Thursday, August 07, 2014

{ Cooking Thursday - 08/07/2014 ]

cookingthursday
 
Good morning ladies, it's time for another Cooking Thursday.  I have a very simple recipe for you all today.

Speaking of Cooking Thursday, I think that when Fall comes around, I'll be switching to Slow Cooking Thursday.  I've decided that for my fall menus, I'm going to cook everything from my Slow Cooking Thursday list, which is a compilation of recipes provided by my blog readers from the very first day.   Can't wait.

Alright, let's get on with it.


Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
Adapted from:  Kraft.com


7 medium potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
1 container (16 oz.) BREAKSTONE'S FREE or KNUDSEN Fat Free Sour Cream
Salt and pepper to taste
Chili flakes to taste
Shredded Mexican Blend cheese
1/2 lb. Black forest ham (I just tore it into small bite size pieces)
Buttermilk
 

HEAT oven to 350°F.

COOK potatoes in boiling water in large saucepan 10 to 12 min. or just until potatoes are tender; drain. In a big bowl, mix together the potatoes, sour cream, salt and pepper.

PLACE the potato mixture in a greased baking dish, layer the ham on top, the follow up with a layer of shredded cheese.  End with buttermilk, I just poured some over the top to make it a little creamier and not so dry.

BAKE 30 min. or until heated through.

1 comment:

Mari said...

My hubby loves these.I never used Mexican cheese in them though. Sounds good!