Tuesday, February 07, 2017

{ Sunday, Monday and Tuesday }


Today's post is going to be loaded with photos, so I hope you're up for that.

 The past 3 days I've snapped random pics throughout my days, just small glimpses as I go about my daily life.  You know sometimes it's good to just grab a camera and record those moments that you otherwise would find boring, or trivial.  I like to look at every moment in my life, as purposeful and meaningful, no matter what it is.


Sunday

Made an amazing roast chicken, potatoes and some steamed broccoli for Sunday dinner.  Growing up Sunday dinners were always the biggest of the week and it was either a Pot Roast, or Chicken Roast.  I have very fond memories of our big family sitting around the table and enjoying a meal together.

February 2, 2017

My Basil and Rosemary are slow going.  You know I miss my herb garden back in Arizona, I had so many herbs just growing beautifully and the aroma was just amazing.  I need to get an herb garden going here in Texas too, maybe this spring I'll go ahead and start one.

February 2, 2017

My kitchen is pretty dark, I only have a small window and with the wood cabinets, it's always felt dark for me, especially under the cabinets.  I would like to get some lighting installed, eventually, if we buy this house, but for now I wanted something quick. 

I racked my brain trying to think of a quick alternative, and then it hit me.  Christmas lights....White Christmas lights.....so I went in search, found a strand in one of my Christmas boxes and attached them to the back walls....just running on the bottom.

I thought about attaching them under the cabinets, but I couldn't figure out the best way and again, I wanted something really quick that I would put up without too much involved. 

I love how they turned out, I have more pictures for you below.

February 2, 2017

Monday

February 2, 2017

Monday started with one of the most beautiful sunrises I have seen in a long time.  I HAD to take a picture, and I still don't think the pictures do it justice, you can't ever quite catch the beauty of a sunrise or sunset on camera.

February 2, 2017

After getting the housework done, it was time to work on my sourdough bread baking.   I had made the dough the night before, because it needs to sit on the counter overnight to rise.  I divided the dough in half, made one half into a bread loaf and then took the other half and surprised my kids with some yummy cinnamon rolls. 

By the way, if you've never had sourdough cinnamon rolls, you have to give it a try.  I posted the recipe earlier for you all :) 

February 2, 2017

I did sneak one, even though I'm trying to be good and eat healthy, but in my defense, how can anyone resist a hot goeey cinnamon roll?

February 2, 2017

I also took some more pictures of the lighting.   To be honest, I don't much care for the back splash in this kitchen, I find it a bit too much, too busy for my liking.  If we ever buy this house, I'll be removing it for sure.

February 2, 2017

I'm thrilled with the way the lights look, it makes it all look so much brighter in there and gives it such a pretty glow.  I especially love my Cath Kidston mugs hanging so prettily :)

February 2, 2017

I have to tell you about this cereal, I usually have the Vanilla and Almond Special K and love it, but I saw this one when I went grocery shopping this weekend, and I had a coupon for it, so figured I would give it a try.

It is AMAZING!!!  I believe it may have become my go to cereal.  I love coconut, I love almonds and cranberries and this one is made with multi-grain flakes WITH Quinoa.  So so good!!!

February 2, 2017

My husband came home for lunch with a dozen eggs.  I was a little surprised because we have eggs in the fridge and asked him what they were for.  Like, I was honestly perplexed why he would go to the trouble of going to the store for some eggs especially since he's not a big fan of them to begin with  Hahaha

He then told me that one of his coworkers has chickens and tons of eggs, so he brought them into work to see if anyone wanted them.  I was so happy, I love fresh eggs.

I did inform my husband to let his coworker know that anytime he wants to get rid of eggs, I'm more than ok with taking them.

February 2, 2017

Tuesday

February 2, 2017

How beautiful is that sunrise?  I was outside early this morning with Marley so he could go potty, and I sat on the step from our house down into the patio.  I looked over to the grass and it just looked so pretty with the sun coming up over the fence line, it's huge rays shining over the grass and creating this gorgeous golden tone.

February 2, 2017

My post workout smoothie.  I did the T25 today instead of Zumba, I was needing a bit of a change up.

Can I just say that I have to literally fight myself to exercise, some days?  I just couldn't be bothered and then I tell myself that I need to exercise and either do Zumba or something else, but that little voice inside my head immediately tells me it's too much effort and I don't feel like it, and leave it for next week, you're so comfortable on the couch why would you want to get up and sweat and hurt.

It's ridiculous the things we tell ourselves to avoid workout, but I have to do it, I need to do it and every time I get my exercise in, I feel SO much better after.  It's just a matter of getting into it at first.

February 2, 2017

I do love my smoothies.  I use whatever I have on hand.  This morning I threw in a frozen banana, frozen strawberries and blueberries, some almond milk, a splash of skim milk, a tablespoon of peanut butter, chia seeds, some granola and spinach. 

It doesn't need any sweetener of any kind, it is delicious and filling and I get in my fruits and vegs. 

So there ya go my friends, a bit of my past 3 days.  I might do a video for you all tomorrow about some shows I am currently watching, or I may do a paperwork organization post and take you along with me.  I'm not sure yet.

I also plan on doing another Spend the Day with Me either Thursday or Friday, not sure which day yet.

It's just gone 8:30pm here, so I need to start getting ready for bed.  Have a wonderful night :)

4 comments:

Simply Quaint said...

I love the lights under the cabinets....if you wanted to attach up under you could either thumb tack between the wires to the underneath of the cabinets or maybe staple....all of your pictures are beautiful....I'm the same way with exercise....I have back, neck and shoulder issues, so I have to watch what I do....my go to exercise is walking...treadmill or outside....which I need to get back at it again.....
Thank you for sharing....look forward to another spending the day with you...

Blessings
Rhonda

Lulu said...

another great post Sandra..love all the pics, and ideas you have..

Sarah said...

Love the lights in the kitchen. That was a great idea! I've been fighting myself about exercise lately too. But always better after its done.

Pamela said...

Great post, love the lights, love your Cath Kidston mugs, so pretty. Looking forward to spending the day with you.