Monday, August 08, 2022

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 08/08/2022 }

 
Good morning sweet friends, and a very happy and blessed Monday to you all.  
 
I didn't have any posts up this weekend, it was a really busy one, but this week we are back to our daily blogging, so I hope you enjoy that.  I do hope you've had a blessed weekend, hope you got to enjoy it with family and friends, got some rest and are ready for the full week ahead.  
 
Let's see what is happening around our homes in the next few days.....
 
 
 

♥♥ The Weather ♥♥ 
We are still in a drought, at this point 95% of the State is in drought.  This weekend, I actually drove through a wildfire, that came out of nowhere.  It was right around the corner from my house and before I knew it, it had jumped the from the field onto the side of the road.
It was one of the scariest moments in my life.  
 
The wildfires continue to sweep through our State.  I'm praying and standing in agreement for rain.  I am sure it will come.  
 
For those in the States dealing with devastating floods, my prayers and thoughts go out to them. 

Monday -  Cloudy skies, 100
Tuesday - Partly cloudy, 98
Wednesday - Partly cloudy, 96
Thursday - Mostly sunny, 99
Friday - Mostly sunny, 97
Saturday - Sunny, 100
Sunday - Sunny, 103



♥♥  As I look outside my window ♥ 
Cloudy skies, and the most beautiful rainbow.  I am always in awe when God gifts us a rainbow in an area that has not seen rain in so long.  It is a reminder of His promise to us.  


 
 
♥♥  Right now I am ♥♥ 
Having my second cup of coffee, eating a homemade sausage biscuit, and working on getting this post up.   
 
 
 
♥♥  Thinking and pondering ♥♥ 
On nothing in particular.  Just really wanting to get closer to God, to reign myself back in from bad old habits, and to get back completely on track.
 
I never pulled away, I still pray and spend time with God every day, but I feel like I definitely could be doing a better job of it. 
 
 
 
♥♥  How am I feeling ♥♥ 
Pretty good.  A bit tired, but we were up watching Mad About You last night, and ended up going to sleep later than we should.  That 6am alarm clock, comes quicker than we expect. 
 
 
 
♥♥  On the breakfast plate ♥♥ 
Cup of coffee with Willy Wonka Coffee Fudgy Caramel Creamer.  I may or may not have tried to order a Pumpkin Spice creamer, but Walmart was all out.  Maybe it's a good thing, as much as I want Fall to come, it's a bit soon for that hahahah 
 
 
 
♥♥   On the lunch plate ♥♥ 
For dinner last night, I made a Torta de Galinha de Liquidificador (Portuguese Chicken Blender Pie).  It is so good.  I will have the recipe for you today, actually planning on updating the food blog.  I know, color me shocked!  Hahaha
 
Anyway, we have leftovers, so I'll be having that for lunch, unless I don't feel like it, in which case, I will have a Tomato and Mayo Sandwich. 
 
 
 
♥♥  On the dinner plate ♥♥ 
Beef Pot Pies, Mashed Potatoes, Peas and Gravy
 
 
 
♥♥  What I'm wearing  ♥♥ 
Black shorts and a pink top.     
 
 
 
 ♥♥  On my reading pile ♥♥ 
Reading through Isaiah in the Bible
Paul David Tripp New Morning Mercies devotional. 
Still haven't finished my Janette Oke Book.  Beyond frustrated with myself hahaha  
I need to do better.
 
 
 
♥♥  On my TV this week  ♥♥ 
Mad About You (used to love this show, but I must say, Jamie gets on my last nerve.  I find her so unlikable, so rude, so irritating)
Homemaking vlogs 
Becoming Elizabeth 
The Girl in the Picture (Netflix)
Blurry Creatures Podcast on Youtube (wonderful podcast)
 
 
 
♥♥  On the menu  ♥♥ 
 
Monday - Beef Pot Pies, Mashed Potatoes, Peas and Gravy
Tuesday - Ikea Style Meatballs, Egg Noodles, Steamed Broccoli
Wednesday -  Chicken Fried Steak, Buttered Rice, Salad, Birthday Cake (my birthday)
Thursday - Baked Ziti, Garlic Bread
Friday - Sausages in tomato sauce, mashed potatoes, cheesy cauliflower
Saturday - Bacon and Cheese Burgers, Fries
Sunday - Chicken Curry and rice

Desserts this week - Ricotta and Orange Cake, Portuguese Cookie Cake



♥♥  Looking around the house  ♥♥ 
Kaia's toys are all over the living room.  I mentioned before how I spread them out for her before I leave the house, so she won't try to go find something else to chew on.  Although, she is starting to calm down a lot, and has been really good about us leaving the house.  
 
I need to pick those up and then fold the blankets on the couch, and tidy up the pillows. 
 
 
 
♥♥  Something fun to share  ♥♥
I haven't shared a favorite Youtube channel, in a while, so thought I would do that today.  Recently I have really enjoyed watching these short videos on life, in different countries.  I find them fascinating.
 
But the one I'm sharing with you today, is actually a channel, Nemo's Dreamscapes, that I've been absolutely loving.  It is one of those channels that puts out videos of ambience sounds.  This one has a vintage theme though, and it brought back so many memories for me.
 
Have a listen, and tell me what you think.

 
 
 
♥♥  To Do List for the week ♥♥ 
- Happy Homemaker Monday post
- Update food blog
- Call to make my yearly women's check up, appointment
- Laundry
- Elliott's yearly check up is this afternoon
- Reorganize kitchen cabinets
- Clean pool
 
 
 
♥♥  From the camera  ♥♥ 
This recipe will be on the blog today.  These were so good, taste just like Big Macs and are really easy to make.   
 

 
 
♥♥  Devotional  ♥♥ 
I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the sharing of his sufferings by becoming like him in his death, if somehow I may attain the resurrection from the dead. - Philippians 3:10-11
 


7 comments:

threesidesofcrazy said...

LOVE that rainbow, but sure hope you get some rain soon to go with it. That wildfire must have been so scary! And if you like it, it's never too soon to try and surround yourself with hints of fall - order the pumpkin creamer. I found that site recently and really liked the diner one https://youtu.be/nR-Zen2s2Qw. Have a wonderful week.

Jodi said...

Hoping rain is coming your way soon!! OH my that big mac sloppy joe sounds yummy! Will be on the look out for the recipe! Happy Monday!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Those sloppy Joe's look very interesting. Have a great week!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hi Sweetie! I'm praying for your rain too! How special is that rainbow though? He is amazing 🙏 Your menu always sounds so yummy - I want to go to the Sandra cafe for dinner. Lol And I love that oldies channel you like - right up my alley!! Those sloppy joes look soooo good. Blessings. xoxo

Jean said...

What a beautiful rainbow! Praying some rain reaches your area and soon. When I went to the grocery store this morning, they already had the Halloween candy out in the season aisle! No way I'd be able to buy that candy this early and have any left at all in October. Hope you have a wonderful week!

Luludou said...

Hope you get rain soon, that must've been very scary! Looks like a busy day - get some 'me' time in there. Have a great week

Deb said...

With the season finale of Becoming Elizabeth happening this past Sunday, I now have the whole season recorded and will finally watch. I did try watching when the first episode was first on but was frustrated with it and gave up about halfway through. Hopefully I'm more tolerant this time! I absolutely love Tudor history.
~Deb