Thursday, April 22, 2010

{Cooking Thursday }


Won't you join me and share with us one of your new recipes, or an old family favorite, you can even throw in a recipe for homemade soaps or detergents (just remember to specify).

For the guidelines, you can go here.

********************************************
Trisha Yearwood Crockpot Mac & Cheese

CROCKPOT MACARONI AND CHEESE
Credit: Home Cooking with Trisha Yearwood
Serves 12


8 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked (I didn't cook mine, just threw it in with everything else)
1 12 ounce can evaporated milk
1 1/2 cups whole milk
2 large eggs, beaten
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
1 teaspoon salt
dash of pepper
2 10 ounce bricks sharp cheddar cheese, grated (about 5 cups)
dash of paprika

In a large 4-quart crockpot sprayed with cooking spray, mix the macaroni, milks, eggs, butter, salt, pepper, and all but 1/2 cup of the grated cheese.

Sprinkle the reserved cheese over the top of the mixture and then sprinkle with paprika. Cook on low heat for 3 hours and 15 minutes.

Turn off the crockpot, stir the mixture, and serve hot.

4 comments:

Blessed Beyond said...

This looks good and sounds good! Will make a great and easy side dish for a get together! Thank you for sharing! Have a great day!
Hugs and Blessings,

Jen said...

YER killin me! LOL! I'm trying to eat healthy and here you are posting something like this...LOL! Just Kiddin!! I love your recipes.

Have a great day!

Mari said...

We love mac and cheese - this sounds like a good one. I like that you didn't have to cook the noodles first - bonus!

Heart2Heart said...

Sandra,

Mac and Cheese has always been a huge comfort food for me as long as I can remember. I've captured this so I can use it on those super busy days and still have a hot homemade meal ready to go.

If you get a chance, stop by and participate in some of my giveaways, most of them end this weekend! I'd love to have you join!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat