Thursday, January 12, 2023

{ Blog 365 #12 - Today }


 
 
I am sitting at my desk, with my bedroom window open to let in the cool evening air.  

It's not that it's cold, but it's quite windy which turns the breeze into this chilly air that cuts right to the bone....and yet, the window remains open, with the curtains blowing.   As they wave past the plants on the table near the window, they make this raspy sound, almost like something scratching on the wall.

Why am I telling you this?

Well, because I had no clue that was happening, and the first time it did, I about jumped out of my skin.  Why is it that the older I've gotten, the more antsy and easily frightened I get?  What is with that?

Anyway, it is 6:20pm, and I want to get this post up before I start my night routine.

I will say, it is getting easier for me to sit down, and make sure to get a post up, than it was the first week.  Boy, I struggled.  But what is that saying?  21 days to create a new habit?  I know, we're not quite there yet, but we're inching closer.

IMG_4523

I had the most perfect of homemaking days.  Just moving about, tidying, cleaning, dusting, and doing some chores that needed doing, but had been put off for a few days.  Like cleaning the fridge after loading it with this week's groceries.

And, giving my bookshelves some much needed dusting.

IMG_4501

IMG_4510

IMG_4520

IMG_4522

4 comments:

@irina_sweet_home said...

i need too some perfect homemaking days, my house is a mess

Daniela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Daniela said...

I am glad that you had a perfect day. About the fact that we become more nervous and easier to get scare as we age I agree with you. I can tell you that when I was young, I use to regularly do mountain hiking and climbing (as an amateur) but now I am afraid even when I move up with an escalator.

Jean said...

Glad you had a perfect homemaking day. I always think I'm going to clean my fridge before I go to the store but always end up doing it after I get home. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!