Monday, August 18, 2014

{ Young Living Essential Oils - Review }



I am so very excited to share this with you today.  Essential Oils!!!!

I have always been into herbs and non modern medicine, and for the longest time I have wanted to dabble with essential oils, especially after reading so many testimonials and hearing from friends who use them on a daily basis.

Young Living Essential OilsJust never got around to trying them, until a week or so before I moved to this house, where one of my blog readers asked me if I would be interested in trying out the Young Living Essential Oils.  Absolutely!!!!

We waited until I was all settled into the house, and then about 3 weeks ago, I got my kit in the mail.  It was like Christmas to me, you should have seen how I ripped into that box.

In the kit were tons of information, a bunch of different essential oils and even a beautiful diffuser.

Over the past two or so weeks, I have incorporated the oils into my daily routine, and even let my sister in law and niece take some to try as well, those which I thought would fit better with whatever needs they were having.

The very first one I used was the Lavender, naturally.  If you know anything about me, then you know that I would be all over that one.

It is also the first one I put in the Diffuser, it sits in my bedroom on my side table and gets turned on every night, it not only helps us sleep better, but I've noticed a huge change in my old pug, who was becoming very restless the past few weeks, but has since then been sleeping soundly.

Young Living Essential Oils

I love this. My husband has asked me to move it into the living room, but I haven't brought myself to do it quite yet, as I'm really enjoying the benefits of it providing me and the dogs with a peaceful sound sleep.

Young Living Essential Oils

Lavender....my absolute favorite thing on earth, not just for the scent but for it's properties.

Another place I use the Lavender is in my laundry room.  I made a small little pouch of lavender potpourri using dried lavender that I had dried myself, and a few drops of the oil.  I toss it in the dryer with the clothes and they come out smelling amazing.

One of my other faves is Thieves.  Oh my word, this one is wonderful in more ways than one.  One of the things I do is use it in my dishwasher.  I put a few drops in with the detergent and it does a wonderful job of removing unwanted odors and also cleaning the dishes.

Dishwasher

You're probably wondering where the name came from, honestly I was too when I first saw it.  It's quite an interesting story.

Thieves was created based on the historical account of four thieves in France who protected themselves from the Black Plague with cloves, rosemary, and other aromatics while robbing victims of the killer disease. When captured, they were offered a lighter sentence in exchange for their secret recipe.

One of the ways that Thieves is good for, is during the winter months when you can mix it with a bit of water and gargle for a sore throat, or you can mix with V-6 oil or olive oil and apply to your chest and throat for respiratory issues like bronchitis.

I will be diffusing it to combat germs.

The uses of this specific oil are too many to list, from adding it to your mop water for cleaner floors, to applying some to the roof of your mouth for headaches, to the soles of your feet to combat colds and flus, to the water on your plants to repel insects, to applying to cold sores mixed with some olive oil.

THAT one I will tell you that it works.  I have mentioned before how I get a lot of cold sores, at least twice a year and I have tried everything under the sun, some work ok, others don't.  I started getting one right before my birthday, I mixed the thieves oil with some olive oil and applied it.  The cold sore never developed and was gone within 2 days.  WOW!

Young Living Essential Oils

To be honest, I have not even begun to scratch the surface of all the uses of essential oils.  I can't wait though, I have found that every single day I am learning something new, and applying them in a different way.

I haven't yet used all of them, just a few, and let me show you the ones I have been really enjoying so far.

Young Living Essential Oils

Panaway has helped me a lot.   I am always pulling muscles either on my neck or my back or recently, in my rib area.  I take a few drops and mix it with olive oil, then rub it on and it does a wonderful work of reducing the tenderness and pain.  I also sometimes use it without the olive oil and that tends to be even better.

I try very hard to follow the directions and because I'm so new to essential oils, I don't just open the bottle and proceed to apply, I read and research and make sure I can use it where I need it.

Which is what I do with my next favorite one, the Frankincense.  I've always liked the way it smells, and I really really like that it is so good for stress relief.

Not to mention the biblical inference.  Remember Matthew 2:11?

“And when they came into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshiped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh.” 

I've always seen Frankincense mentioned in the Bible, quite a few times actually.  No wonder it's one of my favorite oils.

Young Living Essential Oils

I apply a bit to my temples and forehead and it helps ease the tension and stress.     Did you know that it is also good for Breast Health?  You just mix 2 to 3 drops with either V6 or olive oil and massage into the breast tissue.

I have always had issues with fibrous cysts and have started using the Frankincense.  Will tell you how it works or how I'm finding it as time goes by.

Please remember that I am no doctor, and if you have any questions about any of these oils or if you're worried about using them, consult your doctor.

