Tuesday, July 15, 2014

{ Homemaking Meme - I tag you, and you, and you }

Goodness, I can say that it's been YEARS, and I mean YEARS since I last did a meme of any kind.

Do you remember when blogging first started, memes seemed to be a way of connecting, of learning more about your new blog friends and having fun?

They slowly started dwindling, but I came across a homemaking meme from many years ago and I thought that it would be perfect for myself, and my fellow homemaking friends.  What do you say, are you ready to be tagged???

Bet it's been a while since you were last tagged in one of these.  It's pretty simple, just copy the meme from my blog and post it on yours, answer the questions, and tag your friends if you wish.  You don't have to tag anyone, if I tag you, you are more than welcome to just play along, but do let me know so that I can come and read yours too :)

Ready????  Alright, so Liz, Deb, Mary, Jen, Sarah, Christy, Conny, Dawn, Debbie, Felicia, Anna, Ruth, Carla, Rachel, Lorraine, Wendi, Kristina, Sweet Tea and Susanne.  I think that's enough for now.



Aprons - Y/N If Y what does your favorite look like?
Absolutely YES!!!  I love my aprons and I usually tie one on if I'm about to cook or even clean around the house.  My favorite is my Cath Kidston Apron.

 2011_10190012

Baking - Favorite thing to bake?
I am not so much a baker, as I am a cooker...cookerer....LOL  But when I do bake, I love cakes. 

Clothesline - Y/N
Oh goodness YES!!!  I love hanging my clothes to dry on the clothesline, I don't know what it is about it but the clothes have an amazing scent from being dried in the breeze and sun. 

Donuts - Have you ever made them?
Yes I have, though I don't make them very often because they are quite time consuming.  

Everyday - One homemaking thing you do everyday?
Just one????  Laundry of some sort, whether it's washing or folding, or ironing or putting away.  Also dishes, making the bed and cooking. 

Freezer - Do you have a separate deep freeze?
Yes I do, it's in the garage and usually houses our extra food.  Milk that is bought on sale, bread, meats bought in bulk etc.

Garbage Disposal - Y/N
Yes

Handbook - What is your favorite homemaking resource?
Old homemaking books, I truly believe that they are the best when it comes to teaching us about everyday chores, cooking, how to clean and fix things.  I rely on mine when I have a doubt and usually search through them first before turning to the internet. 

Ironing - Love it or hate it?
HA, if you know me at all, you know the answer to this one.  LOVE ironing, just love it.  If my laundry work consisted of just ironing, I wouldn't complain so much. 

Junk drawer- Y/N - Where is it?
Yes I have always had a junk drawer, usually in my kitchen, but since moving to the new house, I decided to get rid of it.  It is now a junk basket, which is actually kept in my pantry with a lid on.  Out of sight. 

Kitchen - Color and decorating scheme?
Plain beige walls, but lots of color pops here and there.  I'm going for a Cath Kidston inspired kitchen and am actually right now, in the process of painting my kitchen table white.  The chairs will be next with pops of color, but I'll show you all once it's done :)

Love - What is your favorite part of homemaking?
Creating a haven - a peaceful retreat for my family. A place where they can feel cozy and warm and happy.  Knowing that I am providing yummy meals to nurture their bodies and a wonderful home to nurture their souls. 

Mop - Y/N
Yes, but I use vinegar, hot water and essential oils.  Once I've mopped, I get down and actually take an old towel I keep just for this, and wipe the wooden floors dry. 

Nylons - Wash by hand or in washing machine?
I don't use Nylons, so I guess I can't answer this question. 

Oven - Do you use the window to check on things or do you open the door?
It depends on what I'm cooking.  If I'm baking a cake, then I turn the light on and look through the window, but if I'm roasting a chicken or something else that needs to be turned, I open the door and do what I have to do, then close it again. 

Pizza - What do you put on yours?
On my hubby's and children, I put cheese, pepperoni, black olives and mushrooms.  On my own, I do veggies.

Quiet - What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment?
Check Facebook, check emails, check blogs, crochet, read a book or just enjoy a cup of coffee. 

Recipe Card Box - Y/N
Yes I have one, I keep hand written recipes, cut outs etc. 

Style of house
Simple, country, primitive???  I don't know.  I don't actually have a very specific style to my house, but I do love old things and simple homey decorations.  I guess it's a combination of all my likes.

Tablecloth and napkins - Y/N
Yes to the tablecloth, no to the cloth napkins. 

Under the kitchen sink - Organized or toxic wasteland?
Organized.  I use Dollar Store plastic bins and have everything neatly organized under there.  I can't stand going under the sink for something and not finding it, so being organized is a must for me. 

Vacuum -  How many times per week? 
I don't have a set amount of times per week that I vacuum, I just do it as needed.  But at least once or twice a week.

Wash - How many loads per week?
Oh goodness, I think a better question would have been "how many days a week are you NOT doing laundry?".  LOL  I'm guessing a load a day. 

X's - Do you make a daily to do list and check it off as you do things?
No, I pretty much know what needs to be done every day.  The only time I make a list is if I'm going to be doing something I don't usually do, or something important.  I'm great a making lists, I'm just awful at actually sticking to them. 

Yard - Y/N - Who does what?
Curt does all the mowing and trimming.  I do the flowers, decorating etc.  We both take care of the pool and making sure the grass is watered. 

Zzz's - What is the last homemaking task you do for the day before you go to bed?
A quick pick up of dirty dishes that may have made their way to the living room.  I clean up the kitchen, clean the counters etc. 

17 comments:

Sarah said...

Haha, you and your ironing you crazy woman! LOL

Mine's up! :) That was fun, thanks for the tag. xx

Mary said...

Mine's up too, though I couldn't think of who to tag.

Amy said...

Oh this looks fun!!! I will have to do this one day this week!

Christy said...

Done! Thanks for the tag, it was fun!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Wow, that's a lot to answer, but fun. We do not have a garbage disposal. We are one of the few that still have a well and septic tank - no city water and no city sewage.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

I wasn't tagged but I decided to butt in and play along :) Fun meme, thanks for posting it!

Jen said...

LOVE this. I'm working on mine soon. Will have it up by the end of the day.

Dawn Marie said...

How cool! Thanks for tagging me. I will definitely get working on it. I may not have a chance to finish today but I will this week :-)

Dawn Marie said...

OK, mine is done!

Anna said...

Ah Thank you Sandra for the tag, it made my day when I seen your post this morning. I posted mine and it's ready to read. :-D

Conny said...

What fun! The move has put me a little behind in blog reading ... but tonight I just needed to write my blog and catch up in order to RELAX! Thanks for tagging me. This was just what I needed. :)

MindyG said...

I loved reading this! Things like this make me wish I blogged too :)
Thanks for sharing Sandra!
Mindy

MindyG said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
melanie said...

This looked like fun, so I jumped in the pond too!

Thanks!

:-)

Susanne said...

Fun meme Sandra! I miss the old days with memes where you got to know bloggers and became friends. I couldn't get to this this week, it's been a bit crazy, but I'll try for the beginning of next week!

Felicia said...

See what happens when I go away for a few days and dream of what it would be like to live in a cabin on a lake.

=) Thank you so much for tagging me.

I'm really jealous of the apron, I love them but at the moment don't have any. Hoping to remedy that soon.

I'll try and get my answers up Tuesday!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Sandra - so sorry, I forgot, but finally finished mine today. Apologies.
http://www.dayinthelife2013.blogspot.com/2014/07/homemaking.html