Wednesday, February 27, 2019

{ And the thunder rolls..... }



While I'm dreaming of Spring and Summer, the weather outside is clearly reminding me that they are nowhere to be found.

It is a pretty gloomy winter's day around these parts.

Rain, foggy, bitter cold and so grey that it's making me feel a bit cabin feverish.  It also makes me want to lay in bed all day and do nothing.  Imagine if that were an option, just drift in and out of sleep, have someone provide you with meals, clean the house and take care of everything else while you rest the day away.



Sounds great in theory, but I wouldn't be able to do it, I think within an hour I would be so antsy and needing to get up and get going with the day.....but it's good to dream right?

_MG_4671

I had a good and busy homemaking day yesterday.  I started by getting the beans in the slow cooker to cook all day long.  I still have to put up the recipe for you all, I'll probably do that today if I get a chance.

_MG_4664

I've pulled out my Panini Press and have it set up on the counter for easy access.  Lately I've really been enjoying it, especially for breakfast.  To me, there's nothing like a hot cup of coffee and a nicely pressed melty cheese sandwich, it's just everything that is good in life.

_MG_4665

I also got the garlic soaking for my garlic and olive oil mixture that I use for cooking.  I've shown before what I do, but it's so simple, so if you missed it, it's basically chopped garlic which I use my Pampered Chef small chopper for (you can use a blender or whatever you wish), then add the garlic to a mason jar, add olive oil until about half an inch over the garlic, and then place it in the fridge.

Use it how you would crushed garlic from the store.

_MG_4666

While I wash dishes and clean the sink and the kitchen, I usually watch vlogs on Youtube.  It's a way to kill two birds with one stone, and I find that if I have music or a show going the housework flows quicker.

_MG_4683

Another task on my chore list was to clean and chop up two bags of sweet mini peppers that I got on sale at the store.  I freeze the chopped up peppers in a ziploc bag and use them for recipes.

_MG_4685

There was two loads of laundry needing done, one of the kitchen towels and dishcloths and one of blankets and comforters.  I like to hang those out to dry when washed, and even if the weather is bad outside, I just place the clothes rack in the living room under the fan and let them dry in there.

_MG_4686

Dusting, vacuuming, tidying here and there and the house was set to order.  Next on my list was the usual homeschooling, reading for book reviews and some budget planning and bill paying.

Honestly, by the time I'm done with everything, it's dinner time, then dishes then nighttime routine and before I know it, it's early morning and it all begins again, which I'm incredibly thankful for. 

_MG_4687

I've changed up the template a bit, I feel like I want a change on the blog but I haven't had time to make a new header, so for now, this is what it will be.  I think it's simple but effective.

Also, I do have quite a few books coming up on tour, so you may see quite a few reviews popping up, but I also am writing down a ton of ideas for upcoming posts.  I know that I already show you quite a bit of what I do on a daily basis, but there's still so much you don't see or I don't get to share.

The nitty gritty of daily life, the cleaning mixtures I use, the simple recipes I cook for my family, stories from my childhood, struggles I deal with in my faith, things I've learned or want to pass on and so forth.

Right, I need to get going with my day so it's time to pop on out of here.  :)

1 comment:

Jean said...

We've got ice here and the kids are out of school (again). I have those same peppers and was just thinking I need to do something with them. Hope you are having a warm and cozy day. Spring should find us both soon.