Saturday, July 21, 2012

Just here......

living, loving, enjoying every second with my family.

I think too often we get so caught up with our daily going ons that we forget what is really important, and then we take things and people for granted, until we have to do without for a while and boy is that a good kick in the pants.

We've been spending every second we can together and we've laughed so hard at times, and smiled, and thrown out random "I love you's" just for nothing, just because.....handed out hugs and kisses as we pass by each other and it really does make for a wonderful family atmosphere when you let the people you love know just how much they mean to you.

But anyway, so just a few pics of what I've been doing, starting with this first one of one of my favorite coffee mugs, and as you can see by the clock yesterday afternoon called for a nice mug of coffee to keep me awake.

2012_07200004

Headed to dinner at Texas Roadhouse which we love, the food is so good, the atmosphere, the decorations etc.

2012_07200007

One of my favorite things about the roadhouse is when they all stop to dance. Nicholas on the other hand refuses to look at them, he says it's so weird and random that they just stop serving people to dance hahahahah

2012_07200009

On the way home this storm was rolling in

2012_07200049

It always fascinates me. While many people fear thunderstorms, I love them and I love watching them roll in, I love hearing thunder, I love seeing lightning and hearing the hard rain pelting down on the roof....but even more so, I love photographing the sky.

But that is a whole other post :)

This morning we headed to the mall, hubby had some Hot Topic coupons for Jasmine to use. She loves that store, and truth be told, I kinda do too LOL But my attention usually goes to the nail polish and I picked up some neon orange today....LOVE it.

Also picked these up for Nicholas, how cute are they?

2012_07210009

Walked around Sears for a while and I drooled over the pink tools, what can I say?

Hubby pointed these out to me, they were on sale for 50% off.

2012_07210012

Also walked by the Yankee Candle store and of course I couldn't just walk by, especially when I saw their Limited Edition Coconut Collection. Oh Lordy, you have GOT to smell these.

2012_07210001

As a special treat, hubby got me all 5 votive holders and scents.

No.1 - Coconut and Sea Air

2012_07210002

No. 2 - Coconut and Beach Flowers

2012_07210003

No. 3 - Coconut and Mandarin

2012_07210004

No. 4 - Coconut and Lime

2012_07210005

No. 5 - Coconut and Vanilla Bean

2012_07210006

If you love coconut, you have to go check these out.

After the mall we came home and just hung out, and I'm thankful for that because we were hit with another Dust Storm.

2012_07210021

and within a minute or two, we're surrounded in this brown golden tinge.

2012_07210022

Dust Storms are scary but they're beautiful at the same time, I am a huge fan of nature so I love just sitting and watching it all unfold :)

But now...I'm going to go paint my nails a neon orange that I picked up at Hot Topic, then watch Haunted London on my DVR and maybe a movie after that.

I hope you're all having a fantastic weekend so far :)

7 comments:

Digital Expressions said...

Sounds like a great time had by all this Saturday. Family time is so prescious! I love storms too the sound of thunder is an amazing stress release for me.. lol dont know why. Only time i hate storms is when we are under a high risk for tornados YUK! Ive only seen one dust storm in my life in AZ when we traveled there when i was about 10 yrs old. Yankee Candles are the best.... Mmmmmm im going to have to check out the new scent! Good excuse to go to the mall. Have a good rest of the weekend!

Michelle said...

Having family time is of prime importance these days.love the candles :)

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Great time with your family, wonderful treats too, and neat storm photos.

Have a great week ~ FlowerLady

Tina Leigh said...

Im like your son...its weird to me too. Ive only been there once and the dancing made my husband and I feel uncomfortable...so maybe we are the weird ones! LOL!

I usually have a cup of coffee every afternoon about the same time! I love my coffee.

Sounds like a fun family day!

Sweet Tea said...

Nice to hear you so happy. Great weekend of enjoying the "regular".

MyLittleMe said...

Love the candles and the beautiful storm clouds!

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Beautiful sky photos, Sandra!

So glad you're enjoying the family time!

Tammy