Thursday, July 19, 2012

Cooking Thursday - Chicken Meatballs with a Creamy Mushroom Gravy

Good morning.  I just realized I haven't posted anything since Monday, my goodness.  I've been so busy around here, spending time with hubby and getting back into our normal routine etc.
I do have a lot of stuff to show you and share with you, so I'll do that today.  Can't wait to get back to posting every day :)




This is such a delicious meal and your family will thank you for taking the time to grind your own chicken for these meatballs.

I use a hand cranked No. 22 Metal Meat Grinder and I absolutely love it.  They are inexpensive and well worth the investment.

Chicken Meatballs with Mushrooms

Chicken Meatballs with a Creamy Mushroom Gravy

4 chicken breasts (grind through the meat grinder)
parsley
salt and pepper
garlic powder
onion flakes
2 bread slices
1 tablespoon flour
1 egg
Small onion, diced
Small can of mushrooms, drained
2 cups heavy cream


The best way to grind any kind of meat, is to have it either still frozen or semi frozen.  I always grind mind straight from the freezer.

Cut the chicken breasts into small cubes and grind.

In a bowl, add the ground chicken and the rest of the ingredients, except the bread.   In a separate bowl, place the bread slices, add a little bit of water and dip the bread until soggy.  Squeeze out the water, not all of it, leave a little.  Break into small pieces and add to the chicken mixture.

Mix everything well, add the flour and the egg, mix well and shape into meatballs.

Use flour to sprinkle on your hands and the chicken mixture so the meatballs don't stick.

In a skillet, add a little butter, and fry the chicken meatballs until done and nicely browned, remove to a plate. 

Add the onion and cook for a few minutes until tender.  Add in the mushrooms and the heavy cream and simmer for a minute or so.

Place the meatballs back into the skillet and heat for a few.

Serve with Rice :)

Chicken Meatballs with Mushrooms


4 comments:

Sherri B. said...

Love the new look of your blog! - These meatballs look and sound so good, a nice change from the beef with red sauce! xo

Amy said...

OH MY!!! Gotta try this dish!

Mari said...

Looks and sounds so good! I like the idea of a different type of meatball.

Susanne said...

I can't say I've ever had chicken meatballs. They look very delicious!