Monday, July 23, 2012

Happy Homemaker Monday #28

Monday......Monday, Monday, Monday.   Why does it always seem like it's hiding behind a corner and creeps up fast?   I love my weekends with my family and then the week comes and it's just.....sigh.  LOL

Anyway, had another good, easy going, relaxing weekend but now it's back to work and house stuff and pretty soon school, but not without a little 4 day vacation the first week of August :)  I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to that.

Onto our Happy Homemaker Monday! 


happyhomemakermonday
If you want to save and use the new button, just click here.

The Weather:::
We have been blessed with cooler temperatures, rain clouds, a little bit of pitter patter and even a dust storm.  It's been interesting around here lately :) 



On my reading pile:::
From the Kindle Fire -  Wedded to War by by Jocelyn Green.  Really enjoying it.
From the bookshelf   -  The Virgin Cure by Ami Kay (for a review on Thursday)  


On my tv:::
I have two episodes of Starlings to catch up on.
And I STILL haven't watched The Hollow Crown, so have those to catch up on too.
My Portuguese soaps - currently watching 3 of them.
Warehouse 13 returns tonight so I'm super excited for that one :)



On the menu for this week:::
I've been enjoying cooking so very much and watching how much my family enjoy the meals, makes it even better :)   My husband told me that everything he ate while gone tasted like dirt LOL

Monday -  Herb and Cheese Stuffed Burgers with Homemade Buns
Tuesday - Stir Fry Ginger Beef & Broccoli with Rice
Wednesday -  Chicken Stroganoff with Mashed Potatoes
Thursday - Spaghetti with Olive Garden Bread Sticks Friday -  Sour Cream Rice Bake
Saturday - Roast Beef and Swiss Sandwich Bake
Sunday  -  Rissois de Carne (Meat Rissoles)



On my to do list:::
Vacuum, mop
Iron and put away clean laundry
Make Hamburger Buns
Post recipes for Chicken and the Cream Cheese Pound Cake, on the food blog



What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Messing around with lace and ribbon and creating cute things for my home.  Had an empty Potato Stix canister that I kept, covered it with this adorable ribbon and now it holds some plastic flowers. 



Homemaking Tips:::
Here's a great tip for keeping bananas fresh longer.   Cut a small piece of clear plastic wrap, about the size of the palm of your hand.  Wrap it tightly at the top of the bananas, where the bunch is held together.  Everytime you remove a banana make sure to rewrap it tightly.  It will prolong them for 3 to 5 days longer than usual :)

Looking around the house:::
My hubby just left for work and the kids just walked sleepily into the living room.  They are now relaxing on the couch watching some cartoons.  My pugs are both asleep at my feet, of course.  I just fixed hubby's lunch, a chicken salad in a jar and some pound cake with strawberry topping, so I have a few items to put away and clear up on the counter.  Have a big mattress protector sheet in my bathtub soaking since yesterday, have to drain that water and rinse it out before throwing it in the washer.  I always soak my protectors and sheets first in the bath tub before washing.  Have floors that need sweeping and mopping (because my pugs are shedding and it's driving me nuts and I feel like I have to vacuum twice a day and still drives me crazy).  Going to enjoy the last of my coffee and finish up this post before starting the day :) 


From the camera:::
As destructive as the Dust Storms can be, and trust me they are......I still find them beautifully fascinating. 



2012_07210021


On my prayer list:::
So many of you, I always pray for peace, for health, for love and for anything that you may be needing at the moment.
For our troops overseas and state side.


Bible verse, Devotional:::
Then Jesus said, "Did I not tell you that if you believed, you would see the glory of God?"
John 11:40

1 comment:

Elise said...

That photo of the dust storm is so beautiful! You caught it at just the right moment!