Thursday, August 18, 2022

{ Cooking Thursday - Orange Ricotta Cake }

IMG_3403

Good morning friends.

We woke up to the most beautiful sound.  Rain drops hitting the roof of the house.  I thought I was imagining it, we've needed rain for so long.  If you could only see the smile on our faces.

A good start to our Thursday, for sure.

IMG_3407 
 
Now, let's shift our focus to today's post, which is of course, our Cooking Thursday.  The recipe I'm sharing today, is not even on my food blog yet, I will move it over there after this post is up. 
 
Orange Ricotta Cake!

That may sound a little weird to you, but trust me, you are going to want to make this cake as soon as possible.  You will love it, and your family will love you for it.


IMG_3404

Orange Ricotta Cake

 
3/4 cup of butter
1 and half cups of sugar
15 oz Ricotta cheese (425 Gr) 
3 large eggs
1 and half cups of flour
Zest and juice from one orange
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt



Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Beat the butter and sugar until creamy and pale yellow.  Add in the eggs one at a time.  Next add the ricotta, the flour, zest and juice from one orange, vanilla, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.  

Mix until well combined.

Pour into a greased and floured cake pan.  (I used my 9 inch springform pan).  Bake at 350 for 45 to 50 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center, comes out clean.

Let cool completely, remove from cake pan and dust with powdered sugar.

2 comments:

Mari said...

Oooh - that looks really good. I saved it.
I also marked Longbourn, the book you mention in the previous post. It looks like a good one!

Jinjer-The Intrepid Angeleno said...

Oh man that cake sounds good! Saved it in my Recipes To Try folder!