Thursday, November 09, 2006

Slow Cooking Thursday




With fall just around the corner and so many wonderful recipes being shared, constantly, amongst the blogging ladies....I thought that it would be neat to have a feature every thursday, just for crockpot recipes.
What do you think??? Do You have some great recipes to share, or perhaps you're looking for some delicious ones to give you a reason to pull out the ol' crockpot???
Well it's thursday ladies and you know what that means. Time to pull out those crockpots and put them to good use. If you want to join in, just grab the banner and add your name to Mr Linky :)

Usually I post a recipe for a main dish, but I decided to switch things a bit today and do a dessert, it's one I'm going to make this weeke
nd, and it's also from the new cookbook I picked up last week, so I'm hoping it turns out good. If not, then I'm sorry LOL



PEACH COBBLER

2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen peaches, thawed and drained
3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3/4 cup all-purporse flour
6 tablespoons butter, cut into bits
Whipped Cream
Combine peaches, 3/4 cup sugar, 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon and nutmeg in medium bowl. Place into slow cooker. For topping, combine flour, remaining 1 tablespoon sugar and remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in separate bowl. Cut in butter with pastry cutter or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over peach mixture. Cover and cook on HIGH 2 hours. Serve with whipped cream, if desired.

Makes 4 to 6 servings


7 comments:

Disney for Boys said...

I love peaches and will surely have to try this recipe!
I have posted my crockpot recipe!
Thanks for hosting this, such a great idea!

Laura said...

Do you know I have never tried to do a dessert in my crockpot. For someone who uses their crockpot as much as I do I think that is a tad strange so I'm going to try this...maybe on the weekend. I'm going to post a recipe but I have to go into town so it will be later this afternoon. Thanks Sandra! Laura

Overwhelmed! said...

I'm a peach lover too! Thanks for sharing this recipe withus. :)

Michelle said...

Peach Cobbler is my MILs favorite dessert. I'm going to have to make this while they are here visiting between Christmas and New Years!

gail@more than a song said...

That one sounds good, I love peaches!

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

I, too, have never tried a dessert in mine, so I really need to "break out" and try something new! Peach cobbler would only be second to cherry in my house, I love peach cobbler :)

Let us know how it turns out, Sandra, can't wait to hear!!!

Have a great day :)

Jen said...

This sounds great....yummy