Thursday, July 17, 2014

{ Cooking Thursday }

It feels so good to revive old blog favorites, like my Thursday cooking feature.

For those of you that don't know, I actually started a Slow Cooking Thursday feature many years ago, and for a long time it did extremely well, then it sort of dwindled away.  At that point I decided to change it a little and make it a general Cooking Thursday, figuring that it may be better for sharing recipes since it opened it up to all sorts of recipes and not just the slow cooking kind.

It did ok for a while, but then went sort of the same way.

Anyway, to make a long story short.  I'm reviving the Cooking Thursday again, I always have recipes to share.  Way back in the day, I used to think that the measure of a good blog was about how many comments a person would get on a single post.  I've since learned that is so far from the truth.  What really matters is whether the blog author is enjoying what she is doing, and I am,  so whether I get a lot of participation on Cooking Thursdays or not, it doesn't matter, it will continue to be posted.

Here's the new little button I created.  I think I have far too much fun with these.  :)


For today's recipe, I picked this yummy Cinnamon Roll Cake, and it does really taste like a cinnamon roll.  It is perfect with a cup of coffee.


Cinnamon Roll Cake
Cinnamon Roll Cake

Cake:
3 c. flour
1/4 tsp.salt
1 c. sugar
4 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 c. milk
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. butter, melted

Topping:
1 c. butter, softened
1 c. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. flour
1 Tbsp. cinnamon

Directions:
Mix everything together except for the butter. Slowly stir in the melted butter and pour into a greased 9×13 pan. For the topping, mix all the ingredients together until well combined. Drop evenly over the batter and swirl with a knife. Bake at 350 for 28-32 minutes.

Glaze:
2 c. powdered sugar
5 Tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla

While warm drizzle the glaze over the cake.

6 comments:

Mari said...

If you did the link I would join. I've continued to post a Cooking Thursday eery week. Glad to see your recipes again!

Carol said...

I would join in, too! But either way, I'm happy to see Cooking Thursday is back!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

I'm hoping to start a blog soon Sandra and I would join in then too. I've been debating for a time if I wanted to start one, but I have so many blogs I love and yours and Mari's are 2 of the main ones I check regularly and make me want to do one.

I think I was especially drawn to yours starting with the military connection as my brother is in the military and I have a special respect and love for families of military folks. ;)

Thanks for sharing your family and your wonderful cooking.

God bless!

Jen said...

I've joined along. You know me Sandra...I will follow you anywhere. {Wink}

If I had measured my blog success on how many comments I received I would have to write my blog off along time ago. I think that is one thing that has bothering me about social media lately. It has become a popularity contest. I'm not here to win votes..I am here to first serve the Lord then my family!

Have a great weekend.

Felicia said...

How funny. I used to do a Tasty Thursday but have stopped due to the craziness of life.

I love the recipes you post.

And omg this looks like it would be amazing. I think we are going to have it the first day back to school as a treat for the girls.

Karen said...

This looks so good, I can almost smell the aroma! I'll be making it this weekend as a special treat for my family. Love it when a recipe has ingredients that I already have on hand.