Thursday, August 21, 2014

A Day in my life!

Hello everyone, as promised yesterday I took pictures throughout my day, just to show you what I did.

As a homemaker it's never very exciting, but it's chores that need doing and I choose to go about them in a happy manner, rather than annoyed because they're so repetitive.  Oh I do have my days, you know the ones where you finish putting away all the clean dishes only to see the sink full yet again?

Or you mop and then the kids or the dogs proceed to walk all through the floor with muddy prints, or you just emptied the laundry basket and return to find it half full.

Those are the real tests for me.

Anyway, like I said, I thought today I would bring you with me as I went about my homemaking tasks.

7am......the sun is rising

Sunrise

8am.....sitting down with my cup of coffee and preparing to get my Slow Cooking Thursday post up on the blog
Early morning coffee

9am......emptying the dishwasher and putting the clean dishes away

Kitchen cleaning

Before refilling the washer, I gave it a really good clean, including removing the filter basket and soaking it in bleach for a while

Cleaning Dishwasher

9:30am..... had some breakfast, refilled the coffee cup and enjoyed some toast with butter and tomato jam

Breakfast

10am.....time to make the bed and tidy the bedroom.  I then moved on to Nic's bedroom and made his bed and picked up his toys, threw his dirty clothes in the hamper and opened the blinds, curtains and windows.

Bed making

11am......started some rice pudding.  It cooks for an hour so I did some laundry, finished cleaning the dishwasher and refilled it.

Kitchen time

12pm.....the rice pudding is all done, and divided into little pyrex dishes.  I put these in the fridge, it is easier to grab as a snack or a treat.

Rice Pudding

1pm......started the dough for the meat Rissoles I made for tonight's dinner.  It is such a long preparation that I don't make them too often.  I did have leftover pot roast from the other night, so it was the perfect way to use that up and not waste.

Rissois

It took me until about 3:30pm to get all the dough rolled out, cut, filled and dipped in egg and breadcrumbs.  It yields quite a lot, I ended up with 32 rissoles.

I put them in the fridge until ready to fry.  Then I got to sit on the couch with my kids and chat a bit, we all ended up turning on the tv and watching old cartoons, it was so much fun.

Chalkboard above stove

6pm......dinner done, dishes washed, kitchen cleaned and everyone is starting to relax.   The kiddos are on the couch on their laptops. 

As the sun starts to set

It really is one of my favorite times of the day.  The sun starts to set and the lamps come on giving the living room a cozy and warm feeling.

Evening treat

7:30pm......finally sitting down for the day.  I've taken my shower, I'm in my pajamas and now I get to enjoy my rice pudding and a good book.


I think it's the best way to end the day don't you?

Tomorrow, back at it, more cleaning, more laundry, more dishes and more homemaking. 

I am also going to start up the Friday Show and Tell posts again.  Back in 2007, Kelli used to do this feature but then she stopped, and since then she really hasn't blogged much either.  I did love this Friday link up, we got to share some of our favorite things around the house as well as tell the story of how they came to be.

Are you up for it?  Do you have something you love and want to show off?  You can come back tomorrow and link up with me if you wish, I would love to see your treasures :)

Well I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my day, I'm sure a lot of you can relate to these pictures, after all,  as homemakers our days are very alike.

Wishing you all a restful night's sleep and sending blessings your way.





9 comments:

Melissa Hopper said...

Lovely pictures!! also cute coffee mug. What is with mustaches? I see them everywhere but not sure what the symbol means.

Mari said...

I enjoyed following along on your day. I've been doing something similar on the 1st of every month. You had a busy, productive and fun day!

Tasha said...

i loved your todays post! and i cant wait til tomorrow cause i will link up to show an tell :)

Anna said...

You think your days sound boring .....I think mine are even more boring. LOL! Working away from home for about 14 hours then coming home ready for bed. :-) I love how we each have different perspectives on life. God is just so creative!

Amy at love made my home said...

I don't think that your day was boring, you certainly got a lot done and it was nice for you I am sure to stop and think about all that you achieved. I look forward to your Friday posts. xx

Wendi said...

Looks like you had a great day!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Your day is very similar to mine, although yesterday, I spent several hours picking tomatoes. I was too tired to read at bedtime, but got some crocheting done. I did read a book on the treadmill, and my 15 year-old helped with preparing dinner.

Unknown said...

Sandra,
Your day was wonderful! My days are often like yours during the summer. Once school starts my routine gets a bit jumbled up, but we get used to it once again.
Beijinhos,
Lucy

Unknown said...

Oh, and I enjoyed seeing your rice pudding, maybe I'll make some this week too. Haven't had it in a while!