Monday, December 11, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday - 12/11/2023


 
Good morning everyone, it is a really cold morning here in Texas.  I've had to make a fire the past two days, because the mornings especially have been pretty chilly.  
 
I hope you've all had a wonderful weekend.  We have a new week ahead, as I always say, a blank slate and a chance to start fresh, remember God's mercies are new every morning. 
I need to post the Advent Calendar gifts for the past two days, I just haven't had a chance to get on the computer.  Yesterday we had a broken pipe out back, the one that connects to the toilets.  Ugh!  Thankfully my husband and brother in law, were able to get it fixed, and replace the broken seal for less than 20 dollars.  It's always something right?
Anyway, let's get going with our post.
 
Have a blessed week my friends!
♥♥♥♥♥♥ 
 
 
 
*** The Weather ***
It is cold.  We're heading into the 60s and 50s, which I'm ok with, and it also looks like we have a little rain this week as well. 
 
Monday - Sunshine, 62
Tuesday - Mostly cloudy, 63
Wednesday - Cloudy, 52
Thursday - Cloudy, 56
Friday - Rain, 51
Saturday - Partly cloudy, 53
Sunday - Partly cloudy, 61


*** Right now I am ***
Listening to a podcast, and typing up this post, while talking on Telegram with my stepmother.       
 

*** Thinking and pondering ***
Christmas, just concentrated on getting everything ready and done.            
 
 
*** How I am feeling ***
I'm doing well, thankfully.  Finally over the cold, still have a little congestion but the cough is pretty much gone.
 
 
*** On the breakfast plate ***
I just had 2 sausage biscuits, the little frozen ones that you microwave.  I didn't eat dinner last night, just wasn't hungry.  
I've had a cup of coffee, but will have another in about an hour.        
 
 
*** On the lunch plate ***
I may make a grilled cheese and tomato sandwich.      
 
 
*** On the dinner plate ***
Roasted Fish fillets with peppers and tomatoes, roasted potatoes, fried green beans.      
 

*** On the menu ***
 
Monday - Roasted Fish fillets with peppers and tomatoes, roasted potatoes, fried green beans    
Tuesday - Stuffed Green Peppers, Salad
Wednesday - Beer and Onion Bratwurst, mashed potatoes
Thursday -  Roast chicken legs, tomato and garlic spaghetti, salad
Friday - Oklahoma Fried Onion Burgers, Fries, Mozzarella Sticks
Saturday - Crockpot Salsa chicken and rice, sauteed kabocha squash
Sunday - Chuck Wagon Stew, Cornbread
 
 
*** What I am wearing ***
Just my pajamas at the moment.  Probably throw on some sweats later.           
 
 
*** On my reading pile ***
Luke this month.   
Jonathan Cahn's The Return of the Gods
Francine River's, A Lineage of Grace.


*** On my TV this week ***
Youtube - Brazilian Homemaking Vlogs, Vlogmas, Christmas recipes
Turkish shows - Bambaska Biri, Dizik Talesi, Hudutsuz Sevda
Netflix - The Pacific, All the light we cannot see
 

*** Looking around the house ***
The fireplace is looking empty, it needs my Christmas village which I haven't been able to get up yet.  I plan on doing that today.      
 

*** To do list ***
Usual homemaking
Laundry
Decorate the real Christmas tree 


*** From the camera ***
It's pecan harvest time, so this is a constant scene in our home.    

 
 
*** Something to share ***
Do you know the story behind the Christmas Cards?  Well here's a really short video explaining, I think you'll enjoy it as much as I did. 
 
 
 
 
*** Christmas Tips, DIY, Ideas or recipes ***
Condiment bottle for easy icing decorations
Decorating cookies for the holidays is always fun and festive, especially when the whole family gets involved. Want to make it easier to be precise and cleaner with that icing, then just use plastic condiment bottles to squeeze your way to perfection.
 

 

*** Devotional, Bible Verses ***
Read Luke 11 today....
 

9 comments:

A Runners Mom & More said...

Glad you are feeling better & the plumbing situation was an easy fix, and you have a Handy hubby & BIL.

Mrs.T said...

You're right, it is always something. I have a handy hubby who can fix almost anything, and it sounds as if you do, too.

Your menu plan sounds fantastic as always. Thanks for hosting!

Lisa K Thomasson Jung said...

Glad you are feeling better. Nice too have a handy hubby. Thanks for the decorating tip.

Sherry Jolly said...

I've been looking through your posts about your Advent calendar - is that not the cutest thing I've ever seen? It's adorable. I hope you are enjoying this holy season!

threesidesofcrazy said...

Glad you're feeling better, but so sorry to hear about yet another household issue. Thank goodness this one was an inexpensive fix. Love the Christmas card history lesson - thank you! Hope you have a GREAT week.

Deanna said...

Hello Sandra. Merry Christmas! I watched the video about making Christmas Cards and enjoyed it very much as I ran a manual printing press when I was in High School. All the best to you, d

Jean said...

Glad you are feeling better! Enjoyed your post. Thank you for the Christmas card video. Hope you have a wonderful rest of your week!

Susanne said...

Hi Sandra! Glad you are feeling better. I've read, I think, 3 of the stories in Lineage of Grace and have really liked them.

Luludou said...

Sorry, so, so late. Love the tip with the condiment bottle and learning about christmas cards. Glad you are feeling better. Have a good week