Monday, July 21, 2014

{ Rainy Monday }

Rain

Wonderful rain has been coming down today and I do love a rainy day.

Candles are lit, windows are slightly opened to enjoy the rainy aroma, and life seems to slow down.

Candlelight

It always seems to be a day for relaxing on the couch and either watching movies, or reading.

Rainy day relaxation

But that is all after the housework has been finished. It really is never ending, there are daily tasks that need to be done without fail and I choose to just get them done so that I can then enjoy the rest of my day.

Yummy breakfast....I'm a wheat toast and creamy homemade butter kinda gal.

Breakfast

Cath Kidston Surprise.....An interruption in breakfast to get the door, and this beauty was delivered.  I am so very happy, what a beautiful bag from Cath Kidston.  My husband surprised me with this gift, yes ladies, he is a keeper.

Cath Kidston Bag

Ironing.....again, me and the ironing.  I know some of you think I'm nuts, but I don't know, I just enjoy it and find it quite relaxing.

Ironing

Crockpot....dinner cooking away.  I love using my crockpot on rainy days, it gives me more time to sit down and not have to worry about dinner prep.

Crockpot Stroganoff

Pretty flowers.....another surprise from my husband.  He picked them up at Walmart the other day and thought that I would enjoy them.  He was right, I do like them, a lot.

Beautiful flowers

Oil Lamp.....I have this slight obsession with lamps and lanterns. If I could, I would have them all over my house.

Oil lamp

Relaxing and Crocheting.....an hour spent on the couch with my crochet hook in hand, working on a new cushion and enjoying the candle light.

Rainy day relaxation

Dinner....these delicious bread machine yeast rolls.  So many people shy away from fresh bread, but a  bread machine is your best friend when you want fresh yummy bread in a pinch.   (recipe will be up later)

Bread Machine Yeast Rolls

Paired with this comforting, filling crockpot beef stroganoff.  Will also have that recipe up later.

Crockpot Beef Stroganoff

Now, for some TV viewing news....in case you didn't know it, The Mill Season 2 just started this weekend. 

If you like Amish shows like I do, you may have watched Expecting Amish on the Lifetime Channel this past Saturday.  If you didn't, you can watch it online, and I do believe it will be shown again on the 26th of July.

I'm going to go enjoy the rest of the rainy day, and I think my husband and kids want to watch a movie, not sure which one.

Have a wonderful Monday night!!!

5 comments:

Mari said...

I love a rainy day - and night too!
Curt is definitely a keeper. Flowers and a bag? He knows you well!
Thanks for the link to the show. I enjoy Amish shows.

Sweet Tea said...

I love the fact that you know what you like. I'm all over the place with things that I like and I seem to change from month to month, and sometimes even from day to day which makes it difficult to really find my passion. I always enjoy your posts!

Sarah said...

I love the smell of rain too, especially after a dry spell. There's a name for it too - petrichor. Mmmm. I to be indoors with a cup of coffee listening to the rain outside. Lovely.

Felicia said...

Oil lamps are so much fun. My father started using them in an effort to cut down on the bill in the winter time a couple of years ago and now it's become an almost year round thing. I love snuggling up on his couch when we visit and visiting over the light from the lamps.

It's crazy how much heat they can produce!

Enjoy the rain!

Oh by the way the pink I use on my toes is Sinful Colors 24/7. Which is fitting because I wear it 24/7.

autumnesf said...

Sounds like the perfect day. And I love my lanterns - have them all over the house.