Friday, August 08, 2014

{ Think I'm ready for bed..... }

http://textimages.us/night04.htm

It's just a little past 9 PM and I could just go to bed.  It hasn't been a long day, or tiring day, matter of fact it's been a pretty laid back one, but there is the sound of thunder outside, and cloudy and yet more rain coming down.

Perfect weather for sleeping right?

Anyone else love laying in bed when it's storming outside?  Oh I love it, I think it's when I sleep best, actually.

So how has your Friday been, I sure hope it was a good one.  Can you believe it's already Saturday tomorrow, the weeks just keep flying by.

I am going to have quite a busy weekend.  Tomorrow morning I have a hair appointment and am also getting a manicure.  My wonderful sister in law surprised me with an early birthday present and I couldn't be more excited.  We're girls, obviously, and as girls you know that a gift of a haircut and mani is like right up there with one of the best gifts EVER.

So I have that at 10am, then I have to come home, and at 2pm I'm going with my sister in law to a Scentsy party.  I can't afford to buy anything, but we will have fun nonetheless.

Then later tomorrow night, my hubby and I, brother and sister in law, are going out for drinks, kind of an early birthday celebration for me.

Sunday my hubby and kids are taking me to Boise for the day, again, not like we have money, but hey, it's always nice to go for a drive and the mall.  We're great sightseers and store window shoppers....of course we love spending time together too, so it will be fun. 

My brother, sister in law and niece and nephew will meet us later for dinner, and then it will be back to my house for some cake and coffee.  Yes, I'm thinking it's going to be quite a busy weekend for me and by the time my head hits the pillow on Sunday night, I will have a huge smile on my face and wonderful memories.

Do you have anything fun planned for this weekend?

I didn't get many pictures taken of my day today, like I said, I didn't do anything big.  Curt and I worked in the garage for a little but that was about it.

Morning light

The sunrise was so pretty this morning, I just had to take this photo of the morning light hitting the chair.

Reading with Lola

I have gotten used to being up at 6:30 am, for no other reason than I like some quiet time before the whole house stirs awake.  It gives me a moment to think about what I have planned for the day, talk to God and get a little reading in while enjoying my cup of coffee.

Of course Miss Lola is right there next to me.  She is so funny, she comes downstairs every morning, but not when I do, she stays in bed for about 10 minutes, then she runs down, into the kitchen and sits near the counter that holds their treat jar.

I give her a treat, then let her outside to potty, and then she runs back in and waits for another LOL

Once that is done, she'll wait for me and then as soon as I sit down on the couch, she jumps up and snuggles right up next to me.  I love her :)

Book

One of the books I picked up at the library yesterday, was The Queen of Subleties, about Anne Boleyn, and oh my goodness, you know those books where you start reading and right on the first page you're hooked because the author has a way of writing that just flows???

I don't know if you understand what I'm trying to say.  Like, sometimes I try to read a book but the wording and the way it is written is not fluid, it just takes everything out of me to read one page.  Then there are others where they write as if they are talking, so easily and it is a joy to read.

That is how this book is.  Of course, throw in the fact that it's about Anne Boleyn and the Tudors and all that stuff I adore, and I have myself a really good book.

And speaking of which, I am going to go read some more, probably in my nice comfy bed.

Good night and God Bless,
Sandra
xoxoxo

6 comments:

Felicia said...

We got a bit of rain earlier today. It's the first time in years I've heard rain fall on a trailer home's roof. There is no sound like it in the world. I'd give anything for it to storm tonight.

We are spending the weekend at my G-Pa's visiting. I don't get out here as much as I'd like and I want the girls to both know their great grandpa.

Happy early birthday!

And I totally get the feeling you are talking about with the books.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

It has been a good day of tackling Mt. Washmore and making coleslaw and such and lots of stitching time too. Blessing!

Tasha said...

Happy early birthday an i hope you have awesome one too.and a fun weekend! its been raining and thundering here too so its been a liad back day here until hubby came home from work lol

Helena Dias said...

Happy early birthday. Parabens e muitas felicidades.

Unknown said...

Yes, I love getting in bed when its raining. Its so comforting! Your weekend sounds wonderful. Have a great time! :)

lian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.