Monday, February 06, 2017

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 02/06/2017 }

Good morning, and a very Happy Monday to you all :)

Another week is upon us.  Ok is it just me or is anyone else begging February to slow down a little?  I don't know where it's going in such a speed, but for goodness sakes, we JUST started the month and it's already the 6th.  Slow down February, just slowwwww down.

Also, today marks the 11th year Anniversary of my little blog.  I can't believe it's been 11 years since that very first post, my word.  I'll have a post up later about it and even a little giveaway, but right now I thought it would be fun to go and grab some categories from the very first Happy Homemaker Monday I ever did, back in 2009.  I'm not going to substitute the categories for the ones I have now, I'm just going to add a few others for today, just for fun :) 


Happy Homemaker Monday



The weather:::
It was quite cold this weekend, cold enough that I had to wear boots and a scarf.  {I think I just heard the collective eye roll of you guys who are still getting snow lol }
However our high today is supposed to be 82, 70's rest of the week and even 90 on Saturday.  Yay!!! 


On my bedside table:::
Bible
Tv Remote
Couple devotionals
Lotion


On my reading pile:::
I set the book I was reading side....And the Trees Crept In.  I was enjoying it at first but then, I don't know what happened, I just wasn't liking it.  So I picked up Phillipa Gregory's The Taming of the Queen and of course, I'm loving that one. 


On my TV:::
I started The Halcyon and LOVED it.  So many familiar faces, some of my most liked British actors are on that show.  It has a very Downton Abbey mixed with The Grand feel to it, love it. 


On the menu for this week:::

Monday -  Beef Enchiladas with Spanish Rice  
Tuesday - Lasagna with Garlic Bread  
Wednesday - General Tso's Chicken, Basmati Rice
Thursday - Ham Ring with Salad
Friday - Rissois with Homemade Fries (these have been on the past 3 menus, and I never get around to making them, but need to this week)
Saturday - Oklahoma City, will grab something
Sunday - Ham and Broccoli Ring


On my to do list:::
Monday - Finish Laundry, Homeschool, Attach labels to jars
Tuesday - Paperwork (sort, trash, organize)
Wednesday - Carpet clean both living rooms
Thursday - Housework, sort through my sewing fabric, supplies and see what WIPS I can finish
Friday - Bake cookies for daughter and boyfriend, Bake bread
Saturday - Housework, Oklahoma City to drop off daughter
Sunday - Laundry, House clean, Planner for next week


What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
I finally got more yarn this weekend, so I was able to pick up Mandala again.  I just finished Part 7.  I'll take pictures later and share them with you.


Looking forward to:::
Sorting through my paperwork and getting that part of the Office, back on track.


Looking around the house:::
It's quiet, even though it's 9 am.  If you have teenagers, you know what I'm talking about because these kids can sleep like there's no tomorrow.  lol
House is clean, I have one basket of laundry to put away, but other than that, everything else is tidy and clean and I don't have to worry about housework :) 


From the camera:::
My gorgeous Marley.  Yesterday morning was really foggy, and I stepped outside to take a few pics and he came right along with me.  I just love this photo :)



Something fun to share:::
I came across another really useful and fun website.  I just love sharing these with you because there's so many cool places out on the web that we don't know about.  Anyway, this new one is called What Should I Read Next?
Yep, just perfect for those of us who love reading but sometimes don't know what to pick up next.

Enter a book you like and the site will analyse our huge database of real readers' favorite books to provide book recommendations and suggestions for what to read next.

 Let me show you real quick.  I typed in my ALL.TIME.FAVORITE book and it gave me a list of similar ones I would enjoy.  Titles I had never even heard of but now I'm so excited to try.




What I'm wearing today:::
Still early so I'm in my pj's and my fluffy pink robe.


One of my simple pleasures:::
Having my coffee outside, early morning, watching the sun rise, listening to the birds chirping. 


Bible verse, Devotional::: 



11 comments:

Jodi said...

I love the picture of Marley! Mmmm homemade bread...I may have to do this too! Have a great week!!

Pamela said...

Happy 11th Anniversary! I went back to my old blog to see when I joined Happy Homemaker Monday for the first time - May 2009 - almost 8 years ago! Where does the time go? Reviving the On My Bedside Table category reminded me that my bedside table needs to go on the To-Do list - it needs a basket or something to keep it tidy. Have a great week!

threesidesofcrazy said...

Happy BLOGOVERSARY! Where does the time go?

I have to check out that website. I'm nearing the end of a book.series and really want something new.

LOVE that picture pf Marley! Have a great week.

BTW looks like I'm possibly going to be up your way in early June. Maybe we can meet in real life for coffee or lunch? LOL which would be so ironic after all these years.

Heather said...

Oh my goodness, that picture of Marley is gorgeous!

Sandra said...

Oh my goodness, YES, if you come up this way we are definitely meeting for lunch. I would be thrilled to see you and I'm sure our husbands would enjoy meeting too :)

Sandra said...

Thank you Heather :)

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Good morning Sandra! Happy blogaversary to you!! That's SO AWESOME!! I hope you're here for many more years to come too. I"ve been loving all of your posts lately and feeling such a cozy part of your world as you share it with us. You are such a "real" and fun Homemaker to follow. ;)

And I'm so in love with your sweet doggy!! He is so adorable and I feel like I can feel his personality right through the screen. That photo you took is just beautiful. You should frame that one or make a canvas print. Gorgeous!!

Blessings on your week ahead and I can't wait to try that book website! ;) Thanks for hosting this and all you share with us. You are appreciated!! xoxo

Sandra said...

Can you believe how long it's been? It's insane :) My bedside table is actually neat right now, usually it's a royal mess that I have to stay on top of. Have a wonderful week Pamela :)

Christal said...

Happy anniversary sandra, i love your blog, have a wonderful week♡♡♡

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

I totally forgot to join. I'm so busy cleaning and organizing, I just plum forgot. You reminded me to write out my menu this week. Have a wonderful week!

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

That's a great link for finding the next book to read! Thanks for sharing it. Looks like you have a busy week planned!