Monday, June 12, 2017

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 06/12/2017 }

It's Monday, the beginning of another week.

I hope you've all had a wonderful weekend.  Mine was pretty good, didn't do much but a bit of running around with the hubby and daughter, and a quick visit over to my brother and sister in law's house.   I would have liked to have spent a bit more time on my housecleaning, but, that is ok, I'll get to it today and the rest of the week :)

Alright, let's get going shall we? 



The weather:::
Nice and warm, though last week Friday we had a crazy storm come out of nowhere.  It doesn't look like we will get any kind of rain this coming week, and that's ok with me because my yards need mowing but we're waiting for our mower to come in.
 



Right now I am:::

Working on this blog post, also watching some Vlogs on Youtube.


On my reading pile:::
Just finished Sweet Tea Tuesdays and actually have the review ready to go today, so if you're interested check back this afternoon.  I'm now going to start with Monticello.




Movies or Shows I watched this weekend:::

Been binge watching the new Orange is the New Black.  I LOVE that show, I know it's a bit raunchy and yes, there are things on there I really don't care much to watch, but for the most part, I enjoy the story line itself.


On my TV:::
General Hospital
Dr Phil (if it's a new one)
The White Princess
Jamestown
Orange is the New Black (last episodes)


On the menu for this week:::

Monday
Roast Chicken, Roast Potatoes, Gravy, Salad 
Tuesday
Cottage Pie, Veggies    
Wednesday
Beef Curry, Rice
Thursday
Chicken Wellington, Garlic Mashed Potatoes  
Friday 
Meatloaf, Butter Potatoes, Broccoli   
Saturday
Darn Yummy Pasta 
Sunday
Honey Lime Pork Chops, Garlic Black Beans and Rice
 

On my to do list:::
Laundry......One load of crochet doilies to wash, one load of bed sheets to wash
Living rooms.... vacuum, carpet clean, dust
Kitchen..... breakfast dishes, unload and reload dishwasher, tidy up
Blog..... Continue on with the blog to book.  Just finished 2008 last night, moving on to 2009.  Also just ordered my 2007, can't wait to get it.
Post office....  mail off my mother in law's blog book



What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Still haven't finished Part 3 of the Atlanticus.  I was so lightheaded and dizzy last week that I couldn't really crochet, so set it aside.  I'll get back to it eventually.  This week I'm working on Jasmine's Cosplay items. 

BTW, Pamela asked what exactly is Cosplay.  Cosplay is dressing up in different movie, game or comic book characters and attending Comic Conventions etc.  She loves it and has been doing it for a few years.


Looking around the house:::

Needs some TLC for sure.  I didn't really get any housework done this weekend and as usual, after two days of everyone home and just hanging around, the poor house needs help. 


From the camera:::
This one is from 2008 as well.  I love it.  It was taken during our hike to the White Tank Mountains in Arizona.


What I'm wearing today:::
In my nightie at the moment, but will be wearing shorts and a tank top soon. 
  

One of my simple pleasures:::
Lighting one of my candles and just enjoying the scent and cozy glow.


Inspirational Quote, Bible verse, anything you want to share:::
Just pulled out my Grace for Each Day book.  I bought it a while back when it was on sale at the book store, but hadn't yet gotten around to starting it.  I'm starting it today and going to stick to it, it's 365 days of Devotions and Prayers.  Here's today's prayer.....

Dear God, the Bible contains many promises.  Let me trust Your promises, and let me live according to Your Holy Word, not just for today, but forever.  Amen

5 comments:

threesidesofcrazy said...

I LOVE your idea for the devotionals section. Your menu sounds yummy this week too. Sounds like we have a pretty similar week ahead of us - make it a good one.

Jodi said...

Your menu sounds yummy!!! Love the quote!! have a great week!!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

I hope it stays nice and dry so you can get your yardwork done. ;) Those blog books are so awesome! What treasures they will be for your family for many years to come.

Blessings on your week ahead Sandra! xoxo

Simply Quaint said...

How exciting you're getting a riding mower, yes push mowing is great exercise but 3 acres is a bit much, we have a bit over a acre and two riding mowers, when we bought the house it came with a zero turn and we had a cub cadet mower just kept both......love your menu sounds yummy, it's so hot here and no central air we are grilling, eating salads and lots of fruits.......I love the blog books you're doing what a great memory keeper......

Have a blessed day

Rhonda

Jean said...

Hope you are feeling better today. I love the idea of your blog books! It must be so much fun going back and looking at all the pictures and posts.