Sunday, July 29, 2012

As the day comes to an end.........

2012_07290040

I reflect on how I spent my weekend.

Relaxing!  To put it simply.

Yesterday afternoon we spent the afternoon watching the Olympics and when nothing of interest was on, we watched The Lord of the Rings, and I crocheted.

2012_07290003

Sail Away!

The minute I saw this pattern at Bunny Mummy, I just knew it was the perfect little wall decoration for our Homeschooling Area.

Isn't it adorable?

And this morning, I started on another pillow for my collection.

2012_07290012

We were out earlier this afternoon and made a quick stop at a new Goodwill near us. I had to grab these baskets, I couldn't leave them behind, and I knew exactly what I wanted them for.

2012_07290016

2012_07290021

All my knitted dishcloths are in one, fabric paper towels in the other, and my lotions in the third. The fourth one I'm actually using on my table next to my couch, it holds my crochet needle and my current crochet project.

2012_07290018

Found two cookbooks which caught my eye. Hay Day Country Market Cookbook and Incredible Edibles.

2012_07290020

And also picked up this adorable garden pot which now uses my basil.

2012_07290017

I think it looks wonderful on my kitchen sill :)

2012_07290023

Just a little peek above my stove

2012_07290025

Dinner time came around pretty quick, so for the hungry family, I made some delicious Chicken Stroganoff which includes bacon, and you know that is a winner right?

2012_07290027

You can find the recipe on the food blog.

2012_07290032

Now dishes are done, kitchen is clean and I'm going to sit down with my crochet and relax in the quiet of my living room.

2012_07290034

One of my favorite ways to spend the evening, is to sit quietly on my favorite chair, listening to my children talk amongst themselves or having a funny animated conversation with my husband.

It's a simple joy!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

just beautiful.

Lulu said...

oh yummmmmmy Sandra....
You always find cute things...
love your latest projects..

Susanne said...

Love the teapot and the baskets. I don't think I could leave them behind either.

Elise said...

I absolutely love that tea pot turned basil pot!!! I must do this...

Susan said...

Sandra, your kitchen looks just like a magazine spread! You have lovely taste and a wonderful way of bringing it all together! You should consider a Bed and Breakfast when you guys retire! I'd stay there at least once a month! Have a wonderful night. Hugs!

Sarah said...

Just beautiful. And I LOVE baskets, hubs has to control me near shops that sell baskets, lol!

Christy said...

I told you in previous comments that I have been reading through your blog from its beginning - and I have done it! I am now in March of this year, which I have already read but am still enjoying it.

This type of post is my favorite of yours - with lots of your beautiful and inspiring pictures and insights into your day and life.

I love Lord of the Rings, my youngest got me into it. And I love what you did with the teapot. What a great idea, and it looks really, really nice. Have a great week!

~Carla~ said...

Looks perfect! Your photography is just wonderful, Sandra!! You're so very blessed!! :)