Monday, July 16, 2012

Happy Homemaker Monday #27

Good morning everyone, I sure do hope you had a fantastic weekend.  Ours was amazing, we disconnected from the world and reconnected with each other.  We laughed, we talked, we had good food and went to the movies and went shopping and held hands, and gave hugs and just thanked the Lord for being reunited.

This morning hubby is headed back to work.  The kids are not too thrilled, they feel that he was gone for 6 weeks and should be with them for at least a few days Hahahah
Unfortunately, that is not how the military works.  But it's ok, at least he is here with us and will be home at the end of the day.   :)

I did take a little break from the blog, but now I'm back and I want to again thank you all for sticking with me and for always being here with a kind word.  I haven't been the best of blog buddies as I haven't visited you all much at all, but I am back now and will be back to coming by daily and saying hi :) 


happyhomemakermonday
If you want to save and use the new button, just click here.

The Weather:::
81 degrees, some random fluffy clouds in the sky.   We have had such glorious weather the past week, rain, cooler temperatures and even though it's really humid at times, I welcome it with open arms.  



On my reading pile:::
Still not reading anything, honestly haven't had time lately, but now that hubby is back and things are more relaxed, I am sure I will be back to reading in no time :)  


On my tv:::
I have four episodes of Starlings to catch up on.  (goodness)
Still haven't watched The Hollow Crown, so have those to catch up on too.
My Portuguese soaps - currently watching 3 of them.
Eureka tonight - last episode and hubby and I are so sad :( 



On the menu for this week:::
Hubby is back so that means, I'm back to cooking full time and boy did I miss it :)

Monday -  BBQ Ribs, Corn on the Cob, Baked Potatoes
Tuesday - Chicken Meatballs with Mushrooms, Rice
Wednesday - Bifes Estufados a antiga (Portuguese steak)
Thursday - Handmade Cavatelli with Pepperoni and Tomato Sauce, Garlic Bread
Friday -  Pork Tenderloins with Lemon and Cilantro and Garlic Butter Spaghetti
Saturday - Country Club Chicken with Mashed Potatoes
Sunday  -  Stir Fry Ginger Beef & Broccoli with Rice


On my to do list:::
Vacuum, mop
Iron and put away clean laundry
Quick run to the library to return books



What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
My wonderful Aunt Nita sent me a stash, and I mean a STASH of yarn, ribbon, crochet books etc.  I can NOT wait to get started on some projects.

Yarn Stash


Homemaking Tips:::
So your kids have posters they want to put up on the wall in their bedrooms, but you don't want to ruin the paint and you don't want to leave holes all over the place either......use toothpaste.  I know, when I first heard about this I thought it was crazy, but it WORKS!

You should not use a whitening toothpaste for this or something with "things in it." You know toothpaste these days, it's always packed with breath strips or something wild. Stick to the basics and you'll be all set. Shampoo works best when it's not "hydrating" which won't have the same sticking power.
Both will allow the poster to peel right off, assuming it isn't left on the wall for more than a few years (think less than 5 to be safe). It doesn't take much and you won't have to rummage through the garage to find a nail, tack or something else.



Looking around the house:::
Enjoying my cup of coffee with my hubby.  He is on his computer checking out email and facebook etc. and finishing getting ready for work.  I have missed these mornings with him, so.very.much.  :)
I have a pile of laundry to iron sitting on my deep freezer, I have ribs in the sink that I need to season and place in the crockpot.  Pugs are snoring away at daddy's feet and the kids are still in bed asleep.   It's quiet and it's just how I like it.  :)


From the camera:::
With the rain we've been getting lately, the sky has been a parade of beautiful fluffy clouds and I've enjoyed every minute of it. I love clouds, I love sky photos. You can check out some of mine on my Flickr set here "Sky Photos"

Fluffy Clouds


On my prayer list:::
My friend Jen, who is currently getting on an airplane with her three little ones to Hawaii.  They are PCSing there and her hubby who is in the Navy has been gone for a very long time.  This hasn't been easy for Jen, but she's a military wife, and she's strong and she will come through it brilliantly :)


Bible verse, Devotional:::
My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him.
Psalm 62:1

4 comments:

Hi, I'm Aleisha! said...

Hey Mama! Oh my goodness, your blog is so pretty! I love it. I linked up and am following you via GFC. Happy Monday!! http://callmemamaleisha.com

Liz said...

I'm so envious of your new yarn stash!

I'm so glad your husband is home and that your life can get back to normal.

Hope you have a wonderful week.

Andrea said...

I'm glad you are all back together again. Relax and enjoy spending time with each other!

Your favorite sister said...

So happy your family is all together again! I can't wait until it is my turn (: