Tuesday, February 14, 2017

{ Happy Valentine's Day }

February 14, 2017

♥♥♥ Happy Valentine's Day♥♥♥

How was your day friends?  I'm not one to really celebrate Valentine's Day, I'm more of the belief that you should show the person you love, every single day.

My husband and I don't often celebrate this holiday, I think after so many years of being together and married, we don't always see the need to go all out, but once in a while one or the other will gift something.

This year, it was my husband.  I was not expecting anything at all, but he showed up with this beautiful card with the saying "I love you more", which is something we're always saying to the other, so it was quite cute that he picked that one.

February 14, 2017

He also got me two big boxes of chocolate and a bag of the Lindt Lindor White Chocolate which are my favorites.  I'm a lucky girl for sure :)

February 14, 2017

We have a slight problem though, as I can't see to stop eating these, I think I've plowed through half the box already.  OH boy!!!

I must pace myself and do an extra T25 workout this week.

February 14, 2017

I promised you yesterday that I would take a photo of the Mandala Blanket to show you. I managed to finish Row 8 earlier today and am about to start Row 9, so here you go.

What a fun project it's been, I'm enjoying as much as Sophie's Universe, and these may just become my blankets of choice, crochet wise.

I've been thinking of doing posts for all of these projects I'm working on, and maybe updating them as I go.  I can list the materials, the colors, the size hook and then post a picture every time I finish one of the parts, and all the way through the end.  I quite think it would be fun even for myself to have it all jotted down and watch as it progresses.  What do you think?

February 14, 2017

February 14, 2017

February 14, 2017

My day was spent inside, as the rain just continued coming down.  It's been non stop for the past 2 days, and I couldn't be happier as I do enjoy rainy days.

I worked on a few things around the house, I tried to keep Marley still and quiet so that he can rest his leg as much as possible, I finished the Murder Calls show on Netflix (it was only a couple episodes long) and I did some housework.

Tonight, my husband took us to dinner at a local restaurant for Valentine's Day.  My daughter decided to stay home as she was skyping her boyfriend back in Arkansas and spending time with him, but my Nicholas came with.  OH friends, I need to take a good picture of my son to show you.  He towers over me, he has a mustached growing, he is so grown up and he is almost taller than his dad.  He hasn't even turned 14 yet, but this boy is just growing like a weed.

I'll try to get a picture of him, it's been a while, but he doesn't enjoy having his picture taken at all so it's always a bit of a pain.

I've had my shower, I have my hair up in a towel since I washed it, and I need to give my bangs a quick trim and the hair a fast dry with the hair dryer.  I'm not even going to bother straightening it tonight, will let it semi air dry.

Then will try and get the first row of Part 9 done before it's bed time, yet again, and we're halfway through another week. 

*sigh*

6 comments:

Mrs. Chrissy T said...

How nice of your hubby. The blanket is beautiful.

Mary said...

We never really did Valentine's Day in a big way, but I always looked forward to the cards from my husband. He'd always pick a nice one, but the best part would be the note he'd write inside.

Pamela said...

Happy Valentine's Day - your day was lovely!

Simply Quaint said...

I love your blanket...it's coming along nicely....we celebrate Valentine's Day every day but of course a little sweet note was found by my chair in the morning....where I stitch and have my coffee..😊 And I could not go without leaving him a card and a sleeve of Reese cups by his lunch for work 😍...a special day but every day is ... we went for take out, chilopte... how sweet of your hubby as well

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Your blanket is beautiful! Sweet gifts from your hubby and dinner out too.

I would love to see a recent photo of your son as I always picture him as a little kid.

Have a great Wednesday ~ FlowerLady

Jean said...

Sounds like a wonderful day, surprise Valentine's Day presents are always the best.