Thursday, July 05, 2012

Cooking Thursday - Crockpot Chili Coke Roast

Good Morning, welcome to another Cooking Thursday :)

Today I'm going back in time and bringing in a slow cooker recipe, because, well, because my stash is starting to dwindle and I really would love some new crockpot recipes.

So, with that said, if you have any you love or are wanting to try, won't you share them with us this morning???



Today's recipe is one I have sitting in my bookmarks, waiting to try, but it sounds delicious and simple, which is always a plus :)




Crockpot Chili Coke Roast
Credit:  momswhothink

Ingredients:
3 pound beef roast
2 (12 ounce) jars chili sauce
2 Tablespoons minced onion
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 (12 ounce) cans cola (not diet)

Directions:
1. Place roast in crock pot.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the chili sauce, onion, and cola until well combined. Pour sauce over roast in crock pot.
3. Cook on low for 6 to 7 hours, until meat is tender.






3 comments:

Debra Gray-Elliott said...

Thank you for hosting. I linked up.

Sweet Tea said...

That does look & sound good.
I think I'm gonna make some Sloppy Joes tonight using Chili Sauce. Yum!

Mari said...

I'm a little late today - crazy day at work!
This looks good - I bet that meat is really tender!