Thursday, July 19, 2012

Oh! Gorgeous Lace!

2012_07180001

Lace and Lace and more Lace.

There's something very feminine, very petite and beautiful about lace. I've always been fascinated with it.

Ribbons and Lace

And that's what I'm coming to show you today, my lace stash.

When my husband was this past month, he was able to visit with a lot of his family back in Oklahoma. One of those was Aunt Nita who I adore. She knows my love for yarns and crafty stuff, so she sent back a ton of yarns and ribbons and lace that used to belong to her mom.

Ribbons and Lace

That in itself is a treasure, to have a little of something so special :)

I was beyond myself with happiness with my yarn, but I was not expecting the lace and ribbons and oh....my....goodness. I fell in love immediately and just knew that I had to do something with it.

All sorts of colors and patterns and this one has to be one of my favorites, how adorable are those birds?

Ribbons and Lace

I can just picture these little yellow flowers on a table cloth or kitchen towel

Ribbons and Lace

So I sat here staring at my lace and knowing that I had to use it somehow, and I have a couple ideas in mind.

I love using mason jars for everything, and one of those things is as candle holders. I've used books pages to cover them before, I turned them blue etc....but I wanted something else.....


I grabbed my hot glue gun, a couple jars and some of the lace and set to work.

Lace Covered Jars

What a blast I had picking out the different lace and attaching it to the jars

Lace Covered Jars

So pretty

Lace Covered Jars

the beautiful candle light shining through the lace is something else isn't it?

Lace Covered Jars

It's a very quick project to do and the end result is just gorgeous

Lace covered jars

These are going to hang out on my Homeschool Area....but I am going to make a bunch more for my bedroom

Ribbons and Lace

And these are going to come very handy, indeed :)


15 comments:

Linds said...

I have boxes of the same kinds of lace and braids and flowers, Sandra - I will get to them as I do the mega sewing room clear out! I LOVE your candle jars with the lace! You are so clever!

Sandra said...

Thank you Linds :) I didn't quite know what to do with the lace but this is perfect, and I'm thinking it would make great gifts too :)

Lulu said...

so lovely Sandra..i love lacy things also...But, you didnt show us the yarn...lol
youre so creative, i just love it..

Lulu said...

oh sorry Sandra, i just saw the lovely yarn you got...:-)
i love it..

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I love how you created those lovely candle jars. So feminine and sweet.

How blessed you are to have received such a gift.

FlowerLady

Sweet Tea said...

I also like lace. I still have the lace from my wedding dress.

Wendi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wendi said...

Ohhh what great treasures you were given! I imagine the lace makes the candle light reflection beautiful. Enjoy!

Stacia said...

Very beautiful and romantic with the lace on the candles. You always have such great ideas. :)

Liz said...

I love lace and how beautiful the jars look with it. Absolutely gorgeous.

Unknown said...

B E A UTIFULLLLLL.... LOVED IT..!!

Anonymous said...

Such a simple yet stunning idea! Really beautiful effect!

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

How pretty, Sandra! It IS feminine and I love the way it looks on the mason jars! You can do so much with mason jars! Just love them!

Have a great weekend, Sandra!

Tammy

Danice G said...

I also love lace. The candles shining thru the lace is so elegant. Maybe I need to find some ideas for my box of lace that's just lying there... :)

Sara Marie Martin said...

I have been checking out different crafty stay at home mom blogs and wondering if you wouldn't have some advice for me concerning sewing. I have never had my own machine but do enjoy working with others. I have been researching different machines and don't know which one would be the best. As of now, the Singer/Stylist Sewing Machine is at the top of my list as far as price and what you are paying for. Do you have any advice? Are there too many gidgets and gadgets on this for someone like me- just starting out? It is such a pricy hobby, I dont want to buy the wrong one.
smmartin1296@yahoo.com
Sara