Monday, February 27, 2017

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 02/27/2017 }

Good morning my friends, hope you've all had a fantastic weekend :)

I am so sorry I haven't had a blog post up for a few days, my son was sick last week and I was so busy taking care of him, that I didn't get much computer time in.

This week we're back to normal blogging again, so there will be a post up later today and then daily ones for you all, and even another Spend the Day with Me later on in the week.

Right, let's get going with our HHM and see what we are all up to.   



The weather:::
Texas is driving me insane right now.  90 degrees one day and back to the 20s and freezing the next.  Seriously?  Come on now!!!  There is so much flu going around Texas and Oklahoma.  Not surprising with the current temperature changes.  Looks like we're going to be in the upper 60's the rest of the week.  Anyone else super ready for Spring?


On my reading pile:::
Still reading In This Grave Hour by Jacqueline Winspear.  Loving it.


Movies or Shows I watched this weekend:::
Hubby and I watched a few movies this weekend.  We don't do it too often, but it was kind of a little date for us.  My 13 year old is much happier in his room playing games and he is not a TV kind of kid at all.

Saturday we watched Fist Fight which was HILARIOUS, and then we watched Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.  I thought that one was ok, but I got kind of bored halfway through.  My daughter was also texting me at the time so my attention was divided between the 2.  I'll try and watch it again and see if maybe I like it a little more.

Sunday I watched The Shallows in the morning.  Oh my gosh, what a good movie, I haven't watched a "sitting on the edge of your seat" kinda movie in a very long time.  It reminded me a lot of the old Jaws movies which I loved.  So yes, if you get a change, definitely watch that one.
We then watched Hacksaw Ridge together.  If you don't watch any other movie this year, you HAVE to watch that one.  It was one of the most touching, beautiful, amazing movies I have ever seen.  Rates right up there with my top favorites over the years. 


On my TV:::
General Hospital
Dr Phil
Documentaries
Want to catch up on Outlander


On the menu for this week:::
Saturday is grocery shopping day, so I only have meals planned until Friday.  I will be working on the new menu plan this week.

Monday 27th
Sweet Fire Chicken with Sticky Rice
Tuesday 28th
Shepherd's Pie, Salad
Wednesday 1st
Jalapeno Cheddar Brats, Onion Rings
Thursday 2nd
Baked Burrito Casserole, Veggies
Friday 3rd
Homemade Calzones
Saturday 4th
Grocery Shopping
Sunday 5th



On my to do list:::
Finish off the crochet project I've been working on over the weekend
Blog post
Finish off Laundry
Homeschool


What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Mandala Madness is needing my attention, so I'll be cracking on with that one this week.
Wednesday I'll be making Part 3 of the Scheepjes CAL 2017.   
Saturday morning I started a new fun project, which my daughter has already claimed for herself, but it's so much fun I'm planning on making another.  I will be finishing it off this morning and you'll get to see it in my post this afternoon :)


Looking forward to:::
Having my girl back home next week.  I miss her already, but I also know that this is preparing me for when she moves out in a few months.  Sucks being a parent at times lol 


Looking around the house:::

I have my curtains open and my Scentsy warmer on.  It's a bit of a dark day today because it's cloudy even though we're not expecting any rain.  I need to get the living rooms picked up, because Mr Marley just trashes them with his toys during the weekend. 


From the camera:::
Love taking photos in the morning, the shadows, the colors.  Just beautiful :)




What I'm wearing today:::
Just after 7am so I'm still in my pajamas.  The pants are leopard print but in grey and pink, and the top is a long sleeved pink.  They're so warm and comfy, I swear I would live in pj's if it were allowed. 


One of my simple pleasures:::
Watching movies with my husband. 


Bible verse, Devotional::: 


8 comments:

Pamela said...

Hacksaw Ridge was an amazing movie! Are we going back to the Happy Homemaker photo with the Cath Kidston mugs? It's one of my favorites. Looking forward to Spending the Day with You later this week.

threesidesofcrazy said...

Sure hope Nick continues to feel better! And yes, Texas weather is "sucking" BIG time these days and making me miserable at times.

I loved the Shallows and Hacksaw ridge also...... I love a well put together story and also sitting on the edge of my seat!

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

That's an amazingly beautiful photo! You've had quite the swing in temperatures in Texas. Your meal plan sounds delicious. Hope you have a great week!

Simply Quaint said...

Happy Monday.....yes the weekend flew.....my husband and I watched Hacksaw ridge.....heart touching, amazing movie a must see for all.....I will have to see about The Shallows......we had beautiful spring weather last week here in Ohio....Friday was 76 degrees, Saturday, 32 degrees....were back to flopping from winter to spring this week...

Can't wait to see your project your making......

Have a wonderful. day...glad Nicholas is feeling better......

Jodi said...

I hope the sickies have left your house!! I love watching movies with my hubs as well! Can't wait to see your project!! Have a great day!!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hi Sandra! Love your beautiful photo at the end of this post. So pretty!

I"m SO ready for Spring too. ::sigh:: It has been a whacky weather one here too. Having snuggly movie time with Hubby sounds so good! I'm totally putting Hacksaw Ridge on our must see list and will get my Hubby to watch that one with me. Thanks for tip!

Can't wait to see what projects you're up to. Love how your current ones have been turning out! So pretty. :)

Blessings on your week. xoxo

Jean said...

Hope your son is feeling much better! My teenager mentioned wanting to see Hacksaw Ridge but I know it's rated R. Is it just because of the blood? Hope you have a lovely week!

Row. said...

I also really enjoyed Hacksaw Ridge, I agree with you on this Texas weather-its nuts!