Tuesday, August 23, 2022

{ Tuesday without Internet }

The internet was working until about 7am, then suddenly it went off.  I did the usual checklist, unplug, reset, pull this wire, pull that one, wait a minute or so, plug it all back in and expect it to pop right back up.

Well that didn't happen. 

Turned out that our router had gone bad.  I wasn't surprised, it's something we were expecting, after all, it is over 10 years old, and usually a router lasts about 4 years.  We just kept putting it off.  If you didn't yet know, we are a family that uses things until they break.  We don't just buy or replace if they're still functional.

Unfortunately, today was the day.

IMG_3607

 
And you don't really ever realize just how much you need internet, until it's not available.  Everything we do, is online, including our TV.  We don't have cable or dish, we use Firestick, Netflix and HBO, but those are also online.  So when that goes, everything goes.

I spent the day, doing housework, unplugged, reading, taking some pictures of the yard and bird watching.

I highly recommend everyone to unplug, at least once a week.  It's crazy just how much it helps to pull away from all the noise online.

IMG_3610
 
The base jets were doing their training today, so I got to watch quite a few fly right above our house.  Will always love that.

IMG_3617

IMG_3618
 
I don't know if you can spot them, but there are two Alpacas, laying in the grass.  A brown one and a black one.  
The neighbor across the street has about 12, and they are just the cutest things to watch.  They make weird noises though, the first time I heard them, I couldn't for the life of me figure out what the heck the sound was, and where it was coming from.  

IMG_3619
 
Fall is beginning to show up around my house.  I haven't quite gone full Fall mode, and pulled everything out, but there are definite bits and bobs that are popping up here and there.
 
This little gnome is a new one this year.  I fell in love with him at Target, he was in the dollar section, and was just $3.  Jasmine actually got him for me.  How adorable is he?
 
I got 3 little black and white gingham pumpkins too, and the gnomes body matches them. 

IMG_3623

IMG_3624

This candle is also a new addition this year, also from Target, and Jasmine got it for me as well.  It smells soooooooo good.  It's quite big, it's 28 oz as you can see.  Just beautiful!

There wasn't much else I did today, so I don't really have anything else to share with you.  I did however receive another Thrift Books book in the mail, I got it as a free book.  After so many books you buy, you get a free book as a reward, so I used my reward to grab a book.  I'll show you tomorrow.

Anyway, it is quite late, and I'm going to go read my Bible, watch an episode of Mad About You with hubby and get some sleep.

2 comments:

Aritha Vermeulen said...

The internet regularly drops out in my house, Sandra. It's annoying. Often because sons are gaming.I like blogging and writing. I would like to spend more time with it. So I put Instagram on pause. But I think there has to be a switch in my mind.

I love your blog. Happy that I found it.

TheAwakenedSoul said...

We have alpacas across the street at the cottage, too. I love to sit on my porch and gaze at them. They are so sweet and beautiful. I love the babies. They do make a strange screeching sound. I love alpaca yarn for knitting. It is so warm...