Monday, December 18, 2023

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 12/18/2023 }


 
Good morning friends, welcome back to my blog.
 
I have to make this a quick post, as we're heading off 2 and half hours away, for a funeral.  My husband's stepfather, passed away last week.  He was married to my mother in law, and has been having health issues for years.  Thankfully we got to talk to him last weekend when he was in the ICU, but unfortunately he passed Tuesday night.  
 
I would say I am not looking forward to today, but that would be an understatement, I don't think anyone likes funerals.  However, I really, like really dislike them.  I feel very uncomfortable during the whole process, I don't know why.  So, going to a funeral is a big thing for me, I have to mentally prepare myself.
 
Anyway, I have to get ready soon, and have just zipped around the house to get things organized before leaving for the day.  Dishes are done, kitchen is clean, living room and dining room are tidied up, and I have laundry started so I can switch it to the dryer before I leave.  I also managed to call in my yearly appointment at the Gyn, and now I have to put this post up as quickly as I can.
 
Busy day.  Hope you all have a blessed week ahead.
♥♥♥♥♥♥ 
 
 
 
*** The Weather ***
Some rain this week, some not so cold afternoons.  Typical Texas November weather.   
 
Monday - Sunny, 58
Tuesday - Mostly cloudy, 63
Wednesday - Cloudy, 67
Thursday - Rain, 64
Friday - Showers, 65
Saturday - Showers, 66
Sunday - Showers, 69


*** Right now I am ***
Working on this post and listening to a video on Rumble.         
 

*** Thinking and pondering ***
About the funeral, about what I need to get done, about Christmas.              
 
 
*** How I am feeling ***
I woke up with a pain on my left hip lower back.  I sometimes have a tendency to sleep incorrectly, where I keep my left leg fully stretched out all night, then wake up with this muscle cramp/pain.  I just hope it goes away soon, because standing on it makes it worse and I'll be doing a bit of standing around today.  
 
 
*** On the breakfast plate ***
I have had a cup of coffee, also just had 3 scrambled eggs and 2 pieces of toast.  It will have to keep me going for the whole day, until I return home to make dinner.         
 
 
*** On the lunch plate ***
No idea, probably nothing.      
 
 
*** On the dinner plate ***
I'm thinking of throwing in a Salsa Chicken in the crockpot for dinner.  Will just make some rice and a salad to go with it, when I'm home. 
 

*** On the menu ***
I will start working on the new meal plan this week, but we also have Christmas Eve coming up on Sunday and as usual, we will have all our Portuguese favorites on the table.
 
Monday - Salsa Chicken, Rice and Salad    
Tuesday - Beef Casserole, Steamed Broccoli
Wednesday - Smoked Sausage Cajun Alfredo, Garlic Bread, Salad
Thursday -  Chuck Wagon Stew, Cornbread
Friday -
Saturday -
Sunday -
 
 
*** What I am wearing ***
Winter pajamas at the moment.             
 
 
*** On my reading pile ***
Luke this month.   
Jonathan Cahn's The Return of the Gods
Francine River's, A Lineage of Grace.


*** On my TV this week ***
Youtube - Brazilian Homemaking Vlogs, Vlogmas, Christmas recipes
Turkish shows - Bambaska Biri, Dizik Talesi, Hudutsuz Sevda
Netflix - The Pacific, All the light we cannot see
 

*** Looking around the house ***
It's clean and tidy, but I do need to give the carpets a good clean again.  I'll have to do that tomorrow.       
 

*** To do list ***
Funeral
Christmas shopping this week
Women's Clinic tomorrow morning - we have a new doctor but she doesn't have a schedule yet, so I've been waiting since October to have my yearly check up.  However, I am on my last box of patches, so need to go in tomorrow to the contraception clinic on base, to get those prescribed until they can get me in for an appointment.


*** From the camera ***
Last year at Hobby Lobby, during the after Christmas sale, we picked up these stocking hangers for the fireplace.  I just love them so much, how adorable are they?      


 
  
*** Something to share ***
Here is some relaxing Christmas music for you all, hope you enjoy.   

 
 
*** Christmas Tips, DIY, Ideas or recipes ***
When stringing popcorn for garland, let it sit for a couple of days to get stale. Stale popcorn is easier to string.
 
I didn't think it would make a difference, but it really does.  Give it a try.
 

*** Devotional, Bible Verses ***
May He work in us what is pleasing to Him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever.  - Hebrews 13:21

5 comments:

Luludou said...

My sympathies for your loss.
Hoping your hip is better, have a good week

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

So sorry for the loss of your hubby's step Dad. I hope everything went okay. I pray you have a wonderfully blessed Christmas holiday ahead dear Sandra. xoox 🎄 🌟

threesidesofcrazy said...

So sorry you're having a tough week. Condolences to Curt and your family as you deal with this loss. Have a better rest of the week and a very blessed Christmas.

Mrs.T said...

Good Bible verse!

Sorry for your family's loss. These things are always difficult even when health issues have been ongoing and we know the person could go at any time. But holiday time always seems to make things harder.

Hope you are feeling better now with the funeral behind you.

Jean said...

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Hope the rest of your week was peaceful and you have a wonderful weekend and Christmas.