I have been doing a lot of research since receiving them and what I'm finding is a lot of information, and backed up testimonies, on their medicinal properties and how good they are for you. 

Young Living Essential Oils

In the bedroom, I have started spraying a solution of Valor and water under our beds and in closets.  It is supposed to promote courage and calmness, and it smells good.

Young Living Essential Oils

Valor is also referred to as the chiropractor in a bottle.  I have been using it to massage Bella, especially on her back legs as she's having some trouble with them because of her age.  I do mix it with olive oil and a little bit of peppermint oil too.  2 drops is all I am using so far, I don't want to overdo it, but she seems to enjoy it.

Young Living Essential Oils

One of the great things about Young Living Essential Oils, is this pamphlet which allows me a glance at some of the most common uses.

I can quickly find the oil I want to use and see the best way to go about doing it.

Young Living Essential Oils

I have made the Linen Spray as well.  I love linen spray and used to buy mine at the dollar store, the Lavender one, of course.  I made a bottle and it works just as well as the store bought.  Of course, I think it's even better in the sense that I can change up the scents and use different oils.

With Fall just around the corner and then Winter right behind it, I plan on really making use of all these oils to prevent and treat colds and flus.  One thing I will be making here shortly, will be the Shower Vapor Discs.  You can google it and there are quite a few websites with instructions.

As I said above, I have not even began to fully immerse myself in these oils or their numerous uses, but it is something that I am very passionate about.  I can honestly say that I don't know how I've lived all these years without these in my house, I feel like I've been missing out.

I plan on using them, I plan on getting more and I also plan on sharing with you what I do with them and how they work for me and my family.

Now, if you are thinking of getting some yourself, here are some tips:

1.Wholesale Membership includes
Wholesale Pricing: Save 24 percent off retail pricing on Young Living products, and save even more money with exclusive specials and promotions every month. No monthly commitment.

2.Wholesale Membership with Essential Rewards

Committing to 50 points value per month and receive the same benefits of Wholesale Membership along with earned value points for free products and discount shipping.

3. Retail Membership
Retail prices anytime you order, no monthly commitment and no discount shipping.

If you would like to order without any kind of membership, you can do so by visiting Marisa's website, which is where I will be getting mine.  Her number is 1154694, and you will need it as a sponsor number.

If you are considering a membership, whether wholesale, wholesale with essential rewards or even the retail membership, go here to Marisa's page, then click About Young Living on the left menu, and then on the right side of the page, click Member Sign Up. 

----- Right now, anyone who purchases a Premium Starter Kit, which is just like the one I received from Marisa, will receive the Primary Reference Guide as her gift.

----- Also, anyone who joins Wholesale with Essential Rewards will receive the Primary Reference Guide and your name will be entered into a drawing to win a 14.4 oz bottle of Concentrated Thieves Household Cleaner.  I have heard amazing things about it.

Whatever you decide to do, let me assure you that the minute you use your first essential oil, you will be changed for life.  I can't begin to tell you what it's done for me and my family.  For a while now I have wanted to steer clear of chemicals and store bought items, I want to create a home that is not only free of germs but calming and relaxing for us, and I think with the Young Living Essential Oils, I am well on my way to do that.

If you already use the Young Living Oils, let me know what you think, and feel free to leave some tips, advice, ideas on how you're using yours.

Thank you to Marisa Baca for this wonderful opportunity to try out, and review these wonderful oils.

29 comments:

Melonie said...

So glad you are enjoying the oils. I use a different brand, but have been using them for over a year now and absolutely love it. I make my own cleaning products, body care items, and do tons more with them. When we moved, I found a vet for Miss Violet who focuses on holistic animal care. During her first visit, a semi-emergency for a torn dew claw, I was applying some lavender (I use it a lot for calming when we're out and about in crowds or in stressful situations like that) and the tech walked in, saw my little vial and keychain, and said "Oh! Essential oils! The doctor will love that - she uses oils a LOT!"

Needless to say, we love our new vet too. LOL

Enjoy!

Naomi said...

I loved this review. I have seen Young Living around for a long time I just wish we had something comparable in the UK.
I use lavender and tea tree oils at the moment but I really want to be using more. Looking forward to future updates! :-) xx

Mari said...

Very interesting! I keep hearing about these oils, but never really understood them. I'm going to think about this!

Carol said...

Thieves is magical! It's my favorite EO.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Great post!

I've been using essential oils for years. I've even bought Pan Away from Young Living as it is great for relieving pain.

I have several books on essential oils, adding them to carrier oils and different recipes. They are great for all kinds of things, mentally, spiritually and physically.

