Tuesday, July 20, 2010

{ Therapeutic }

2010_07190047

I've had a lot going on the past few days, not just with housework and the craziness of the last few weeks before school starts again, but I've got a husband with a cold, a little one with swimmer's ear and now it seems that my dear husband has passed his cold to me.

I haven't been feeling too well the past two days, but one thing that always makes me feel better is crocheting.

There's something very relaxing, very therapeutic about the colorful yarns, the way the yarn transforms from one single line into something beautiful.

When I'm feeling down or sick, one of the blogs I always turn to for a smile and inspiration, is Lucy at Attic24, she's so inspiring and I know that I can always find a new project to try.

2010_07200006


Yesterday I received some new yarn in the mail and I knew exactly what I wanted to make with it.

Granny Stripes, it's just Lucy's twist on the old favorite Granny Squares.

The first two rows are nerve wrecking, counting all the stitches making sure everything is right until you get to the end of the row, then hope and pray you don't have to rip it all apart and restart, but once those two are done, it's smooth sailing.

It whips up really fast and after 2 hours of crochet last night and one this afternoon, this is the end product.

I love it.

2010_07200005

And now, I'm working on a Granny Stripe blanket, just using up leftover yarn from my stash, but I'm thinking here soon I'm going to buy a bunch more in pretty colors for another one.

I want one like Lucy's

IMG_8499

Well my head is pounding so I'm off to work on a few more rows.

No comments: