Monday, July 30, 2012

Happy Homemaker Monday #29

Oh I'm so tired this morning.   Hubby has to be up at 4:30am this week and that means I get up at the same time to fix him coffee and lunch.  I don't mind doing it for him, but when you don't get to bed until after 10pm, that morning rolls around really fast doesn't it???

Our older pug Bella also spent a restless night climbing off and back onto the bed, which kept me awake.  So I'm tired, like super mega tired and I'm hoping coffee and prayer gets me through today's housework.

Onto our Happy Homemaker Monday! 



happyhomemakermonday
If you want to save and use the new button, just click here.

The Weather:::
80 degrees and cloudy skies this morning.  We had another dust storm blow through around dinner time last night, and then a few sprinkles but not much at all.  I'm hoping the weather stays cloudy and this cool for the rest of the day and I wouldn't mind some good rain showers.



On my reading pile:::
From the Kindle Fire -  Love Finds you in Amana, Iowa.  I really really really love this series :)
From the bookshelf   -  The Prairie Girl's Guide to Life by Jennifer Worick  



On my tv:::
I have three episodes of Starlings to catch up on.
Won't even mention Hollow Crown, I'm so far behind, matter of fact haven't watched a single one. 
My Portuguese soaps - currently watching 3 of them.
Warehouse 13


On the menu for this week:::

Monday -  Spaghetti with Garlic Cheese Bread
Tuesday - Ranch Chicken Thighs
Wednesday -  *Grocery shopping...have to make the new menu today*
Thursday -
Friday -
Saturday -
Sunday  - 



On my to do list:::
Iron and put away laundry
Make the new Menu Plan and Grocery List
Get the first school lessons ready and make folders for this years material



What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Sail away crochet wall decoration.   Finishing the newest crochet pillow, probably today.

2012_07290012


Homemaking Tips:::
Dusting.  Something that I have to fight with constantly in this house, it still gets to me how much more dusting I need to do as compared to when we lived in Idaho.  Then again, it's a desert here, there's nothing but dirt around so it's to be expected.

I've stopped dusting with dusting spray.  Stopped quick a while ago, because I would get the sneezes everytime I did and frankly, it didn't do the job.  I find it much easier to use a damp rag.  Just squeeze it really well to get all the water out, you want it just slightly damp, then dust in the usual faction.

It works SO much better and it's much healthier than having all those chemicals sprayed all over your home.


Looking around the house:::
It's very very quiet in here, and dark too.  We have some cloudy skies and the sun is just starting to rise, peeking through the clouds.  It looks pretty!
I hear the fish tank in the background and my dishwasher in the kitchen.  I have two snoring pugs next to me on the couch and aside from their breathing, just the tapping of my keys on the laptop.
Kids are still in bed.  The living room needs to be straightened out as always when Monday rolls around and everyone is home for the weekend. 


From the camera:::
I love candlelight and to me, one of the most beautiful moments of the day are in the evening right after dinner and before bedtime.  When the kitchen is clean and quiet and sleepy.   

2012_07290040


On my prayer list:::
No one in particular and everyone I know, if that makes sense? 


Bible verse, Devotional:::
We often think if life were smooth
We would a better witness be;
But God knows best—that faith midst trials
Can honor Him more powerfully. —Cetas


10 comments:

Unknown said...

Sandra desejo te uma boa semana, beijos para ti e meninos..

Tina Leigh said...

My first post in a while. Glad it's connected to you! Ive been up since the 3 O'clock hour!! Just couldnt sleep.Coffee twice with toasted english muffin & cheese.

See ya later.

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Sandra,

Love your crocheting! Love those colors!

I too love candle light. It's just so cozy.

And like you today, I'm so tired. We had a sleepless night for some reason and hubby and I both woke up tired. I didn't get up as early as you though! Bless your heart!

Have a good day, my friend!

Tammy

Elise said...

I know how you feel. My hubby gets up at 5:30 each day and man it does creep up on you fast if you don't get good sleep. Hoping you have a great week! Pray that those rain clouds come our way!

Heather Ortega said...

Hope you get some rest

Christy said...

I love your crochet projects too. I've been wondering what kind of havoc those dust storms cause. Dusting is my least favorite household chore. I would rather clean toilets, really.

Christy said...

Oh, forgot to say that I linked today.

Lois Christensen said...

Your day sounds like mine, only our alarm goes off at 5:00 and hubby leaves by 5:30 with breakfast and lunch. AND then my son needs to be at the football field by 7:00. Hope you're having a good day!

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

I apologize for linking some recipes. I did not realize at first that this was a Bible devotional linky and I couldn't get them off. So sorry.

Your favorite sister said...

Sorry I am a day late (: I still wanted to participate so I did it anyway!