Enjoy using these Sandra.

Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

Jen said...

We use a different brand but love essential oils. I have used them all over my son this summer. He got a bad case of poison ivy. I used lavender oil and peppermint oil mixed with a carrier oil. Using a cotton ball I dabbed it onto where he was broke out. Within minutes he said the itching was gone!

I also use lavender all over the house. I have a jar of old potpourri in many rooms. I place a few drops of essential oils onto the potpourri. I've also used them on my feet. I have nerve damage from when I broke my back. I rub some essential oil mixed with a carrier oil onto my feet before bed. It has really helped a lot!

Tasha said...

Great review! I will have to get give this an try

Amy said...

I have another friend that is with YL. I keep going back and looking at all of the info on their website. I really want to make this switch. Seems there is no better time :-)

Our neck of the woods said...

So excited you fell in love with YL essential oils. I'm available to answer any questions!

Anabela said...

As you know, we don't have those blends in SA :(, but I love EOs. My favourites are lavender (duh), rosemary and tea tree. For a headache, I mix five drops of lavender and five drops of peppermint in a cup of water. I dip a facecloth in it, wring it out and have a little lie down with the cloth over my forehead - it works really well.
Tea tree is my go-to remedy; for pimples, cold sores, ingrown toenails, and as a general household disinfectant.
I just wish we had more of a variety; for instance, birch oil is impossible to find.
That YL set sounds wonderful, keep on telling us about them, as you discover new uses.
xxx

Our Home Grown Adventures said...

I have wanted to try essential oils for so long now but I get overwhelmed and then I get put off!

Annie Lee said...

I was literally about to place an order yesterday, but had remembered you were going to do a review. I have PCOS and have heard great things about EO's helping. I was a little shocked at the price though, but since reading your review I may just have to bite the bullet.

Also the links to Marisa's pages aren't working for me? Not sure if it's just my computer? I would love to check her page out though!

Our neck of the woods said...

Annie Lee, not sure why the link is not working. Try this

https://www.youngliving.org/marisabaca

Judy said...

I get my essential oils from our daughter and just love them. With my husband so allergic to poison ivy the peppermint oil is a must in our house, it works great.

Katey said...

Hi Naomi I am not sure when this post was but we do have it in the UK. . . Whereabouts are you? A friend of mine brought them over and is now training a whole bunch of
us. Contact me katey_mills@yahoo.com and i.ll give you the info. X

Unknown said...

Hi Naomi . I also cant click the web address for Marisa. Please advise. Thank you

Unknown said...

Hi Naomi . I also cant click the web address for Marisa. Please advise. Thank you

Ash said...

We love Young Living at our house! Our daily oils: vetiver for mood stabilizer. Peppermint for headaches. Panaway for my husbands chronic back pain. Peppermint, lemon, & lavender on your toes for sinus relief! Thieves for almost any problem. Purification for bug repellent, takes the sting out of wasp or bee, its antimicrobial properties are amazing, lavender for just about everything. If you need oil but don't know which one to try and can't look it up, lavender. It's the swiss knife of oils. So happy you found them! Frankensense and lavender to make my daily lotion with coconut oil. It's amazing stuff! Best of luck in your oil journey. Do you know who your diamond is? The living it out upline is amazing!

rosesharon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Veronica Noah said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Copy and paste in the browser. ��

Unknown said...

Hello everybody don't just know the reason why some people is finding it difficult to believe that there is a cure for herpes, i have been suffering from herpes since last three years with my boyfriend but today I am happy that am cure from it with the natural herbs cure of Dr.ODUWA the great healer I was browsing the internet searching for help when i came across a testimony shared by someone on how Dr.ODUWA cure his herpes i was so much in need of getting his treatment but after all Dr.ODUWA brought a smile to my face with his natural herbs cure. i am so much happy today that we have someone like this great healer out there, and i know many people are out there looking for cure, why don’t you kindly contact this great healer on his email address: dr.oduwaspellhome@gmail.com please Dr.ODUWA keep your good work cause there are people out there who is in need of your healing medicine. Once more contact him now: dr.oduwaspellhome@gmail.com you can also add him on whatsapp on +2348070685053

smith Morgan said...

HOW I GOT CURED OF HERPES DISEASE
I'm here to testify about what DR. OSO did for me. I have been suffering from (HERPES) disease for the past 5 years and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year,I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.This disease started circulating all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago i came across a testimony of one lady on the internet testifying about a Man called DR. OSO on how he cured her from herpes disease. And she also gave the email address of this man and advise anybody to contact him for help for any kind of sickness that he would be of help, so I emailed him telling him about my (HERPES) he told me not to worry that i was going to be cured!! Well i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me as DR. OSO assured me that i will be cured,after some time i went to my doctor to confirmed if i have be finally healed behold it was TRUE, the test came out negative. So friends my advise is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can contact DR. OSO for help via email}
drosohaberhome@gmail.com/ CALL/WHATAPPS +2348162084839. you can contact me for more info smithmorgan2777@gmail.com...

gorege vanisa said...

