Tuesday, July 22, 2014

{ Color, Color and more Color }

I love color!

Pops of color show up through my house.  I tend to keep things kind of neutral but then bring in lots of color with accessories, and the fun part about that, is that I can change it up anytime I like.

I thought today I would show you pops of colors around my house.  I'm almost done with my kitchen and having everything just right, but I still have to give the yellow bench a second coat.

_MG_5676
_MG_5680

I'm not going for perfect either, I love the look of used, old furniture with notches here and there and bare spots too.

Nevertheless, come with me and let me show you what is around me.

_MG_5683

The most beautiful of blues, oh I love it so.....but I also am smitten with this minty green.

_MG_5685

This is the bench that is not quite yet done, it still requires a whole other coat, but my word, how beautiful is that bright yellow?

_MG_5686

And here is mama's chair, pink and pretty, and girly and me.

_MG_5688

When they are all done, I will take a photo of the chairs with the table, the white table itself is a work in progress, it is almost finished but not quite, still needs some coats here and there.

I can't tell you just how beautiful my kitchen is starting to look.  I finally have my table and chairs looking like I wanted them to, soft and pretty and so reminiscent of Cath Kidston, which is what I'm actually going for.

_MG_5701

This basket sits in the corner of the dining room and holds some of my tablecloths, placemats and crocheted goodies. I could never find enough room for all my stuff and today it finally clicked in my head.....all the baskets I have laying around, one in that corner would be just what I needed. Really liking it there.

_MG_5704

I am going for a soft looking kitchen and I think I'm getting there.

_MG_5692

Since we're on the subject of color, I wanted to show you what I'm finishing up today. This Hexagon Cushion is almost done, I am now just joining it all together and then tomorrow I need to run to Walmart and find a pillow insert.

_MG_5695

I kept the front and the back the same, crocheting two of each hexagon, but the placement is different from one to the other...the joining method is also different as you can see.  One side is raised, the other not.

Tonight I'm making half hexagons to fill in the edges and then plan on joining everything and leaving just one end open to insert the pillow, once done I will close it up and then do an edging all the way around. 

It is so much fun to crochet with all these different colors. 

Also wanted to quickly show you the book I received to review.  I've already flipped through it and it has some mighty delicious recipes.  I can't wait to make the Irish Soda Bread, the Shepherd's Pie, the Fruit Loaf and other yummy things.

Oh and speaking of yummy things, I posted the two recipes to my blog, the one for the Bread Machine yeast rolls and the Crockpot Beef Stroganoff.  Hope you enjoy :)

Alrighty, I have crochet waiting for me and a hot cup of green tea. 

Good night friends :)

15 comments:

threesidesofcrazy said...

Love the "pops" of color. I always do white and cream walls and then use the color to decorate which also makes it easy to "re-decorate" at the drop of a hat.

Wendi said...

Love the table! It makes your room look light and airy.

Anna said...

If your basket of placemats and tablecloths were in my house it would also have a cat or two snoozing in it. Love the chairs, can't wait to see the whole thing.

Felicia said...

I distinctly note the lack of a book in this blog post. ;) Tease. Irish Soda bread is a real weakness of mine or I would have never noticed.

I love the yellow bench! And all the crocheted pillows and such make me so silly happy.

Conny said...

LOVE the dining room set!!! Can't wait to see it all completed. You make me want to go paint furniture!!! LOL

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Your colors are oh so lovely. Your pops of color are cheerful, homey and just make one feel good.

I had an idea looking at your basket. You could raise it off the floor by putting it on a small painted stool. Just a thought. :-)

I can't wait to see your different rooms in photos. I already like your dining set. Very nice.

Have a GREAT day ~ FlowerLady

Amber said...

I LOVE your pops of color! Very pretty!

Christy said...

Oh, I love your kitchen chairs! Cannot wait to see the finished set. You are such an inspiration.

Rachel said...

Your pops of color are gorgeous! Can't wait to see the completed kitchen set.

Amy said...

Love, love, love all the color!!!!

cathie3914 said...

LOVE!!
So cozy and just the look I'd imagine for your kitchen!

Theresa said...

Even though I am a primitive girl through and through, I love the colours you used. So pretty!

Carol said...

Very pretty!

Lulu said...

ilove those colors..the sunny yellow bench is soooo pretty..

Mahek said...

LOVE LOVE THE COLOURS.. the pictures too look so good with it...