Monday, July 16, 2012

A picture tells a thousand words

:::: We love these and haven't had them since Idaho because I haven't found them around here. Well hubby found them at the commissary in Texas, so he brought some back for us. Grapples.....YUM!
2012_07140002


:::: Breakfast Saturday morning, hubby ran out and picked up donuts. Mmmmmmm....
2012_07140019


:::: ran around with the family, couple errands here and there and then stopped for lunch at Ono's Hawaiian Barbecue...had the Island Chicken Curry. SO GOOD.
2012_07140025


:::: back home and I replenished my batch of homemade laundry detergent.
2012_07140033


:::: this batch I used Zote soap instead of the Fels Naptha. Love the pink flakes :)
2012_07140039


:::: had intermittent rain the whole weekend
2012_07140042


:::: which made for some stunning cloud formations
2012_07140045


Went to the movies that night and watched The Amazing Spiderman in 3D. SO good, what a great movie :)

Sunday morning we had breakfast together and then decided to head to the movies again so the kids could watch Ice Age Continental Drift. It was so cute and so funny, we had a blast :)

Stopped at Cracker Barrel for lunch, then did a little shopping at Target and look what my hubby found me LOL I can't wait to try them :)

2012_07150001

The afternoon was spent catching up on chores, like giving the turtle tank a really good cleaning. Now Squirt (Nic's turtle) does not like me. I don't know why, I have never hurt him, I've never even touched him but he just doesn't like me hahahah Anytime I walk into the room he will quickly run off his rock and into the water and furthest away from as possible, but yesterday I got to pick him up and scrub him clean and he was hissing at me the whole time. By the time I put him back in his clean tank he was SO mad, he was literally glaring....this photo just makes me laugh so hard because he is so annoyed with me LOL

2012_07150016


:::: sat down and surrounded myself with a ton of yarn sent by my sweet Aunt. These are just a few, but I'm loving the colors and the different textures.
2012_07150031


:::: in Arizona we mow dirt disguised as grass. So frustrating to be out there mowing and hitting rock after rock and kicking up a dust storm around you. BLECH!
2012_07150038


Had a wonderful weekend, but hubby returned to work today and we're all falling back into our normal routines. Cleaning, laundry, picking up after the kids etc....also got our Homeschool Station for the year since we're beginning August 8th.

Homeschool corner


:::: last year we tried the dining room table but it didn't work for Nicholas, it was just a distraction and he didn't take it seriously, so we need to have an actual area for him to do his work
2012_07160010


:::: also tried folders instead of composition books and THAT was a fail as well, they kept losing papers, or tearing them out etc. We're back to composition books this year, so I sat down and made some cute labels for the fronts
2012_07160015


:::: and when not being used for schooling, this will be mama's little corner, where I can blog, facebook, check email, pay bills etc.
2012_07160035

10 comments:

Heather Ortega said...

I love the Ninja bread men- how cute!

In southern California where we live we mow dirt grass too- it's just so hot the grass just dies. I am thinking of ripping out the entire front lawn and doing edible landscaping. At least I wouldn't feel so bad about the water usage.

Cheri said...

I've never heard of those apples before but I'd love to try them. I'll have to look for them. Love the pic of the turtle- so cute!

Conny said...

The turtle is HILARIOUS - he really does look ticked off!!

I love your homeschool corner - I've been wanting a place like this in my house - but haven't figured out how to do it yet - our house is already wall-to-wall furniture so not sure what - but we'll figure it out, some time!

Sweet Tea said...

What a fun weekend!
Never heard of, seen, or tasted a Grapple. Interesting.
That turtle was giving you the "Stink eye!". LOL
Love the School Corner!

Christine said...

Great pictures! I love the yarn. I've seen those grapples in the grocery store, but that's not something I'd like to try.

Elise said...

Aw I used to have a little painted turtle. His name was Rex. He hated when I cleaned him too :) But Rex always loved it when I would leave the bath running really low. He would lay under the stream for as long as he could. Poor thing died last year :(

Amy said...

We have Grapples at the grocery here...anytime you want some, I will gladly get some and ship them to you :-) Just let me know.

That cloud is stunning!

We are definitely doing the "nook" area this year! Felicity and I have been discussing it and are ready to get started as soon as we are in the new house within the next week or two. I love the idea of sharing it with her :-)

Tina Leigh said...

Yall had a family reunion eh! Sounds like good times to me.
I love the hankies..I have some my grandmother gave me. Do you know how hard it is to find womens hankies now?!

Lois Christensen said...

Sounds like the perfect day, just doing normal things when your hubby is home! Love the cloud pictures. They're so pretty! Enjoy today!

Unknown said...

Grapples sound yummy. I will have to look for them here :) your turtle makes me laugh :)