Am Gorege vanisa by name, i was diagnosed with Herpes for 7 years i lived in pain with the knowledge that i wasn’t going to ever be well again i contacted so many herbal doctors on this issue and wasted a large sum of money but my condition never got better i was determined to get my life back so one day i saw mr josha post on how Dr abaka saved him from the VIRUS with his herbal medicine i contacted Dr abaka on his email address drabakaspelltemple@gmail.com we spoke on the issue i told him all that i went through and he told me not to worry that everything will be fine again so he prepared the medicine and send it to me through courier service and told me how to use it,after 14 days of usage I went to see the doctor for test ,then the result was negative,am the happiest man on earth now. this testimony is real.thanks to Dr abaka God bless you. you can also reach him on his number +2349063230051.

sarah gomez said...

Having herpes is not the end of life there are treatment to get rid of Genital herpes with traditional herbs from Dr Sakura.
I was positive to this infection (HERPES) and i lost hope because i
was out cast and rejected even by my closet friends.
i searched on-line to know and enquirer about cure for HERPES and i got a
testimony posted by Dr Sakura patient on how she was cured from HSV-2 so i decided to contact
the same herbalist Dr SAKURA because i know that nature has the power
to heal everything.
i contacted him to know how he can help me and he told me never to worry
that he will help me with the natural herbs created by God Almight!
after 2 days of contacting him, he told me that the cure has been prepare and
he will send it to me via (FedEx Delivery service)and it got to me after 3 days!
i used the medicine as he instructed me (MORNING and EVENING) and i was
cured!
its really like a dream but i am so happy now!
that's the reason i decided to also add more comment of Him so that more can
be saved just like me!
and if you need his help, you can email him on Drsakuraspellalter@gmail.com
or whats-app +2348110114739
I'm Sarah Gomez and you can get in touch with me via mail or whatsapp sarahgomez266@gmail.com +14378000562

Becky Lynch said...

I can’t believe this is really true I never believe there is cure to this hsv 2 because all the hospital have told me there is no cure to it, few months ago I saw this man email DR.Ohunyom on internet from a testimony share by someone who he help with his herbal cure I contact his email and ask for his help also, that is how he inform me about the cure process and this man sent me a herbal medicine which I took according to the way he instructed for 2 week I can’t believe when I go for test my result come out negative i am so happy to share this to the world there is real cure to herpes you can also contact DR.Ohunyom through his email now drohunyom@gmail.com and also WhatsApp him +2349060579973 and He also have herbs medicine to cured the following diseases;
Diabetes, Lupus, HPV, Gout, Hepatitis A,B, Infertility, HIV/AIDS, CANCER

joy nelson said...

I never thought i would be herpes negative again after been diagnosed for 4 years, i have tried everything possible in life from one medical doctor to another, one hospital to another, series of tests, different kinds of medication, i had already lost hope until i meet Great Dr.okosun online testimonies, a specialist in herbal medication from Africa, i contacted him through his email and number i got from one of the many testifiers,
 and he prepared herpes herbal medication for me which i took for weeks and now i am completely cured. i have went to different hospital for check up to be totally sure, and all my reports are negative. i want to use this medium to express my gratitude to him for saving my life and curing me from herpes virus, for taking away all my pains and sorrows, I''m indeed grateful and i am so happy I''m now herpes negative. i will continue to tell the good news of your great works to everyone, if you have herpes virus or other disease contact him now via: drokosun55@gmail.com or whatsapp +2348124363791 thank you all and god bless you

anna lucas said...

Hello viewer’s
I don’t have much to say there are so may scammers going on online so we cant detect the real herbal medicine doctors. Thank GOD for leading me, please don’t ignore this post is real Dr Emmanuel, is a real herbal Doctor, he cured me from Herpes virus, i am living so happy and free , i was fully recovered within 4 weeks of usage of dr Emmanuel herbal medicine ,please viewers out there that have any deadly disease don't fail to contact him via his email; nativehealthclinic@gmail.com or WhatsApp/Call: +2348140073965  thanks once again to dr Emmanuel GOD bless you abundantly  
he also cured HIV/AIDS,CANCER,GENITAL WART,COPD,BRAIN TUMOR

patrick james said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.