Thursday, July 24, 2014

{ Cooking Thursday }


 Yummy, easy dinner rolls.  I love using my bread machine and especially if I'm wanting some fresh bread for dinner but don't have time to be in the kitchen making the dough.

Give this recipe a try, I think you'll enjoy it :)


Bread Machine Yeast Rolls

Bread Machine Yeast Rolls
Source: Betty Crocker

1 cup water
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
1 egg
3 1/4 cups Gold Medal™ Better for Bread™ flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons bread machine or active dry yeast
Butter or margarine, melted, if desired


Measure carefully, placing all ingredients except melted butter in bread machine pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select Dough/Manual cycle. Do not use delay cycle.

Remove dough from pan, using lightly floured hands. Cover and let rest 10 minutes on lightly floured surface.
Grease large cookie sheet with shortening. Divide dough into 15 equal pieces. Shape each piece into a ball. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Cover and let rise in warm place 30 to 40 minutes or until double. (Dough is ready if indentation remains when touched.)

Heat oven to 375°F. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Brush tops with melted butter. Serve warm, or cool on wire rack.

6 comments:

Conny said...

YUMMY!! Sounds easy ... I love yeasty rolls!!
Thanks!

Mari said...

I pinned this one - sounds great!

Carol said...

Yum! Nothing like fresh rolls!

Felicia said...

This sounds good! Mom just found me a bread maker at a garage sale a few weeks ago and I haven't had the chance to use it yet.

When we get back from yet another weekend trip I'll have to make these to go along with a spaghetti style dish.

Mary said...

Sounds great! I read a recipe a few days back for angel biscuits, which are a yeasted biscuit, that are a blend of bread roll and biscuit. Your rolls look wonderful, the ideal accompaniment, whether for a Sunday meal, or a nice hot bowl of soup.

threesidesofcrazy said...

A new bread machine is on my wish list!