Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Quiet moments

Not every day is go go go go for me.  See, I've learned that if I keep on top of things, I will usually end up with a day during the week that I can devote to my own things.

You know those things I'm talking about, like downloading new books to my Kindle, or cleaning up my photo folders on the computer, embroidering or crocheting or even just sitting on the couch and watching some favorite shows on the tv or the laptop.

I usually consider those my quiet moments because I don't feel rushed to get something done, I can just take my time :)

So that's what I did today, a little of everything.

::::  morning munchies, I still think that some simple toast with butter hits the spot just right

2012_07250010


:::: favorite comfy skirt, favorite apron, favorite nail polish....I think I'm ready for the day

2012_07240005


:::: straightening out the bedroom, and remaking the bed

2012_07240025


:::: my embroidered vintage pillowcase

2012_07240014


:::: and the prettiness continues through to the bed skirt (needs to be ironed again I'm noticing)

2012_07240017


:::: started on my kitchen towels

2012_07240021


:::: noticed that I'm running low on eggs

2012_07250002


:::: afternoon snack

2012_07250011


:::: dinner time....slow cooked beef stew served in homemade bread bowls

2012_07250019


In between all this, I updated my Kindle with some books I downloaded a week or so ago, just had to transfer them over, here's what I got:

Terry Pratchett - The Long Earth (for my husband who is a HUGE Terry Pratchett fan) - download
Love Finds You in Amana, Iowa (free for now, grab it quick) - download
Ripper by Amy Carol Reeves - download
Days of Splendor Days of Sorrow by Juliet Grey
Forever Amber by Kathleen Winsor
Plain Fear Forsaken by Leanna Ellis
Colter's Promise by Maya Banks - Download
Falling Fast by Sophie McKenzie - Download
Queen Hereafter:  A Novel of  Margaret of Scotland by Susan Fraser King

I still have quite a few more to transfer over, but I'll leave that for another day.  I just love opening up my Kindle and having such a wide variety of books to pick from.  :)

I think I'll go do just that, find a good one and settle in for a little reading, besides I also have Haunted Collector and School Spirits on the TV tonight.

Hope you're all having a great week so far and don't forget to come back tomorrow for Cooking Thursday :)

3 comments:

Sarah said...

So excited to do that on my Kindle!

Love your crocheted cushions, so pretty and your tea-towels will be gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Your vintage pillowcases are beautiful!

Susanne said...

Love those quieter "me" days. It's the staying on top of things that eludes me half the time. :v)