Monday, July 21, 2014

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 07/21/2014 }

Good Morning friends, sure hope you had a great weekend and are ready for this new week ahead.

It's Monday morning, which means Happy Homemaker Monday.  I do enjoy this feature and look forward to it, it's like my week can't get started until my HHM is up :)


www.familycorner.blogspot.com

Breakfast time....what is on the plate this morning::::
A big cup of coffee with some vanilla creamer, and a bowl of oatmeal. 

On today's to do list::::
Laundry - one last load to wash, put away one basket of clean laundry
Finish painting the kitchen table, give the benches their first coat of paint
Bank - deposit two checks
Take Jasmine to Tae Kwon Do tonight

Currently reading::::
Painting the Moon by Traci Borum.  Really enjoying this one, it takes place in England at Chilton Crosse and it is about Noelle who inherits a cottage and a gallery from her Aunt to recently passed away.  Noelle leaves behind her life in California to move to a quiet village.  MY dream hahahah

On the TV today::::
Portuguese Soaps - Beijo do Escorpiao, Mulheres, Agua de Mar
The Strain - hubby and I have been wanting to watch this one and it just started
Expecting Amish - movie I recorded from Lifetime channel on Saturday, want to watch it today

The weather outside is::::
Cloudy, we actually got some rain last night which has cooled the temperatures around here, thank goodness.  It's supposed to rain again, but we'll see. 

On the menu this week::::
Monday - Slow Cooker Meatballs in Mini Bread Bowls, Salad
Tuesday - Teriyaki Chicken with Rice
Wednesday - Homemade Quesaritos
Thursday - Chicken Tetrazzini, Veggies
Friday - Grilled Half and Half Pizza
Saturday - Cheesy Spanish Rice Casserole
Sunday - Fettucine Alfredo, Roasted Spaghetti Squash

If I have a few minutes to myself, I will::::
Pull out my sewing machine, I want to make some bunting this week.

New recipe I tried, or want to try this week::::
Scalloped Potatoes and Ham.  I adapted a recipe from Kraft.com using what I had on hand, and it was a hit.  I am such a lover of potatoes though, you would give them to me ever which way and I would be happy. 

Scalloped Potatoes and Ham

In the garden::::
My chili peppers are soooo big and they are starting to turn color, can't wait.  Still waiting on the tomato and cucumbers to do anything, but I did harvest another strawberry.  I also planted lettuce and spinach, and they are already growing. 

Favorite photo from the camera::::
How cute is this Alpaca? 

_MG_5605

Homemaking Tip::::
We all buy appliances thinking that we are going to get a lot of use out them, and then they end up tucked in the back of a cabinet or in the pantry, even in the garage.  Go through them all, pull them out and decide what you will use and what you want.  Give away, or do a yard sale with the items you no longer want to keep, but for those that you do, make sure to pull them out at least every other week and rotate them in the kitchen.  I know I've given this tip before, but I thought I would remind you all again. 
I usually pull out one of mine and use them for that week, whether it be the Bread Maker or my Rotisserie.

Visiting with Blog friends (blog you want to share, blog post that caught your eye)::::
One of my favorite blogs to visit, which can actually be found on my sidebar, is Bratte Bakka og grone lier.  It is not an English blog, but it doesn't matter to me because the photos are absolutely gorgeous and I just love to sit and visit for a few hours.  Give it a try, I am sure you will enjoy it just as much as I do. 

Praying for::::
Our prayers were answered last week, we received the our rent deposit.  Obviously they didn't return the full amount and they also charged us to repair something which was broken when we moved into the house and they KNEW about it.  But you know, I'm just happy to have the deposit in my hand and never have to deal with those people again. 
Our moving claims ALSO came in last week, so thankful for that too.
I don't have anyone or anything specific that I'm praying for this week, just health and happiness for my family and friends. 

Bible Verse, Devotional that is resonating with me at the moment::::
 
gif Black and White stuff sea Bible verse

PLEASE, don't add links to this list that are not part of the Happy Homemaker Monday. I've asked numerous times, and I'm frankly quite tired of having to remove links to other posts that shouldn't be in this list. Please be respectful of my request!

12 comments:

Kar said...

Sounds like a full week ahead. Enjoy the cooler temps we will be having! :) I know I will.

Debbie said...

So pleased to hear you received your rent deposit back. Have a fun week!

Felicia said...

It's barely been a day since the cooler temps left us and I'm already missing them like it's been years. Is it fall yet?

I love the picture of the Alpaca, so cute. Is it bad that I want one? Wonder how much of a fit the HOA would throw for that.

Have a great week!

Dawn Marie said...

I'm not going to have time to participate in this today. I basically used my free time to write up another post, something that's been heavy on my heart today. I enjoy these though and hope to do it next Monday. Hope you have a great week. I LOVE alpacas. They are so cute.

Sarah said...

Haha I love the alpaca picture. LOL

You'll have to share a picture of the bunting when you've made it, I do love bunting. xx

Elizabeth said...

I want to hug the Alpaca! Thanks for HHM, I look forward to it every Monday...of course I really enjoy all of your posts!! I am really loving the new header: it's your own photo and I recognize so many things in it :) It's very comforting to look at. Glad you're back to more blogging!

Kathy Skinner (Kat) said...

So glad you got some of your deposit back anyway! The owners don't sound like very nice people:( Love the picture of the Alpaca...sooo cute!

Have a great week!

Sarah said...

I've just noticed I didn't link to your blog on my HHM post! Doh! It's rectified now [in case you wondered]. LOL. :)

Our neck of the woods said...

Kudos to you for letting it go and moving on. (Deposit)

Conny said...

I wrote my post yesterday and forgot to come back and post it!! LOL
Oh well... it is here now. Better late than never?!

Susan said...

Linking up for Happy Homemaker Monday!! Hope you'll stop by my blog!
-Susan

Unknown said...

SO nice to see you blogging away Sandra ..Lovely lovely bag from the husband you'd better..Miss you on Facebook give the doggies a smooch from us..Hope kids are enjoying summer :)