Thursday, July 24, 2014

{ Today }

:::BOUGHT

Hexagon Cushion

Couldn't find a pillow I wanted to use as an insert, so I just bought more Poly-Fil.  Not exactly my favorite way of doing these, but it will be fine.

:::LOVED

Spending some time with my husband this morning.  It doesn't happen all the time, he is always so busy with work and school, so the days we do get some time to just sit and chat, are very much appreciated.


:::CHANGED

My husband had started a project making a simple wooden box.  The project never came to fruition and he just doesn't have the time to do anything with it, so I took it, lined it, filled it with soil and planted Spinach and Lettuce.  I just started painting it red today, can't wait to see it finished.


:::WATCHED


Star Trek:  Deep Space Nine, The Strain, Dominion and Aliens on the Moon.  We've been trying to get rid of all the shows on the DVR.


:::STARTED

Bunting

The Bunting for my Kitchen.  Again, inspired by Cath Kidston and this fabric ties is my white kitchen table and colorful chairs.



:::FOUND


Lots and lots of fabric I had packed away.  Quite a few fabric rolls and fat quarters.  Guess what I'm starting tomorrow???  A quilt.


:::DECIDED


To stop saying tomorrow I'll do it......and to start saying "why not today". To live simply and fully and to enjoy every single moment of my day.

4 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

I absolutely love that pillow. I also put up my Homemaking Meme...finally...so sorry, I got busy and forgot. Thanks for including me. Have a great day!
http://www.dayinthelife2013.blogspot.com/2014/07/homemaking.html

Felicia said...

I love the finished pillow, the shape is so unique.

I got to spend some time with my husband today too, which has been rare lately do to his overly busy schedule.

Did you see Dominion tonight! I can't wait till next week.

Amy said...

Love the pillow!

Our neck of the woods said...

can't wait to see the bunting. Love the colors.