Monday, August 15, 2022

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 08/15/2022 }

 
Happy Monday sweet ladies! 
 
I hope you've had a wonderful weekend, full of rest and time with family.  Mine went by far too quick, I feel like I was just getting ready to start the weekend and it's already over.  Good gracious!
 
I didn't get any posts up this weekend either, it was that busy.  As we look at the week ahead, I pray God blesses you, and your family, in every way possible.

Now, let's go see what is happening around our homes......
 
 
 

♥♥ The Weather ♥♥ 
Hot, hot, dry and dry.  However, it looks like next week we are actually expecting rain, for the whole week, which will be such a blessing. 

Monday -  Sunny to partly cloudy, 102
Tuesday - Partly cloudy, 103
Wednesday - Partly cloudy, 95
Thursday - Partly cloudy, 93
Friday - Mostly sunny, 97
Saturday - Partly cloudy, 98
Sunday - Scattered Thunderstorms, 93



♥♥  As I look outside my window ♥ 
Gorgeous blue sky as the backdrop to the greenest of greens trees.  God is such a brilliant artist, isn't He?

 
 
♥♥  Right now I am ♥♥ 
Had to get gas this morning, but already back home, having my breakfast and typing up this post.   
 
 
 
♥♥  Thinking and pondering ♥♥ 
On Fall and Thanksgiving.  I know, you are probably cursing me over on that side and thinking I'm nuts.  However, aside from the heat that is driving me insane, I just love Fall and am already thinking about the holidays, crisp mornings with dew and fog.  Cracking pecans, making pies, soups and stews.  The fire burning......*sigh* 
 
 
 
♥♥  How am I feeling ♥♥ 
I'm good, but am dealing with the usual sinus issues.  My voice actually sounds nasally and I'm quite congested.  Forehead pressure and so on.  If you deal with sinus you know what I'm talking about.  Already on the Sudafed so that will clear it up in the next few days.
 
 
 
♥♥  On the breakfast plate ♥♥ 
Cup of coffee with some cinnamon.  I tried the Willy Wonka Coffee Fudgy Caramel Creamer, but didn't like it, neither did Curt.  Maybe it's just me but, I find that they try to come up with so many different flavors, that they end up missing the ball.    Sometimes it's best to stick to the simple ones.
 
 
 
♥♥   On the lunch plate ♥♥ 
Last night, I made Gyros for dinner.  I actually found a Gyro Kit at Sam's club, and we decided to try it out.  They were so good.  Everyone enjoyed them, Jasmine and Curt took some for lunch today, and there are still 2 left.  So that's what I'll be having for lunch.

 
 
♥♥  On the dinner plate ♥♥ 
Southern Chicken Spaghetti, Salad
 
 
 
♥♥  What I'm wearing  ♥♥ 
Shorts and a tshirt.       
 
 
 
 ♥♥  On my reading pile ♥♥ 
Reading through Isaiah in the Bible
Paul David Tripp New Morning Mercies devotional. 
 
I set aside the Janette Oke book.  As much as I love her stories, sometimes you seem to hit a brick wall when reading a certain book.  I find that if I try to push through it, it just frustrates me and I end up not enjoying reading at all.
 
So often, I'll set that particular book aside and move on to another.  I decided to start on one of my new ones from Linda K. Hubalek.  Butter in the Well....I am loving it. ♥


 
 
 
♥♥  On my TV this week  ♥♥ 
Mad About You
Homemaking vlogs 
Becoming Elizabeth (watching the last episodes)
The Lost Kingdom (only watched the first season, so getting back on it)
 
 
 
♥♥  On the menu  ♥♥ 
 
Monday - Southern Chicken Spaghetti, Salad
Tuesday - Sausages in Tomato Sauce, Rice, Green Beans
Wednesday -  Chicken Curry, Garlic Naan
Thursday - Kielbasa and Potatoes, Salad
Friday - *New meal plan kicks in*
Saturday -
Sunday

Desserts this week - Orange Juice Bread



♥♥  Looking around the house  ♥♥ 
House is clean and tidy.  I reorganized and tidied up this weekend, so everything is where it should be.  I just love these days where you wake up and look around, and aside from the daily chores, there is nothing much to do. 
 
 
 
♥♥  To Do List for the week ♥♥ 
- Start the new menu plan, for the next two weeks
- Get pool back on track (we couldn't find chlorine for a while, finally did, and now we are on the battlefield with the pool water)
- Start the Walmart Grocery Pickup
- Fold and put away the last load of laundry in the dryer
- Pickup my prescriptions at the base hospital
- Start writing the Bible (I've decided to start writing down the Bible.  I've seen people doing this for many years, and feel it's something I want to start now)
- Clean and reorganize master closet
- Finalize the Fall garden plans
 
 
 
♥♥  From the camera  ♥♥ 
Just love books and candles and plants, and when you put all three together, you get the most prettiest photos.    
 

 
 
♥♥  Devotional  ♥♥ 
Have you heard this familiar saying: “When you point a finger at someone else, you have three fingers pointing back at yourself”?   While most of us relish pointing out the ignorance, foolishness, or corruption of others, we are often experts at ignoring our own responsibility or sinfulness. 
 
David thought he had gotten away with murder. After all, he was the king and able to cover his tracks well. But no one can escape the eye of an all-knowing God. The Lord sent His prophet Nathan with a message. Nathan did not confront David directly. Instead, he told the story of a rich man with lots of sheep and cattle and a poor man who owned one precious lamb (vv. 2–3). This lamb ate from his owner’s table and even “slept in his arms” (v. 3). 
 
When a traveler came to the rich man, the wealthy man took the lamb from the poor man and cooked it for his guest. As David listened to this story, he was outraged. Suddenly, he became deeply concerned with what the Lord would think of the rich man. God was on the side of his righteous anger: “As surely as the Lord lives, the man who did this must die!” (v. 5). 
 
In one of the most famous verses in Scripture, Nathan turned the story on David and proclaimed, “You are the man!” (v. 7). Nathan’s parable had gotten under David’s defenses and allowed him to see his actions from God’s perspective. Convicted by the guilt of what he had done, coupled with the hypocrisy of his outrage at Nathan’s story, David repented. He confessed, “I have sinned against the LORD” (v. 13). While there were serious consequences to David’s sin that would resonate for years to come, God forgave David (v. 13). 
 
Lord, today we pray for those heavy-laden with secret sins. Show them Your forgiveness for the vilest offense. The most righteous among us falls short of Your holiness, yet all can find redemption in Jesus’ blood. 
 
BY Ryan Cook


9 comments:

Stacy said...

Ohh I'm so sorry to hear about the battle with the pool! Ours was green for a month! Seemed no matter what I did it would not stay clear! We had to have some trees cut so we ended up closing it early since it had to be completely taken down this year- but it was a little sad to cut summer off so soon! I hope you can get yours back in shape! I know this is an uphill battle lol! I love the idea of writing the Bible! I need to try that as well! Thank you for hosting, I enjoyed catching up!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hello dear Friend! I'm with you on loving Fall and dreaming on those things already. I get especially since you've been dealing with such heat. I pray your weather lets up soon! I know what you mean about books too - I swear I'm sometimes half reading 3 different books. Lol The one you're reading now sounds sooo good! I hope you have a blessed week ahead. xoxo

Billie Jo said...

Fellow fall lover here! I cannot wait for those darker afternoons, slower paced days, and all things pumpkin spice. Do you know there is a pumpkin spice Special K cereal? It is delicious! Hope you are feeling better. Have a cozy evening!

Deb said...

I binge watched the whole season of Becoming Elizabeth three days last week. I'm so bummed we have to wait now for the next season! It's really gotten me back into Tudor history mode, which I very much enjoy. I pulled out all my Tudor related dvds (White Queen, etc.) and am going to rewatch them all.

Jean said...

Well, I'm actually ready for some cooler weather but not sure about skipping to thinking on Thanksgiving yet. Hope you get your pool sorted out. Going to have to check and see if your chicken spaghetti recipe is on your food blog, I've actually been craving that! Have a wonderful week!

threesidesofcrazy said...

You must be in heaven thinking about a week's worth of rain! I'm laughing my butt off as I just wrote out a plan for BLOGMAS posts and a preliminary menu for Thanksgiving and Christmas. My favorite season is so close I can taste it and I want to be ready! I sure hope you feel better soon. All that dry is not fun for sinuses! Have a GREAT week my friend!.

Bobbing Along said...

I am looking forward to Autumn, it is my favourite time of year. I love doing a grocery pick up, it save so much time. Have a good week.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

I have an entire set of Janette Oke books. I have thought about selling them, but just haven't had the time to even look what I have yet. I wish I had more time to read, but canning season is here now.

Luludou said...

I too am thinking of Fall,... in fact took out my box of Fall decor yesterday. That new books looks good. Had never heard of writing the bible. Interesting.