Monday, December 04, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday - 12/04/2023

 

 
Good morning ladies.  It is a cold foggy morning here in Texas, and I am trying very hard to get over the cold that Curt had, hence my disappearance from the blog last week.
 
What started with Curtis getting a bad cold, turned into him getting better, and then me, Nick and my brother in law Chris, getting the sickness.  We have been down since last week Tuesday, all had two days of fevers, body aches, a lot of congestion, and now we are all coming around the corner, but dealing with that annoying cough that always remains after the sickness ends.  
 
It has kept me up for the past 2 nights, my chest hurts, my throat burns and frankly, I am over this.  I have a lot to do fro Christmas, and don't have time to be down with any kind of illness.  But, it's also that time of the year and many...many....around here and all over the US are down with this cold.  
 
Anyway, enough about that, let's get right on with our post, I am hoping, that this week I can get back on track and share more posts leading up to Christmas.
 
I hope you are all doing well, hope you're all healthy.  If you're also down with this cold, I pray that you feel better as quickly as possible.
 
Have a blessed week my friends!
♥♥♥♥♥♥ 
 
 
 
*** The Weather ***
Cold but now this week we are heading into 70 degree weather.  I would ask why, but I know I won't get an answer I like LOL
 
Monday - Sunshine, 63
Tuesday - Sunny, 65
Wednesday - Sunny, 66
Thursday - Partly cloudy/windy, 76
Friday - Mostly sunny, 78 <======== WHYYYYY?!?!?!
Saturday - Partly cloudy, 56
Sunday - Mostly Sunny, 57


*** Right now I am ***
Working on this post, and listening to a Jonathan Cahn video on Youtube.  I love him so much, I've been a huge fan for years, he is so smart, so well versed on the Bible as well.  Wonderful teacher!     
 

*** Thinking and pondering ***
I am on full Christmas mode, there is a lot to do and get ready, and I need to write it all down, and get going.          
 
 
*** How I am feeling ***
I'm ok, I feel fine cold wise, but my chest hurts from coughing, my throat feels irritated and the congestion is still ongoing, which makes my head feel heavy and lightheaded.  Also, I am due for my monthly cycle tomorrow.  Go ahead and laugh ladies.....when it rains it pours right?  😂  
 
 
*** On the breakfast plate ***
I'm working on my second cup of coffee with Hazelnut creamer.  To be honest, I'm starting to go off creamers?  I mean until I moved to the States, I had never heard of creamer and our coffee was with milk, and that's it.  So, I think I may just go back to the original.   Along with the coffee I had Weetabix to eat.      
 
 
*** On the lunch plate ***
Not sure, I have some leftover Bacon and Sausage Rice, from dinner, but not really in the mood.  I think I may do a grilled cheese and onion toastie.    
 
 
*** On the dinner plate ***
Beef Filled Crepes with Potato Wedges, Salad    
 

*** On the menu ***
Will start working on the new menu this week.  I have a few meals already planned but the empty slots, are for meals I haven't yet planned for.
 
MondayBeef Filled Crepes with Potato Wedges, Salad    
Tuesday - Hay and Straw Pasta, Garlic Bread
Wednesday -
Thursday
Friday - Oklahoma Fried Onion Burgers, Fries
Saturday -
Sunday -
 
 
*** What I am wearing ***
Winter pajamas of course.  Will throw on some leggings and a long sleeved shirt, for my day.         
 
 
*** On my reading pile ***
I am going to be reading through the book of Luke this month.  Because I've been sick, I haven't started but I'll quickly catch up today.  The point is to read a chapter of Luke each day, up until Christmas day. 
Jonathan Cahn's The Return of the Gods
Francine River's, A Lineage of Grace.


*** On my TV this week ***
Youtube - Brazilian Homemaking Vlogs, Vlogmas, Christmas recipes
Turkish shows - Bambaska Biri, Dizik Talesi, Hudutsuz Sevda
 

*** Looking around the house ***
The fireplace is looking empty, it needs my Christmas village which I haven't been able to get up yet.  I plan on doing that today.      
 

*** To do list ***
Christmas village
Usual homemaking
Plan menu for Christmas Eve
Finalize gift list
 

*** From the camera ***
Christmas time means cute themed mugs, right?  



*** Something to share ***
Today I'm bringing you 4 hours of the best old Christmas songs.  Just pop it on, and get going with your Christmas decorations. 
 
 
*** Christmas Tips, DIY, Ideas or recipes ***
One of the appetizers that will be on the table this Christmas, are these super cute cheese trees.  I've been seeing these floating around for a while.  They're so quick and easy to make but look adorable.
 

 
You just need some cheese wedges (laughing cow etc), the amount is up to you, make as many as you need.  You can also take a block of cheese and cut it into wedges, or a cheese wheel cut into wedges.
Crushed herbs like oregano, basil, rosemary, dill (whatever you like)
Crushed red pepper flakes
Smoked paprika

Then you mix the herbs on a plate.  Break a pretzel stick in half.  Press the cheese wedge down on the herbs, then flip to coat the other side.  Insert half of a pretzel stick into the wedge, and that's it.  You have yourself an adorable Christmas Tree.


*** Devotional, Bible Verses ***
I thought that for this month, I would share with you the book of Luke, in video format, from one of my favorite Youtube channels The Bible Project.  Here's the first 2 chapters of Luke.  Hope you enjoy as much as I did.  




9 comments:

Elisha said...

I love the Bible Project videos. I hope you are all feeling better very soon; there seems to be so much going around right now.

Lisa K Thomasson Jung said...

I hope you feel better. This crazy weather here keeps everyone sick with cold and allergies.

Jean said...

Super cute Christmas tree appetizers! I always just add milk to my coffee as I don't care much for the flavored creamers but I do like to get flavored coffee sometimes. Hope you start to feel much better this week. Have a wonderful one!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hi Sweetie!
I hope you continue to get better & better. Aaron is finally feeling better over here. I pray everyone is healthy for all of us over Christmas! 🙏 Lol
I'm stealing that cheese tree idea - LOVE that!! How adorable.
Blessings on your week ahead. xo

Sherry Jolly said...

I hope you feel better soon. There is just so much going around right now. I absolutely love the Bible Project. I saw some group doing the Luke one chapter a day, maybe Ashley Heatherington? It's the perfect time of year for it, that's for sure!

Luludou said...

Hoping you feel better real soon, never fun to be sick but just before the Holidays is crap. Have a great week

threesidesofcrazy said...

I'm so sorry to hear you're under the weather yet again! I hope you're feeling better soon. It's hard to believe that Christmas is only 3 weeks away! That cheese appetizer is pure genius!

Aritha V. said...

Beterschap!

I love the cute cheese trees. So pretty.
Thank you.

Debbie said...

I am in S.E. Texas and I've had the exact same cold! In fact, my entire family (except my husband) had it. It took an entire week to get over and yet, the cough still lingers. I hope you feel better soon :)