Tuesday, February 05, 2019

{ Absolutely gorgeous day }

February 4, 2019

Oh my friends, I know that a lot of you are still dealing with snow and horrid temperatures, and I feel almost bad posting about my day, because we have had the best weather for this time of year.

Woke up to sunny blue skies, the freshest of breezes and the highs for the day of 75 degrees.  It was pure magic and made me really wish for Spring and Summer.



February 4, 2019

The very first thing I did was make my bed and tidy up the room, it's just party of my routine and I honestly can't get going with my day until that is done.

Besides, there is nothing quite like a fresh clean bed to climb into at the end of a long day.

February 4, 2019

What a beautiful day it was.  I took this shot out of one of the bedroom windows and it just makes me smile so incredibly big.  How amazing is our Lord in His creations?

February 4, 2019

After the bedroom was done, I switched into some workout gear and began my 7 Day Challenge.

I talked about it a little in the Happy Homemaker Monday, but let me just bring it up again because a few of you were interested.

The workout is by Lucy Wyndham-Read.  If you've never heard of her, do yourself a favor and go look her up, she is fantastic.  Anyway, I've talked about Lucy before, she has these great Hiit workouts that you can do, some of them only 4 minutes long.

I know that working out is frustrating, annoying, boring, and all that other jazz, trust me, I have to actually force myself to get going otherwise I will be quite happy sitting on the couch or doing anything other than the actual exercise.

But here's the thing, before we moved to Texas, I was working out twice a week doing a one hour Zumba session, I lost tons of weight, I felt amazing and I had so much energy.  Then the move came up, there were no Zumba classes around me, and the laziness kicked in.

At first I continued doing Zumba at home through Youtube videos.  But that quickly subsided because I got bored, it isn't as much fun doing it alone and if you're not motivated enough, forget it.  So I stopped, and it's now been about 2 years since I've worked out in any way, shape or form.

The result?  I've put on 10 pounds.  Here's the thing though, I'm not overweight, but I feel it in my clothes and more importantly, I feel it in my body.  I am sluggish, I feel heavy, tired, unmotivated and so on.  I'm also turning 45 this year and that means that I should be looking after myself, taking care of my overall health and exercising.

So that is where Lucy comes in.  Believe me, I would rather do anything other than get up and exercise every morning, but I push myself to do it, and once it's done I feel FANTASTIC.




I've just done Day 2 of the 7 Day Challenge, and I'm sore mainly in my hips, lower back and stomach area, but it's given me so much energy the past two days.

If any of you want to join me, we can motivate each other through this.  Come on ladies, we can spare 7 minutes each morning, get healthier and do it together, what do you say?

February 4, 2019

After the workout and getting a quick shower, I then started with my housework.  I had so much energy that I not only did my usual kitchen clean up and dishes, I vacuumed, and then I carpet cleaned the living room, did the kid's laundry, hung it all up to dry and just kept going LOL

It felt amazing to feel so energized.

I did get hungry, so for breakfast I had a smoothie.  My usual, blueberries, banana, peanut butter, milk, some plain yogurt, granola, spinach and some Stevia.  THAT filled me up quick.  And I have half of the smoothie leftover which is going to be my lunch today.

February 4, 2019

February 4, 2019

While I was doing one of my many laundry changes outside, I happened to see this hawk flying around.  He stopped right on my tree and watched me for a while, of course as soon as I stepped in to get the camera, off he went.

February 4, 2019

February 4, 2019

I did however grab some pictures of him flying away, and also of the new shoots on the tree.  Oh that makes me so happy to see.

February 4, 2019

February 4, 2019

I have a lot I want to get done this Spring, mainly a big raised bed that I want to build under my bedroom windows, to plant some herbs and veggies.  I'll have Curt help me with that.

We are also thinking of finally getting some chickens, and I'm beyond ecstatic for that, oh my goodness.  Of course I'll record the progress of anything we do in the Spring, and share with you.

Once I was done with schooling with Nick for the day, I sat down and finally started on the crochet project I mentioned.  Here's a sneak peek for you, isn't it pretty?

February 4, 2019

Since then I've finished this first one, and am going to start on the second sometime today.

Right now though, I need to go and give the kitchen counters a quick wipe down and get Nick started on some tests.

Oh and before I leave, I added a new recipe over on the food blog, it's for the Hot Sesame Pork I made the other night.  It was a huge hit!!!

Hot Sesame Pork

I hope you're all having a wonderful Tuesday so far.  We have some fog going on, but it's warm outside and we'll be in the 70's again this afternoon, so looking forward to that.

Blessings,
Sandra
xoxoxoxo


On this day in 2006 - Well I finally did it, I got my own blog!
On this day in 2007 -
On this day in 2008 - Nothing like a kink in your neck to ruin things!
On this day in 2009 - Ouch Ouch Ouch
On this day in 2010 - Sniffling away the day...
 On this day in 2011 - 30 Day notice of relocation
On this day in 2012 -
On this day in 2013 - In the here and now
On this day in 2014 - And down it comes...
On this day in 2015 - Crochet items for sale
On this day in 2016 -
On this day in 2017 - Quiet Sunday
On this day in 2018 - Happy Homemaker Monday

3 comments:

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

I wanted a smoothie yesterday, after my workout, but alas I am out of spinach right now. We had a few nice days here, but now we are back to rain, and lots of it. The temp is nice though. Hope your good weather lasts.

Gail said...

Oh I love that crochet project you are working on! That so beautiful. My cousin made me some of those for Christmas. I made up a homemade make-up remover (coconut oil, essential oils) and put the crocheted pads in a jar and shook it all up. I love them!

Sarah said...

We've had heavy snow, but now we are back to dull, wet weather. I am rather jealous of your blue skies ;) Your photos are beautiful.