Monday, July 12, 2010

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - July 12 }



The weather in my neck of the woods:
Quite windy this morning, few clouds in the sky. We're supposed to hit the 113's again this week, but should get some rain this coming weekend, thank goodness.


Things that make me happy:
Being a homemaker


Book I'm reading:
Mr Darcy's Daughters


What I'm enjoying on TV:
The Gates
Pretty Little Liars
The Cazalets


On the menu for dinner:
No clue yet, with the family here I didn't really stick to menus and now I just have a bunch of meats in the freezer and no plan at all. I am freaking out I tell you, I'm NOT used to this "flying by the seat of my pants" cooking.


On my To Do List:
Sweep and mop the floors
Iron and put away laundry


New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Nothing new, but I did post two recipes on the food blog. Beef with Noodles and Pizza Cheese Breadsticks.


In the craft basket:
Folk Dolls


Looking forward to this week:
Payday LOL Thursday can't come fast enough for me.


Tips and Tricks:
If you are suffering with a stuffy nose, try boiling a bit of sage in water. It helps clear your nose and makes the house smell great too.


My favorite blog post this week:
I'm just now getting back to my blog reading so I don't have a specific post yet, I'm sure by next week I will.


Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
Like I said, just now getting back, no newly discovered ones yet.


No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):

2010_07090020


Lesson learned the past few days:

Align CenterThat no matter how much you tell yourself not to cry when saying goodbye, you ALWAYS do. Makes me wonder why people (myself included) are so eager to hide emotion, shouldn't we just let it go and cry when we want to? Would save me lots of headaches, that's for sure.


On my mind:
School starting in 3 weeks, this summer has flown by.


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God and receive from him anything we ask, because we obey his commands and do what pleases him.
1 John 3:21-22

2 comments:

Mary said...

Very cool picture! :)

GranthamLynn said...

Great post. I looked at the breadsticks earlier they look great. I know what you mean about organization. Makes me a little crazy when things are lined out. Word to the wise...try to not let your kids see that. My daughter has grown up to be the same way. LOL!
I love your new look Oh and I love your photo. It is great! I love our Mondays together,
Sherry