground beef.



Bacon Spaghetti


Ingredients:
Bacon, cubed (the amount depends on how much you're making, if it's for a lot of people use a pound)
Spaghetti noodles
Onion, diced
Tomato, diced
Tomato sauce
Olive oil
Garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
Chili flakes
White wine
Bay leaf
Paprika
Fresh Parsley
Boiling water
 
 
Directions:
In a pot, add a drizzle of olive oil, garlic, diced onion and diced tomato, and cook until onion is translucent.   Add in the bacon, and cook for a few minutes.  Season with salt and pepper, bay leaf, paprika, chili flakes and tomato sauce.  Mix well, then add in the white wine and the fresh parsley.

Cook for 5 to 10 minutes.  

Next, add in the spaghetti noodles, then pour in boiling water, until it covers the noodles completely, about an inch above.  Give everything a good stir, place the lid on and cook until the noodles are to your liking.  Remember to give it a stir once in a while, and check to make sure it has enough liquid, if need be, add in a little more water.  Check the seasonings, and adjust as needed.

I like to cook mine until the spaghetti is al dente, and the sauce is thickened.

Serve immediately!

4 comments:

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

This did look amazing when you were making it on insta! I'm totally copying this one down. Thanks for sharing. ;) xo

Chrissy T said...

This sounds and looks so good!!!! I had chicken spaghetti tonight. I will for sure have to try this!!!! YUM!

Mari said...

This sounds so good, and my hubby is all about anything with bacon in it. Thanks for sharing! Now I have to find you on Instagram.

Jennifer said...

This sounds delicious. I think I would try it with the tuna - yum!