Monday, August 04, 2014

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 08/04/2014 }

Good morning ladies, hope you all had a restful night's sleep.  Me???  Well, it's 6am and I'm up and on the couch.

Haven't been getting very good sleep lately, for one, I think my mattress needs to be replaced as I wake up every morning very sore on my rib area, to the point where it hurts to lay on it.  Also, our Miss Bella is getting very old, and she hasn't been allowing us much sleep, she seems to have developed the 3am crazies and goes nuts at that time of the night.  Ugh!!!

Anyway, I have my coffee, I have a warm crochet blanket and I'm ready to get going, so let's get on with our Happy Homemaker Monday!!!  


www.familycorner.blogspot.com

Breakfast time....what is on the plate this morning::::
At the moment, just plain coffee, it is too early for me to even think of eating anything.  Here in about an hour I will probably have toast, or some oatmeal.


On today's to do list::::
  1. Laundry - Wash the bed linens, iron one load, put away
  2. Buy a gift for a friend's birthday
  3. BX - Ink for the printer
  4. Base Post Office - Mail off gift, package to South Africa and a book that was requested from Paperbackswap
  5. Sweep and mop floors
  6. Bathroom cleaning
  7. Check schooling lessons, make some plans in preparation for the first day which is the 25th
  8. Take Jasmine to Tae Kwon Do tonight

Currently reading::::
The Glass Kitchen by Linda Francis Lee.  I think it's going to be a good book, I'm already enjoying it and I'm just a few pages in.


On the TV today::::
Portuguese Soaps - Beijo do Escorpiao, Mulheres
Coal House at War - After Coal house, came Coal House at War.


The weather outside is::::
Cloudy.  We've had some rain and it looks like more is on the way, which I am happy with because it cools us down a lot.  I'm ready to stop being hot so my husband can quit turning on the AC.



On the menu this week::::
Monday - Potato and Cheese Pierogies, Salad
Tuesday - Rissois de Carne (Meat Rissoles), Fries
Wednesday - Chicken Stew, Biscuits, Veggies
Thursday - Swedish Meatballs, Mashed Potatoes
Friday -  Oklahoma Fried Burgers, Fries
Saturday - Beef and Corn Noodle Casserole, Broccoli
Sunday - My Birthday (Out to dinner)


If I have a few minutes to myself, I will::::
Not sure today, but I will probably do some more blog reading


New recipe I tried, or want to try this week::::
Made some Homemade Quesaritos, a lighter version using wholewheat tortillas, ground turkey and cilantro lime rice.  They were a hit.


In the garden::::
Everything is doing well, my newly planted Basil is thriving.  The only other new thing are the roses that I'm trying to propagate.  Fingers crossed on those.   


Favorite photo from the camera::::
Roses and Crochet....what better combination?



Homemaking Tip::::
To remove mildew on white fabrics - soak several hours in a wash tub with 1/2 vinegar and 1/4 cup bleach. You can also put lemon juice on a stain and set in sun to remove light stains on white clothing.


Visiting with Blog friends (blog you want to share, blog post that caught your eye)::::
I have been reading my blog from the archives, and with it I have found so many wonderful old posts, but also enjoy reading the comments and reconnecting with old blog friends.  I have a found a few that are still around and still blogging to this day, like Kat, Michelle and Julie, and some old favorite blogs that I had lost along the way, like Aiken House & Gardens (if you love Anne of Green Gables you will love this blog as the author lives in Prince Edward Island).

I'll be looking for more today and hoping to find them still around, if anything so I can see how they are doing, I've often wondered how everyone is and what they're up to.


Praying for::::
My dad and stepmother, for peace in their hearts
My sister in law, she still struggles with missing home and that is normal, it will take a while to get used to being here and not in South Africa
My brother who works so hard and so many hours
My husband as he takes his final exams this week for his Bachelor's Degree


Bible Verse, Devotional that is resonating with me at the moment::::


PLEASE, don't add links to this list that are not part of the Happy Homemaker Monday. I've asked numerous times, and I'm frankly quite tired of having to remove links to other posts that shouldn't be in this list. Please be respectful of my request!

13 comments:

Carolyn said...

Hi Sandra,
I love your rose and crochet photo..such pretty colors!

Thank you for your visit and kind words today.

Hope you have a lovely week.
Carolyn

~Carla~ said...

I was so happy to see this up bright & early! I love joining in!! :) I hope you have a fabulous week! I don't suppose you know how to get Acrylic paint off of clothing do you? Our homestay girl got paint all over her dress last night and my stain remover is NOT doing the trick... :(

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Sandra ~ Good morning! Sounds like you have a good day going there. I hope to have a few minutes to join with you later today, after school! Have a happy Monday!

Christy said...

Hope you enjoy the last of your summer. I recommend days of sitting in the yard reading library books! Love your photo. Have a great week!

threesidesofcrazy said...

Good morning my friend. I hope you have a great week.

As I merge my blogs I'm doing the same thing looking for old blog buddies and verifying that links to other things are still valid. It's difficult to see old favorites fade away.

Dawn Marie said...

Enjoyed reading and participating in another HHM. Thanks for allowing me to join in. Hope you and your family have a great week.

Heart2Heart said...

Sandra!

Love stopping by here, you know why, after reading your posts, I automatically feel a sense of peace and tranquility. There is such love and warmth to be found here. Like you this morning, after drinking my liquid sanity (aka coffee), reading my Bible and morning devotions, I found myself returning to my blogging roots and happened upon you this morning. Thank you for blessing me in so many ways and hope we can continue to encourage one another and keep blogging going.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Our Home Grown Adventures said...

I can't eat that early in the morning either! Good luck to your husband in his exams :)

Our neck of the woods said...

Praying for your husband~
Try diffusing an oil for you and the dog. Panaway on your ribs to help with the soreness till you figure out if its your mattress. Be well!

Conny said...

Boo, I missed HHM today ... no time!! We had a ceremony thing to attend this morning which included lunch and then I cleaned out the garage. EEK! Still working on that!! The last of the boxes are being unpacked and resorted and probably will be put away into storage in the garage attic.
Anyway, always a joy to read your HHM ... prayers for you and yours.

Unknown said...

Sandra I just love reading your blog normally tyhius is my morning routine coffee and blog reading...today is as bit late just got settled down for the evening.....I have started a new blog and will post to it soon....
Love the v stitch crochet I you tubed it and will be making a baby blanket....seems easy..... Love the colors you have picked.... Blessings to you and family.....hope sister in law can settle in soon..it is hard to up and restart.. We tried it a few years, I was so sad and home sick we had to come back...some can do it and some can't..... I hope she adjust soon.....
Hugsd
Rhonda dsy

Liz said...

Your rose and crochet photo is amazing!!!
Your menu sounds so good. We've been so busy it's been fast food for the last week or so. I'm ready to get back to delicious home cooking.
Have a wonderful week.

Naomi said...

I missed HHM this week :( Long day out for us yesterday. But I do so love checking in with your posts. Especially now you blog every day again, (I don't know how you do it!) but it means I have even more loveliness to read through :)
Your homemaking inspires me so much, I'm trying to find more joy in my own :)

Your roses are just stunning by the way :)
I hope you are enjoying your week xxxxx